Quantcast When you visit the parks.......

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What causes you stress at WDW?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rude castmembers/ poor service.

15 7.08%
  • Rude guests.

84 39.62%
  • Worrying about $$$.

9 4.25%
  • Cranky family members.

37 17.45%
  • Waiting in long lines.

17 8.02%
  • I don't get stressed.

50 23.58%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When you visit the parks.......

Do you get stressed out? If so, what pushes your "stress" button?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to pick cranky kids. When my wife & I went without the kids last year, there wasn't anything that could get me stressed.

The only other thing that comes to mind is when people start suggesting we leave the park early and head back to the hotel.
    Next Trip: All Star Movies - Dec '11

09/11 - Disneyland
    12/07 - Caribbean Beach
    05/07 - Boardwalk
    05/05 - Port Orleans Riverside
    09/99 - Wilderness Lodge
    06/'97 - Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon!)
    1988 - Offsite
    early 80's - Golf Resort
    1979 - Polynesian
    1975 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be cranky family members...Nothing brings you back to reality more that a meltdown in front of thousands of stangers...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Never met a rude CM and we go during value season ,so long lines not really an issue either/
    My kids or family members never get cranky at the World.
    But there are several type of guests that get my goat.

Groups of teens without an adult that are rude and totally oblivious that anyone else is at the park but them.

Stoller nazi's that have no respect for personal space, and seem blind to walking guests, especially children.
    PS:Add to this strollers with 6,7,8 and 9 year olds being pushed around so they-what- don't get any exercise or so they can save their energy to run over the other kids in line that actually walked there.

Adults that are inconsiderate of kids at the parks. I know we are all kids at heart at Disney, but I have seen some really not kid friendly behavior toward the younger set.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and don't have any kids yet, so we usually go it alone. We seem to have no problem overlooking your occasional 'rude' guests due to the fact that every where we turn is a reminder of where we are and that alone helps keep us stress free.

So far, we've not had the unpleasurable experience of encountering a disgruntled CM. As a matter of fact, they have all seemed to be more than willing to accommodate our every request or concern.

My advice is when you encounter a negative situation at the World, just think of all those people having to work and who knows what else while you are playing in the most fun place in the world to be!! Just relax and enjoy yourself, cause life could be a lot worse!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't really get stressed but there are two types of rude guests that annoy us.

1. People at CS locations who just leave their dirty trays and food all over the tables. Folks, its busy there, think of the other folks enjoying the parks and take 30 seconds to clean your table.

2. Guests who talk throughout a show. Let me hear what's going on.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

#1 Rude Cast Members
    #2 Rude guests
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I put down rude guests ...but its queue jumpers that really annoy out of all of those choices

Post Thanks / Like

Default parade hoggers!

I know that everyone wants to be front row for the parades but last visit 2 people kept standing in front of my kids to take pictures of the parade and fireworks. They had large zoom lenses and i'm sure they could have gotten a good shot from any position. Any time a new float would come down they would jump off the sidewalk and stand in front of my DD7 and DS4. The kids were sitting and are very tiny! The only other thing is that I have seen a mom get mad at and hit her child across the face. The child was only a toddler and was being over excited, but what do you expect with all the over stimulation, heat and fatigue?? Seeing such a horrible act against a child where they should be having the time of their lives was disturbing and bothered me the whole vacation. I wanted to go and say something to the woman but DH wouldn't let me.
    Keep Moving Forward

Post Thanks / Like

I went with rude CM/poor service. As for rude guests you sort expect to encounter them at some point, but rude CM/poor service you are not expecting and if it does happen it causes stress.
    Every year from 76 to 87 offsite,
    Sept 93 POFQ
    Sept 95 POFQ
    Sept 97 POFQ
    July 05 ASMV
    July 06 ASMV
    October 08 ASMV
    July 10 POFQ
    December 10 POFQ
    June 2011 ASM
    December 2012 POFQ
    August 2014 ASSP

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say rude guests too. the CMs put in such an effort to keep the magic going and then you see people just dumping trash or blocking kids from seeing the parades. last year just before the show at the castle, we were queing to get some drinks and the man in front was really rude to the CM and then called his girlfriend a very bad word while demanding money. i don't know who was more embarrased, us or the CM or his family!!!
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

Rude guests gets my vote. I been on a lot of vacations and seven times to WDW. I have never encountered as many rude guests as I have at the World. Besides the line jumpers, unfriendliness to kiddos, parents slapping or yelling at their kids I really have a problem with the people who do wait til the last minute to get to a parade and then stand in front of the people that have gotten their place way in advance. I have seen a whole family (up to 14) get in the handicap area with one handicapped member and not have room for other handicapped visitors. I wish the CM's would patrol this a little better. For my luck, I have never encountered a rude CM. Usually people who have, are usually being reprimanded for an infraction and think their civil rights have been trompled on. Guys - that's not rude, just a CM doing their job (probably one they would rather not have).
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

It would really really disappoint me if I did get a rude castmember but that would put me in a bad mood- luckily I haven't had this problem. I have to admit that rude guests can also put me in a bad mood- but again I must have gotten lucky really lucky on our last trip but I didn't encounter one of those either.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get stressed... at least that's what I like to think. Anytime I start to let the little things (or big things) bug me I take a step back, breathe deep and smile, after all I am in my favourite place in the world. It could be so much worse
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for rude guests. I'm always the person who moves out of the way when someone is coming into my path, I consider it polite. When I took a trip with my (older) mother who clearly can't walk too well, I figured this time people would move for her (us.) WRONG. Folks young and old, stroller or no stroller, made no attempt to move out of our way. Occasionally when we didn't move, people would brush against one of us rather than take an extra step.
    I have encountered a rude CM only once, same trip. At the HM, Mom and I were on the platform ready to board and her shoe slipped off. By the time she got it back on there was no way we could make it up to the buggy we were supposed to be in. So we hopped into the next one. The CM glared at her and said "okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" in an extrememly rude tone. Should have gotten her name, I was just hoping Mom didn't hear so she didn't feel bad...
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

Post Thanks / Like

cranky family members for me! My dad and my sister and so impatient when it comes to lines and my sister also hates people! My mom is patient, but she does not like to stay out for a long time at night or walk a lot
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great idea for a poll! Too bad I was limited to just one choice as it was a toughy between rude CM's/poor service and rude guests.
    I voted on rude guests. I mean, we're all there for the same reason...to have fun! Give it a break.
    I can give a slight break to the cm's because sometimes I just wouldn't want to be in their shoes. (especially when dealing with RUDE GUESTS!!)
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go with cranky family members! Nothing ruins a perfectly nice afternoon at WDW like a good ol' family spat about what to do next, who's getting on who's nerves, etc.

But, I do have to say that rude CMs was a close second for me. Luckily, I haven't encountered very many of them, but when I do, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. On our most recent trip, when we checked into the Poly, the guy at the counter was so unbelieveably rude to us, we were just floored! He was really snotty from the get go, and when he told us what room we'd be in, we asked if we could see the pool from our balcony. His response was, "Well, if you lean off your balcony and look REALLY hard to the left, you might get to see a little section of the pool, if you're lucky." When we politely asked if there was a room available that did overlook the pool, he huffed loudly and said, "The room you were given is the best we can do. If you don't want this room, I don't know what to tell you." He didn't even make an effort to see if there was another room available. The room we were in was fine, but the way we were treated at check in left us all in a bad mood and a little angry. Put a little bit of a bad spin on the first couple days of our trip, especially considering how much $$$ we spent to stay there!!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually get too stressed at WDW, but sometimes DH's stress level affects me. He gets easily irritated and it makes me and the kids feel a little stressed, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised that I am the only person so far that gets stressed about money concerns. I guess all the other stuff I can walk away from if it bothers me. I can't magically produce more money. I wish!
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: