Quantcast Any News about the Space Mountain refurb?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any News about the Space Mountain refurb?

On our last trip (my kids' first), we did not make it into tomorrowland because of a sick child, so I was hoping to visit Space Mountain and TTA this May, but there had been some news about these being closed for a year, come January. Any updates on this?
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

last i heard from my friend who still works there is that the BIG refurb is not happening ... its just putting in some new safety gates but they are talking about recasting the whole attraction ...

but its always changing ....

i dont think disney know what it wants to do
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, it is still on for the beginning of next year. Included in that was brand new track (with the same layout), new pre and post show elements, the safety gate add-on mentioned above, among other things. Anywhere from a 12-18 month timeframe.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any idea when this might be officially announced? We'll be in the MK January 10th, and while I'm not a roller coaster person, my family loves the TTA and would be sad to have it down.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just returned from my first trip ever to Disneyland (my family always went to Disney World in Florida) and was shocked to see how great the new Space Mountain is there. While I still go on the Space Mountain in Florida, It's not my favorite roller coaster there because it's so creaky and rickety. That being said, I was somewhat hesitant about going on the ride at Disneyland. How wrong I was! It reminds me very much of RNR at Hollywood Studios in FL. It has the 2 seats next to each other as opposed to the one behind the other design at WDW and it's incredibly smooth. THe new take off at the beginning is a great addition.

Does anyone know if this is the refurbishment that they are doing to Space Mountain at WDW? If so, I promise everyone, it will be well worth the wait!
    8/08- Disneyland Resort (first time at DL!)
    8/06- Wilderness Lodge with family
    6/06 POP "Big Girls Trip with my sister
    ~loooong Disney Drought :(~
    2000- Dixie Landings
    1997- Dixie Landings
    1995-Dixie Landings
    1992- Dixie Landings
    numerous small trips to WDW from 89-92 OP

--Kate

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to take a guess as to when this would happen, and it's just a total guess, it would be somewhere in mid January. Most likely after the busy first week, but I don't imagine they'd wait too long after that.

Everything I've heard is that they are going ahead with the full rehab, including replacing most of the trackwork (keeping same layouts) and adding the sound system, but I don't have any insider info.
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT1234 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is the refurbishment that they are doing to Space Mountain at WDW? If so, I promise everyone, it will be well worth the wait!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just returned from my first trip ever to Disneyland (my family always went to Disney World in Florida) and was shocked to see how great the new Space Mountain is there.
    Couldnt have said it better. As a DL regular (3-5x's a yr) Space Mountain is better at DL. WDW one is outdated and considering how much more traffic WDW gets, it would benefit them to update it. It is a GREAT ride
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just returned from my first trip ever to Disneyland (my family always went to Disney World in Florida) and was shocked to see how great the new Space Mountain is there. While I still go on the Space Mountain in Florida, It's not my favorite roller coaster there because it's so creaky and rickety. That being said, I was somewhat hesitant about going on the ride at Disneyland. How wrong I was! It reminds me very much of RNR at Hollywood Studios in FL. It has the 2 seats next to each other as opposed to the one behind the other design at WDW and it's incredibly smooth. THe new take off at the beginning is a great addition.
    It's a Vekoma, give it time. It'll get a little rickety and creaky.

I personally love the Florida version better. The DL one, although smoother, wasn't as exciting for me. I love the dualing "rocket ships" over the one track SM.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: