Quantcast Just Questions: Extreme Resort Makeover. - Page 29

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Hey all, just checking in to see what is happening. Looks like it is the same old silliness here.

I don't really know much new. The swelling in my spinal cord is worse then they expected this far after the last back surgery in late June so the doctor has started me doing some physical therapy in the water again. I do enjoy getting in the water but the workout has really zapped my energy and pushed the pain levels up again so I have been pretty much going to therapy and then home to lay down. Oh well, it's just all part of the process.

Did anyone see the article that says if children grow up with pets they are more likely to be snorers as adults? The article didn't really say if the pet had to be in the house or not but I find it rather hard to believe that there could be much of a connection. Supposedly this conclusion was printed recently in a British medical journal of some kind. My other question for the people who did this study is why would you ever even think to study such a link in the first place? It almost sounds to me as if they were looking for there to be a connection.
    Sorry about all the continuing back pain

The 'research' seems to be European based and I have never heard of them or the Journal they were published in. See below:
    Thinking of buying a pet for junior? Consider this: children who grow up in the company of cats, dogs or other furry friends are more likely to become snoring adults, according to a new study.

Snoring is no laughing matter. Besides sleep deprivation -- for the snorer, and especially for anyone within earshot -- snoring is linked to more serious consequences.

It increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, such as heart attacks or a stroke, and can even result in premature death.

Earlier research has shown that a tendency to snore can be established early in life.

To find out why, researchers led by Karl Franklin of University Hospital in Umea, Sweden asked more than 15,500 randomly selected people in Nordic countries about their early childhood, and their snoring habits.

Just over 18 percent of the respondents fit the profile of habitual snorers, defined as "loud and disturbing snoring at least three nights in a week."

The childhood "risk" factors most associated with this group were exposure to animals, early respiratory or ear infections, and -- oddly enough -- living in a large family.

Newborns in contact with dogs, they found, were among the most likely to become nocturnal noisemakers when they grew up.

"These factors may enhance inflammatory processes and thereby alter upper airway anatomy early in life, causing an increased susceptibility for adult snoring," the study conjectured.

The harsh, occasionally nerve-wracking sounds associated with snoring are caused the vibrating of the soft palate.

The study was published in the Britain-based BioMed Central's journal Resipiratory Research.
    Talking of things I have never heard of: can you believe how well GB is doing at the Olympics?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    Thanks Sarah, I'll be ready, don't you worry

Hey, you being closer to your trip means I'm closer to my trip!
    BTW Guess what Sarah?

WE"RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!
    Sorry had to let that out.
    Have a great lunch with your dad, enjoy his company and remember, it's ok for Daddy's girl to be a baby about missing him, k? As I've told you before, those of us who have or have had that kind of relationship with our family are the most blessed people in the world. I lost my dad when I was 22, but I had more love in that 22 years from my dad then a lot of people have in a lfetime!

Where'd you get the cards to print? I would love to do that.
    I had a nice lunch with my dad actually. We didn't talk about how bummed out I am about him leaving, we just talked about regular stuff. I'm kinda mad at him which I guess I shouldn't be, just hurt I guess.

I'll send you a PM with the website for the CM appreciation cards!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    I watched the beach volleyball both nights sad about the women's basketball. Two girls from LSU were on the team. Frustrating with gymnastics too.
    I have been up late three nights in a row watching something. First it was Shawn Johnson getting the gold on the beam, then the girls beach volleyball gold (I love Keri and Misty, they're the best), then last night it was the men's bean volleyball. I love that guy, "the thin beast" Too funny!

So, anyone doing anything fun tonight or this weekend? I'm headed off to clean up my house (FUN) and then veg out a bit. I committed myself to work the mobile adoptions tomorrow, so I better get some rest. Hope you all have a great one, I'll try to check in later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Have a great time Mary!! Be sure to pack your poncho!

Are ya jealous?

Don't these guys realize that its the kids they are hurting, and not the "ex"?

Well I'm off to the grocery store. We finally convinced the in-laws to eat dinners out this time. Who wants to cook on vacation? So we just need some breakfast and lunch foods, some snacks, and of course some rum! See ya!

Kind of like the movie, "Hope Floats". You're the lucky one Traci - we have a grandson that just turned 17 - and we're not even allowed to send him a birthday check. Sad part is, we don't know why. I'd love to hear an "outdoor" voice, so give Carter a hug from an "honorary" gramma. Your family will always know the difference between a mouse and a rat.

(I hope my saying you're "lucky" wasn't insensitive) Didn't mean it to be. How old is Carter?

Hang in there. God keeps the books.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    Kind of like the movie, "Hope Floats". You're the lucky one Traci - we have a grandson that just turned 17 - and we're not even allowed to send him a birthday check. Sad part is, we don't know why. I'd love to hear an "outdoor" voice, so give Carter a hug from an "honorary" gramma. Your family will always know the difference between a mouse and a rat.

(I hope my saying you're "lucky" wasn't insensitive) Didn't mean it to be. How old is Carter?

Hang in there. God keeps the books.
    Will do with the hug from honorary Gram!
    Saying I'm lucky wasn't insensitive at all, I love hearing him yell at me it's quite possibly my favorite sounds in the world! I'm way more than lucky, I'm downright blessed!!! Oh, he's 9 months.

OK now down to business, could you all try a little harder with the We got the emergency loan papers from the college, and found out that if she got the loan she would have to repay it within 30 days Her aid and student loan won't be in untill Oct. and she needs her books for orientation on wednesday!
    Can you say scrooged?
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    That is interesting about the kill switch underneath the seat causing a false signal. I wrote the other day that I had to take the van in due to a dash light - similar thing. Apparently with our van (Honda Odyssey) if there is anything in the passenger seat over 10lbs while you are driving and the item shifts, the van thinks there may be a kid crawling around and de-activates the airbag so it won't inflate and hit the kit. The crazy thing is that the only way to reset/override the signal is to take it to the dealership and have them reset it. One dealership wanted $95 and the other wanted $50. Oh well, had to pay to get it reset, and now I know - no more cases of water on the front seat, or, it could have been the baby diaper bag - those creatures do not travel light!
    Right, no adding Odyssey's to the package delivery fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Talking of things I have never heard of: can you believe how well GB is doing at the Olympics?
    Germany Boys?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Right, no adding Odyssey's to the package delivery fleet.

Germany Boys?

Can't do it with the Prius either. Our Chow spooked at a garbage truck and jumped in the front seat. I had to pull over and make her get into the back again. Either that, or try and belt her in. Can you imagine?
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooppps, I responded to the wrong quote. Sorry. Am I going to ask a question? (Can't think of a thing to ask).
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, runners, runners everywhere! And we get to follow them to the beach tomorrow!! What a mess, running through the city, though. Especially since each team has a chase van that follows. Fortunately they are heading to the beach about 10 miles north of where we will be.

So, taking a break from packing stuff up. Who knew that you could pack that much for a 4 day trip to the coast? Oh well. If it fits in the car without leaving a kid behind, we're OK. I'm taking my 'puter, but don't know what the situation is for connecting. This is where we are staying. Keep your fingers crossed for some decent weather. See you late Tuesday (or before, if I can connect)!! BEHAVE!

Post Thanks / Like

Did we know Alex was heading to WDW? He's gone until 9/2.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Yeah sure..... but don't you think you should have asked a question this time too ??????
    Hey! That's what I was going to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    If a Dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad Dog?
    Hi Jenn! If a dog barks his head off, can he still bark?

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    What does everyone have planned for the weekend?
    I'm working - both days. We're trying to get the whole system (including my evil project) out the door on 9/2, so we all have to test it out this weekend. Saturday shouldn't be too bad as the a/c is on until 2pm, but Sunday will likely be quite uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Okay, this is my fond farewell.
    Have a magical trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    The swelling in my spinal cord is worse then they expected this far after the last back surgery in late June so the doctor has started me doing some physical therapy in the water again.
    Lots of anti-inflammatory on the way to you!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Purina fed us lunch and Hill's Science Diet catered the reception after the ceremony.
    Did they serve people food?

We got the emergency loan papers from the college, and found out that if she got the loan she would have to repay it within 30 days. Her aid and student loan won't be in untill Oct. and she needs her books for orientation on wednesday!
    Lots of on the way!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

we have a grandson that just turned 17 - and we're not even allowed to send him a birthday check. Sad part is, we don't know why.
    Marilyn, sorry to hear about your grandson, that stinks that you can't have contact with him. He will wonder some day where you are, and why he was kept away.

This is where we are staying. Keep your fingers crossed for some decent weather. See you late Tuesday (or before, if I can connect)!! BEHAVE!
    Fingers, toes, and everything crossed that you have great weather!! And, no, I can't promise we'll behave, you know how we are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    I'm working - both days. We're trying to get the whole system (including my evil project) out the door on 9/2, so we all have to test it out this weekend. Saturday shouldn't be too bad as the a/c is on until 2pm, but Sunday will likely be quite uncomfortable.
    Rhonda, lots of your way to get this stinky project done, you have really been working your tail off!! Keep your head above water sister!

SO, what am I doing up right now? Funny you should ask, laid down in my nice clean, freshly laundered bed and found that Pinto had peed on the comforter!! ARGH!! Does anyone want some dogs??? I'll let them go, cheap, really! So I'm waiting for the laundry to go through and then I'll be off to bed again.

Sure is going to be quiet around here tonight without Blythe, and I'm sure Kate's not working tonight either since she was working OT last night.

Sleep well, my JQ friends, I'll try to check in tomorrow before I head to the mobile adoption!

Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning fellow students and faculty of the illustrious J.Q.U.
    How did everyone fare the night? I see people are sleeping in this morning so I'll be really quiet. I hope this brand new day finds you all pleasant and perky.
    In honor all of our wonderful children who are continuing their education (including my Hailey!!! ) I am offering a new student orientation.
    The schedule will be as follows-
    9:30 am- Road-kill collection 101
    10:00am- Road-kill preparation 101
    10:45am- Road-kill recipes 101
    11:50am- Redneck english 101

Following this class there will be a short break for lunch to test the recipes your fellow students made in Road-kill recipes.

The last but most important class of the day will start at 1:30 pm and end when everyone has passed out, that class would be

Margarita & cookie making and tasting 101
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day! to all.
    You guys think I have WAY too much time on my hands?

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post

Germany Boys?

Will do with the hug from honorary Gram!
    Saying I'm lucky wasn't insensitive at all, I love hearing him yell at me it's quite possibly my favorite sounds in the world! I'm way more than lucky, I'm downright blessed!!! Oh, he's 9 months.

OK now down to business, could you all try a little harder with the pixie dust? We got the emergency loan papers from the college, and found out that if she got the loan she would have to repay it within 30 days! Her aid and student loan won't be in untill Oct. and she needs her books for orientation on wednesday!
    Can you say scrooged?
    : and

Did we know Alex was heading to WDW? He's gone until 9/2.
    He didn't tell us, did he?
    Hi Jenn! If a dog barks his head off, can he still bark?Too

I'll be thinkin' 'bout cha!
    Have a magical trip!
    what she said!

Lots of anti-inflammatory on the way to you!
    I'll send a second serving
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all! Coffee anyone?
    Traci good luck with the college loan stuff.
    Sarah good luck at the adoption centre today. Rhonda good luck with the project. Jym why would you think I mow lawns? What kind of shoe would one need to mow lawns anyway?
    I had to get new shoes for the softball game. Somehow I didn't own any lace up proper running shoes. How odd is that? (However I found a cool pair of skechers sandals at the same time so I was pretty happy about that!)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

This is where we are staying. Keep your fingers crossed for some decent weather. See you late Tuesday (or before, if I can connect)!! BEHAVE!
    looks like a nice place, have a great time.
    How did everyone fare the night? I see people are sleeping in this morning so I'll be really quiet. I hope this brand new day finds you all pleasant and perky.
    In honor all of our wonderful children who are continuing their education (including my Hailey!!! ) I am offering a new student orientation.

Following this class there will be a short break for lunch to test the recipes your fellow students made in Road-kill recipes.

The last but most important class of the day will start at 1:30 pm and end when everyone has passed out, that class would be

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! to all.

where do i sign up and how much are books??

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, it was a restless night, but I'm up and at em!! If you could spare some extra pixie for the puppies today that they find new, loving, forever homes. I'm off to see what I can do!

to all. Do you have any Mountain Dew to spare? I need some caffeine! Take care!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    to all. Do you have any Mountain Dew to spare? I need some caffeine! Take care!!
    We bought 20 12-packs yesterday. What time you coming by? (a local pharmacy was having a 5 for $11 sale)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post

where do i sign up and how much are books??

kate
    Good one! I laughed out loud. I could probably get you a loan for the books but you'd have to repay in 5 minutes

T&G, nice digs! Have a great time!!!

Sarah, so glad to hear you had a nice lunch with your dad! Good luck today. for those little fur-babies!

Natalie, thanks for the wishing us good luck, we certainly need it!
    Don't you just LOVE Sketchers??

Deb, it's so good to see my cosmic twin around for more than one sentence you're missed when you're not here!

Rhoda, sorry about the evil project weekend.

So does anyone have anything fun planned for the day? I think we're just relaxing for the day, tomorrow we're going to a car show (we get in free because of the 64 1/2 Mustang) it's only about 2 miles away. Yay! I think Bruce is going to work on his electrolizers (sp?) he's made these contraptions that convert cars to run on hydrogen and gas. They work real well, he's brought the gas milage on the old stang up to 18 1/2 MPG as opposed to the 14 it was getting not a huge difference I know but every little bit helps. Every time he tweaks it, it gets more MPG. Cool huh?

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, Sorry to hear about not being able to see your DGS. I will share Carter if you'd like. You can never have too many people in a childs life.(well good people at least) He has a Gramma(Bryants Gram), Mi-Mi(my mom), GrammieBryants mom), and he made up the name Nay-Nay for me (I don't know where he got it but I LOVE it, he just started crying one day as I was going out the door and was saying Nay-Nay and that's what he's called me since). Would you like to be Gram-Gram or Nana?

Countless previous trips

pogo Guest

So, taking a break from packing stuff up. Who knew that you could pack that much for a 4 day trip to the coast? Oh well. If it fits in the car without leaving a kid behind, we're OK. I'm taking my 'puter, but don't know what the situation is for connecting. This is where we are staying. Keep your fingers crossed for some decent weather. See you late Tuesday (or before, if I can connect)!! BEHAVE!
    It looks like a fun place, but where's the tiki bar ????

I will promise to behave but I can not speak for Sarah and Kate. You know how they are.

I won't be around much this weekend either. Today is just hanging around the resort with family and tomorrow is the Great NY State Fair. We are going to see the Outlaws perform. This is the band that tried to recruit me back in the 80's and I haven't seen them since.

Anybody want to meet us there ???
    Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    SO, what am I doing up right now? Funny you should ask, laid down in my nice clean, freshly laundered bed and found that Pinto had peed on the comforter!! ARGH!! Does anyone want some dogs??? I'll let them go, cheap, really! So I'm waiting for the laundry to go through and then I'll be off to bed again.
    And yet another reason why we don't have a pet. That and the fact we are never home to take of them.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! hugs to all.
    I'll have to skip all the classes today. Besides, I'm already in Grad School earning my PHD in Margarita making and drinking !
    Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Hi all! Coffee anyone?
    Traci good luck with the college loan stuff.
    Sarah good luck at the adoption centre today. Rhonda good luck with the project. Jym why would you think I mow lawns? What kind of shoe would one need to mow lawns anyway?
    I had to get new shoes for the softball game. Somehow I didn't own any lace up proper running shoes. How odd is that? (However I found a cool pair of skechers sandals at the same time so I was pretty happy about that!)
    Just what you need.... more shoes !
    Marilyn, Sorry to hear about not being able to see your DGS. I will share Carter if you'd like. You can never have too many people in a childs life.(well good people at least) He has a Gramma(Bryants Gram), Mi-Mi(my mom), GrammieBryants mom), and he made up the name Nay-Nay for me (I don't know where he got it but I LOVE it, he just started crying one day as I was going out the door and was saying Nay-Nay and that's what he's called me since). Would you like to be Gram-Gram or Nana?
    Or.... she could be called Gram Cracker !

I'll probably be lurking tonight and maybe even Monday. Patti and I are off until Tuesday so I'll try to check in when I can.

As T&G said..... BEHAVE Sarah and Kate !

Post Thanks / Like

Well my plans are now set for the weekend... Fay decided to head this way before heading north. I have to say she is an odd one. I'm sure she'll be a wash (lots of rain) and the possibility of tornadoes. But I don't want to run around town with flooded streets.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Sounds like a good lunch. Kibble or canned food?
    Yeah, those people from CT can't take any heat. Wimps.
    They did serve us ppl food and in fact the Hill Science food was better. I think they just spent more but then their food does cost more and they like to have the vet's sell it in their practice if they have one.
    I wonder if my friend from CT is having a cow by this point? Wait til she finds out we don't have 4 seasons here. It will remain hot through much of Oct then get mild a few cold days and then spring comes for a few weeks.
    we have a grandson that just turned 17 - and we're not even allowed to send him a birthday check.
    It's so sad... my kids would have loved to have two sets of grandparents. When I left my ex the entire family banned us. Sad thing is that its the kids who suffer.
    OK now down to business, could you all try a little harder with the pixie We got the emergency loan papers from the college, and found out that if she got the loan she would have to repay it within 30 days Her aid and student loan won't be in untill Oct. and she needs her books for orientation on wednesday!
    Traci headed your way. It's not uncommon for them to old $$. Usually they give them enough for books. I believe they have extensions but it's just a way to get more fees and $$ from you
    Has she tried to order books online? My dd would order books even from Wal-Mart. You would be surprised to find the books they stock online. Amazon of course is another great site for school books. Sometimes you can get a used one for a fraction of the cost. Another trick is to ask if the Library has a copy or ask the professor to put one on reserve and xerox the chapters you need for the class until your book arrives. We have done university on a dime here many times.

Boy, runners, runners everywhere!
    Which rock is your room? Kind of reminds me of the Harry Potter movie... have a great time.
    Did they serve people food?
    Yes, we got people food and Hill Science Diet actually tasted better.

I'm interested in a Sociology class.. can I enroll in a 200 level course? maybe Coon dogs, Stills and the law???

Well, my mom wants me to take her to get hurricane supplies... I'm pretty sure we won't even lose power, that this will just be more a nuisance than danger. I won't be stupid though. Fortunately we are on the same power grid as the state police so we had power 8 hours after Katrina while many ppl in town waited 3 weeks.
    I'm planning on moving this weekend..
    Not the house, just the computer. I bought a new desk yesterday. One I can store more junk on
    Can anyone help me lift this box?
    Have a great weekend all...
    Last edited by MsMin; 08-23-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: fixed a quote

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: