Quantcast Longbeach airport?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longbeach airport?

Has anyone flew into Longbeach on there way to DIsneyland? How was it?

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only flown to Orange County (John Wayne), and as for that, I've had nothing but good experiences there. All my flights have taken off and landed on time, and it's a very short distance from DL.

As far as driving from Long Beach to DL, I know that it's sort of an awkward drive as there's no direct freeway route. You either have to take city roads (lots of stops) or take an "angular" freeway route.

One of the nice parts about John Wayne / OC airport is that you just hop on the 55, get on I-4 and you're there in like 10-15 minutes, it's basically 4 lane freeway or more the whole way.

Hopefully someone can give you some more input on Long Beach, though.
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

How long is the drive from Long Beach airport to Disneyland?

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on which route you take, I'd say the fastest way from Long Beach airport is to take the 405 over to 22, and then I-5 to DL. That route will take about 20-25 minutes, and is approximately 22 miles.

There are shorter routes, but will likely take you as long or longer due to stops and starts.

I'd say the trip from Orange County Airport is closer to 15 minutes, and it's about 13 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

And those times are off peak times, I would guess. During high traffic time periods, the drive is longer, even with carpool lanes.

The few times I've been to Long Beach, it seemed like a rat warren of streets - no one direct route, but several circuitous side routes that drove me crazy (pun intended). I'd highly recommend the John Wayne airport. Much less hassle.

If you have to go into Long Beach, schedule it between 10am and 2pm and you might miss traffic. Although, this is California and traffic is a way of life here.

2000 - Infinity: DLR Premium Annual Passholder
    Sixty minutes from my front door to Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Post Thanks / Like

We flew into and out of Long Beach on our trip to CA a couple years ago and LOVED it! Because the planes board outside, they board from the front and rear so boarding was super quick and picking up checked bags afterward was also nearly instantaneous. We were off the plane and into our rental car quicker than at any other airport.

Upon arrival we stayed in Santa Monica for a few days, but on return were were coming from the Disneyland Hotel and I don't remember the drive being difficult. (I think it was a Sunday though!).

If you can avoid LAX, I'd recommend it!
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
    The few times I've been to Long Beach, it seemed like a rat warren of streets - no one direct route, but several circuitous side routes that drove me crazy (pun intended). I'd highly recommend the John Wayne airport. Much less hassle.
    You can take Willow street which becomes Katella, which goes straight to DL. You're basically on that one straight road the whole way. The problem is mostly that it's lots of starts and stops and ends up taking longer than just taking the freeways.

But yeah, if you have a choice of which airport, I'd choose Orange County / John Wayne over Long Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

I made some comments on the Long Beach airport in your post about Jet Blue (should have scrolled down first ). We took Super Shuttle from Long Beach to GCH so I can't comment on how difficult the drive was, but timewise it took about 1/2 hour - we were the only ones in the shuttle, and it was mid-day on a Sunday in Oct.

FYI not only do the planes board outside, but baggage claim is outside too.

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)