Quantcast Handicapped seating at Fantasmic?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handicapped seating at Fantasmic?

Has anyone ever sat in the handicapped seating for Fantasmic, either the regular seating or the seating off to the side that is designated for the dinner packages?
    We are debating on going to this show, I think Hayden would like it, but what's the point if the seating is bad, and I am afraid it is right at the very top just before the steps.

Thanks for any advice.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The handicap seating is at the top of the theater as you enter. It is done this way because everyone enters at the top and then walks down steps to get to the bleachers. They have places for both those in a wheelchair as well as regular seating for their families to join them. If a show is jam packed and there are no handicap families needing the space they will allow anyone else to use that area as well.

As for the view, I think it is just fine from that position. While we have never actually sat in the handicap section we have sat in the first row in front of it and the view was just as good as being down near the bottom.

There is also one other GREAT advantage to being at the top and that is that if the wind is blowing towards the audience as it often seems to do, you won't get wet sitting up that high! For this very reason we try to sit up as close as possible to the handicap area!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jasper that makes me feel a little better.

Post Thanks / Like

We sat here with my Mom on our last trip. We were in the dinner package section, and yes, they are at the very top of the seating area, but we saw just fine!

The CM's were really good at making sure that no one sat in the handicapped section, so we had enough room, and lucked out with no one in front of us.

I would get there in good time, even if you have the dinner package, so you're not too far off to the side!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up We sat there in April...

Hola!
    We sat in the regular handicapped-accessible area (not the dinner package section) w/ our son Jack. I thought the seats were good--he could see everything. We arrived about 30 minutes before the first show and were able to get in and out quickly. Granted, the parks weren't very crowded, but I have heard how nutty it can get, so I was concerned!
    Tess

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

You can also ask them to go up front and they will show you a secret pathway for wheelchairs that you can take Hayden up front close for a better view. Plus you can wait for everyone to get out that way.

Post Thanks / Like

They're wonderful seats, (IMHO), and it's easier to exit when the show is over.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone. I feel much better about the seating now. I'll make my dinner package reservations when they let me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: