Quantcast Walt just chillin...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walt just chillin...

I have a question for those in the Disney "know" on the board...
    I heard something that I have tried to just throw in my "it's just a rumor" box, and have held on to it for a few days. I've read lots on Walt, but of course, this is not the kind of stuff you see in the biographies. I just know someone on here has the true answer...

Is Walt really cryo-ginized (sp) for a later time?

A bit morbid I know, but I just can't let it go... someone put my brain at ease, please.
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Not true.

Walt is buried in the family plot in Forest Lawn in LA.

This rumor started mostly due to the secretive burial. Walt did not want his funeral to be a big Hollywood production, just a small family gathering, this fueled all the speculation.

His grave is also kind of hidden from the public which also keeps this rumor alive.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some more details I found via a quick Google Search:

Eisner debunks Walt Disney burial myth
    March 10, 2004

Of all the grave matters facing Walt Disney chief executive Michael Eisner, he recently raised an unexpected one.

In an appearance on CNN's Larry King Live, where he fielded questions about the mounting criticism of his management, Mr Eisner told how he once sought out Walt Disney's burial site.

"His wishes were that it was unmarked and not available to anybody to ever find out," Mr Eisner said. "But I went up there and I talked my way into them showing me where he's buried."

Asked by King whether he knew why the site wasn't marked, Mr Eisner said Mr Disney, who died in 1966, "wanted his privacy forever", as did his widow, Lillian, who died in 1997.

On the final resting place of the founder of the entertainment empire, Mr Eisner said: "It's a beautiful little spot and nobody could ever find it, and I'm very proud that I talked myself into it."

It might not have been that difficult. Bonnie Quintanilla, a spokeswoman for Forest Lawn Glendale (California), said the cemetery did not as a policy volunteer any information about where people, famous or not, were buried. But Walt Disney's grave, she said, isn't unmarked.

Anyway, it's easy to find on various websites offering detailed maps to celebrity tombs.

At Disney, a spokesman said that Mr Eisner "visited the grave 10 years ago, and at the time there were no markings to the site. He had to be led to it. Unless you were led to it, it would have been difficult to find."

The topic came up on King's show after Mr Eisner was asked by a caller from Canada about the urban legend that Mr Disney's body was frozen, providing a lighthearted respite from the more uncomfortable give-and-take with King about Comcast Corp's unsolicited takeover bid and Disney's restless shareholders.

Mr Eisner had debunked the myth before, and did so again. (According to numerous accounts, including one in his 1998 autobiography Work in Progress, Walt Disney was cremated, with his ashes buried at Forest Lawn.)

Since taking control of the company 20 years ago, Mr Eisner often has emulated the entertainment legend, from hosting a TV show himself to putting his personal stamp on nearly every facet of the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I have a question for those in the Disney "know" on the board...
    I heard something that I have tried to just throw in my "it's just a rumor" box, and have held on to it for a few days. I've read lots on Walt, but of course, this is not the kind of stuff you see in the biographies. I just know someone on here has the true answer...

Is Walt really cryo-ginized (sp) for a later time?

A bit morbid I know, but I just can't let it go... someone put my brain at ease, please.
    further to Megadisney's response, there are pictures of the family plot and name plaque ( and even death certificate certifying cremation ) online if you do a bit of googling.
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah? Then what's this "Disney on Ice" I keep hearing about?

Sorry - couldn't resist...

Post Thanks / Like

My family always discusses this, I have to admit it would be neat if years from now he could be un-frozen and brought back to life, that would be amazing! However, I'm glad to know that he is in a peaceful resting place.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

if walt came back, what would he think?
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys...
    I knew I could count on yall for a solid rebutle.
    I especially liked the "Disney on Ice" comment... Pretty funny in a morbid kind of way. Walt is a fascinating study on the human drive and spirit.
    I do wonder what he would think (and do) if he was a round today...
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

1) Yes, Walt is buried and not frozen.
    2) However, finding his grave is relatively easy.
    3) As you walk around the cemetery, you feel vibrations in the ground.
    4) As you get closer to the grave, the vibrations get stronger.
    5) At the grave site, th vibrations are like a small earthquake.

NOTE: Turns out those vibrations are Walt turning over in his grave from what has been done to his parks buy Eisner and Ogre (I mean Iger) in the name of profit and forgetting the guest. After all, he said, "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.".
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    After all, he said, "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    The key word there is "just" I think people tend to forget about that word.

They DID go into it to make money, they also went into it for the fun and excitment of something new. The quote doesn't mention the guest or magic.

Walt was not a saint and too many seem to put him on a pedestal.

Disney is and always will be a for profit corporation. If the business was run the way some fans think it should be, it would have been bankrupt YEARS ago...

Post Thanks / Like

If Walt were alive today, I'm pretty sure he'd be amazed at how huge his "little" idea has become. Four parks in Florida, two in California, two in Europe, three in Asia... There are parks all over the world, there are amazing attractions that have taken his original Audio Animatronic technology and advanced it into amazingly themed attractions. Sure, as with anything, I imagine there would be things he would be disappointed with, but on the whole I think he'd be impressed.

Again, we have to remember that Walt may not have created Disneyland with the sole intention of making money, but if it didn't make money, he would have gone broke and there would have been no more Disneyland, let alone WDW.

The Disney parks today are created for the sole goal of good family entertainment that you can't find anywhere else. The wonderful side affect of such a creation is that you make money.
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Walt died in Dec. 1966 and the company Cyro Tech did not start till late 1966 so this was a new thing back then.
    So I dont think it was real big yet when walt died....

Another reason that the answer is no.....

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the real answer was that since it was his body that let him down with the lung cancer but his brain had done so many great things in his life that he only had his head frozen because he was part of a secret group of wealthy, important people who the government is making new audio-animatronic bodies for!

Believe it or not there was actually a story like this many years back in one of those tabloids like the National Enquirer or one of the others! It never fails to amaze me at the creative things people will come up with. Oh, and just for the record and to make sure no one thinks I am trying to start a new rumor, this is another one that is false!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Actually the real answer was that since it was his body that let him down with the lung cancer but his brain had done so many great things in his life that he only had his head frozen because he was part of a secret group of wealthy, important people who the government is making new audio-animatronic bodies for!

1) OMG !
    2) I get shivers thinking of the head/brains being reused from
    . . . Mike Eisner
    . . . Jimmy Carter
    . . . Paris Hilton
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

Believe it or not there was actually a story like this many years back in one of those tabloids like the National Enquirer or one of the others! It never fails to amaze me at the creative things people will come up with. Oh, and just for the record and to make sure no one thinks I am trying to start a new rumor, this is another one that is false!
    I can faintly remember a few years back a kids show or movie that followed a similar premise. Honestly! I have to ask my kids if they remember what it was.
    Let's Go Phils!

First trip: CBR Halloween 2007
    Last trip: WL September 2008
    Next trip:WL September 2009

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

1) OMG !
    2) I get shivers thinking of the head/brains being reused from
    . . . Mike Eisner
    . . . Jimmy Carter
    . . . Paris Hilton
    Why not? they have never been used.....
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    The key word there is "just" I think people tend to forget about that word.
    Of course Walt went into it to make a profit and bring joy to families. I think they have done a better job making WDW avaliable to more families with the addition of the values. There are still a ton of ways to do WDW very expensive (ie. the deluxes) but there are a ton of ways to do it fairly inexpensive too. After all there is still FW and you can always bring your tent.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I get shivers thinking of the head/brains being reused from
    . . . Mike Eisner
    . . . Jimmy Carter
    . . . Paris Hilton
    Paris might take offense at being mentioned in the same list as ME and JC.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: