Quantcast Just put my order in...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just put my order in...

for Garden Grocer. We got some snack items, breakfast items, milk, a case of water and 2 8pks of powerade.

All in all I guess it wasn't a bad deal. I think it will actually save us in the long run. We were unable to do the dining plan, so having breakfast in the room will allow us to eat lightly during the day.

I scheduled our delivery for 8-10am the morning we check in. I am sure we will probably beat the delivery since we are staying at the airport the night before.

Only 22 more days, but who's counting!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

have a wonderful vacation for starters. how did you go about doing the grocer thing...ive read about it in threads but dont know where to go to place orders or what they have. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

We're shipping non-perishables ahead of time and that always saves some bucks and makes it more convenient. Never thought about this idea, however. Good post.

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Grocer is fantastic- esp if you are traveling with little ones and need diapers, wipes, etc. You can go to their site and see all that they offer. Basically, anything you could get at your local grocery store. Their delivery fee is $12, free if you order more than $200. We've ordered snacks, sodas, water, yogurt, milk and baby necessities from them in the past. Be careful though, we wound up ordering way more snacks and drinks than we could use and wound up giving them away to other guests at the end of our trip.
    Karin

February 1989 day trip
    July 1991 day trip
    CBR July 2006
    Rental House off Property July 2007
    POR Sept 2007 (free dining!!)
    POR August 2008 (free dining!!)
    Rental House off Property August 2009
    POR August 2010 (free dining!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carley View Post
    have a wonderful vacation for starters. how did you go about doing the grocer thing...ive read about it in threads but dont know where to go to place orders or what they have. thanks
    thanks! i went to their website and everything is organized by category. I just searched for what I want, ordered, and picked my delivery time and date. It was really very easy. They seem to have just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by onjbj View Post
    Garden Grocer is fantastic- esp if you are traveling with little ones and need diapers, wipes, etc. You can go to their site and see all that they offer. Basically, anything you could get at your local grocery store. Their delivery fee is $12, free if you order more than $200. We've ordered snacks, sodas, water, yogurt, milk and baby necessities from them in the past. Be careful though, we wound up ordering way more snacks and drinks than we could use and wound up giving them away to other guests at the end of our trip.
    It seems that with the delivery fee and prices, it was a little steep, but not when I figured how much water and powerade would cost us over the 6 day period.

We didn't order too many snacks and such for the exact reason you stated, I didn't want a lot of leftovers! However, my mom will be staying in the area offsite for a few days so anything that might be left will go home with her.

Thanks for your replies!
    Last edited by Strmchsr; 07-20-2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: removed website per TOS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: