Quantcast Saratoga Springs Officially SOLD OUT !

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Saratoga Springs Officially SOLD OUT !

According to Jim Lewis (President of DVC), as of this past weekend DVC has now sold all existing inventory at SSR!

Could that possibly mean that we'll be seeing sales of the under-construction Bay Lake Towers memberships soon??

Stay tuned............

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOD LET'S HOPE SO!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs Officially SOLD OUT !

Very cool about SSR. Cooler about the possibilities of Lake Towers!

Post Thanks / Like

So, does this mean that the only available memberships are for the AKV? I know Disney has the first right of refusal when someone goes to sell their ownership. Does DVC have any re-sell inventory? Just curious. While I am a proud SSR owner (bought before it was even open) I would love to have ownership in another resort to enjoy the 11 month window. Its getting ridiculous trying to get anything at the 7 month mark at non-home resorts.

Thanks!
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbug View Post
    Does DVC have any re-sell inventory?
    Yes, you can add-on points at any DVC resort.
    DVC Mike

lockedoutlogic Guest

true...saratoga has probably sold it's initial amount of purchase agreements.....

but i think this statement is misleading.....

you can get thousands....if not tens of thousands of points through third party resale to saratoga right now.....i would imagine that disney is sitting on quite a large pile itself.....

i'm guessing that no more than 80 percent of the points are currently owned and in use......

and if serious economy troubles happen....that will go up.....

...i personally wish i hadn't bought mine.....and would have rather bought okw or beach club resale.....a concept that i balked at just a couple of years ago....

the difficulty in getting anything at 7 months makes the ownership not what it should be....

hopefully that will smooth out in the future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbug View Post
    So, does this mean that the only available memberships are for the AKV? I know Disney has the first right of refusal when someone goes to sell their ownership. Does DVC have any re-sell inventory? Just curious. While I am a proud SSR owner (bought before it was even open) I would love to have ownership in another resort to enjoy the 11 month window. Its getting ridiculous trying to get anything at the 7 month mark at non-home resorts.

Thanks!
    Yes, whenever Disney exercises ROFR, the points go back into their inventory. You can ask your guide what other resorts they might have "in stock". When we were looking for Beach Club points to add on, our guide said they were rare, but that he had a lot of Boardwalk for us ( at the time ) is we were interested. You can also be placed on a waiting list for if/when such points become available ( this requires a credit card for a deposit if it does. But can be cancelled anytime until the points become available ).

The alternative, is to buy resales. Which is what we ended up doing for our BCV. The thing to be careful about here is that you could end up with two seperate DVC numbers. In our case, we were careful to buy a resale that was the same resort, and the same USE YEAR as our own and it came in under our same membership.

As for Bay Lake towers, hasn't it already been rumoured that the announcement will be in August?
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: