Quantcast New Advanced Dining Reservation System & Effects on Booking **Updated 1-14-09**

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Advanced Dining Reservation System & Effects on Booking **Updated 1-14-09**

Message update on 1-14-08

Due to an apparent glitch in the system Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's are still bookable now through June 19, 2009. December 22, 2008 was the last day these locations were bookable 180 days in advance, which has apparently left the booking window 180 days in advance of that date (June 19, 2009).

So:

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's for dates now through June 19, 2009 can be booked now.

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's for dates beyond June 19, 2009 can be booked 90 days* in advance.

All other locations can be booked 90 days* in advance of the the date.

* 90 days in advance of the first day of the trip for up to 10 days, for Disney Owned Resort Guests.

Message update on 12-23-08

It appears that the new reservation system launched effective today with the notable change to the booking window. See below for the official announcement regarding the change:
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World Resort

With the growing pattern of Guests booking their dining, recreation and tour experiences closer to their travel dates as they finalize their vacation itineraries, we will be adjusting the booking window for those experiences to a 90-day period, effective December 23, 2008.

Disney Resort Hotel Guests may book 90 days prior to their scheduled check-in date for the first 10 days of their stay. Day Guests may book 90 days prior to the date they wish to dine.

Due to the unique components and special nuances of Grand Gathering experiences and La Nouba performances, reservations for these offerings can be made up to 180 days in advance.

All existing reservations will be honored as booked.
    An anticipated launch date for the on-line booking abilty has yet to be announced.

Message updated on 12-21-2008

Although there has yet to be an official internal announcement regarding a new launch date, there have been several reports from Dining Reservationists that it is highly doubtful the 12/22 date will be upheld. The strongest reason behind this doubt is that, as of 12/19, training has yet to begin on the new system. Unless training is planned to be forgone, it is highly unlikely that the new system will be launched tomorrow.

Additionally, Dining Reservationsist have reported that the current system is preventing Advanced Dining Reservations from being made for the three non-affected restaurants beyond June 19, 2008. This boundary is currently restricting Guests whose 180 day window has opened for Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's.

It is expected (or hoped at least), that there will be an internal announcement tomorrow with a new launch date, new freeze window information, and a resolution to the current June 19, 2008 reservation boundary.

Message updated on 12-5-2008

Several Dining Reservations have been able to confirm that they have been officially notified that December 22, 2008 is the currently planned date for the launch of the new system and the return of the 180 day window.

Below are the updated details on the booking window freeze:

Effective 10/26/08 - 12/22/08, Advanced Dining Reservations are eligible to be made through March 22, 2009 for all Guests.

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's will continue to operate on a 180 day in advance reservation policy during this period.

Effective 12/22/08, the 180 day booking window with "+10" benefit for on-property Guests is scheduled to be reinstated.

Despite the announcement, rumours are reportedly internally circulating that a further 2 - 3 week delay might be encountered for the new system launch.

Message updated on 10-22-2008

The Walt Disney World Resort has again modified the freeze on Advanced Dining Reservations.

As a result of this announcement the effect on Advanced Dining Reservations is as follows:

Effective 10/26/08-December 2008, Advanced Dining Reservations are eligible to be made through March 22, 2009 for all Guests.

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's will continue to operate on a 180 day in advance reservation policy during this period.

Effective December 2008, the 180 day booking window with "+10" benefit for on-property Guests is scheduled to be reinstated.

Message updated on 08-30-2008

The Walt Disney World Resort has modified the freeze on Advanced Dining Reservations.

Effective 8/30/08-11/20/08, Advanced Dining Reservations are eligible to be made through February 22, 2009 for all Guests.

Effective 11/21/08, the 180 day booking window with "+10" benefit for on-property Guests is scheduled to be reinstated.

Message updated on 07-16-2008

The Walt Disney World resort has made the following announcement regarding enhancements of the new system:
    In the future, Travel Agents and Guests will be able to make dining reservations online at disneyworld.com with this new reservation booking system. The launch date for this enhancement will be announced at a later date.
    Message updated on 07-15-2008

The Walt Disney World resort has confirmed the change-over of the system and mostly confirmed the effects on booking. Below is their announcement to travel agents:
    The Walt Disney World® Resort will release a new reservation booking system for dining, recreation and tour reservations in late October 2008. As a result of the system upgrade, effective July 29 through late October 2008, Guests will be able to book dining reservations up to Jan. 25, 2009 arrivals. In late October, booking processes will return to normal, allowing Guests to book up to 180 days of arrival.
    The reported October 25th date appears to be tentative as the official release did not specify that date.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Message originally posted on 07-14-2008

Subsequent reports have emerged still supporting a change-over of the reservation system, but with some alternative dates and details.

According to current reports, the change-over will occur as follows:

~The 180 day booking window freeze will start July 29, 2008 and end October 25, 2008.

~The "up to 10 day" window for on-site Guests will freeze July 20, 2008 and end October 25, 2008.

~From July 21, 2008 till October 24, 2008 reservations will not be bookable beyond January 25, 2009.

~Starting October 25, 2008 reservations will be bookable for April 29, 2009 and all other dates less than 180 days advance. The 180 day in advance booking window will be reinstated from October 25, 2008 onward.

~Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's will continue to operate on a 180 day in advance reservation policy during these periods.

The purpose of this reservation system change is to reportedly combine Advanced Dining Reservations, Activity Bookings and Tour Bookings into a single reservation system.

These changes have still yet to be confirmed by the Walt Disney World resort nor any of its media agents.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for keeping us updated
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that information. I was going to be able to make ADRs on 10/21 for our April trip. I was really looking forward to that and now I may have to wait until January

I guess it makes sense so people can make their ADRs after the park hours have been released. It's kind of tough to do that 6 months ahead although it certainly helps build the excitement.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting... sounds like some big changes coming. I wonder if they're revamping DDP too.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I wish it would permanantly return to 90 days out. I personally think 180 days is crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I wish it would permanantly return to 90 days out. I personally think 180 days is crazy.
    I agree. 90 days is plenty of time, and it would probably reduce the number of changes they would have to process.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update!
    şoş David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we have to wait to see if it is 90+10 for resort guests. The +10 feature is one that I really hope doesn't go away.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    As a result of this transition, it is reported Disney will be freezing the 180 Day window on July 19, 2008. From July 19, 2008 till October 15, 2008 reservations will not be bookable beyond January 15, 2008.
    Jason, can I assume this should say "not be bookable beyond January 15, 2009"?
    Ian şOş
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ş0ş

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

lockedoutlogic Guest

if true.....i think there are a couple of possibilites at work here:

1. perhaps instituting an across the board penalty for no shows.....drastic by disney standards....but i have to believe the dining plan has caused and upswing in double bookings and non-cancellations

2. adjusting park hours to later in the day.....this could be a tie in the the pleasure island closings and refurbs

3. online dining reservations......which could knock out all but a skeleton staff of the wdwdine personnel at CRO in a swoop....

remember the old Destinationisney rumors (i say rumors....it was official and the plans were in the early stages)....in that plan....along with updated booking and resort operations.....the CRO offices were to be all but shutdown and all necessary check in materials were to be mailed directly to the guest....
    elimination of the dining res system....which is really the most antiquated of call-in reservation systems.....had to be considered....

4. or maybe they are just adding characters and a bibbidi bobbiti boutique to all food locations.....we'll see

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Jason, can I assume this should say "not be bookable beyond January 15, 2009"?
    Yep ... corrected it in the original post.
    Figment! aka Jason şoş
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I agree. 90 days is plenty of time, and it would probably reduce the number of changes they would have to process.
    Exactly. Heck - Disneyland PSs are 60 days out.

I also think they should release park hours 3 months in advance like they do at Disneyland. People freak out so bad when WDW makes any changes to their calendars from month to month. It's inevitable to happen when they are posted 6-7 months in advance. A lot less changes when they wait.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    Exactly. Heck - Disneyland PSs are 60 days out.

I also think they should release park hours 3 months in advance like they do at Disneyland. People freak out so bad when WDW makes any changes to their calendars from month to month. It's inevitable to happen when they are posted 6-7 months in advance. A lot less changes when they wait.

i think one of the side effects of the six month window is that it's so far out.....

people do it and then forget about it for awhile....

as the days grow long.....people start to get antsy and mess with the dining reservations.....really the only thing at disney that you can alter after initial bookings.....

i fear that alot of "circumventing" is the product of boredom.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this becomes a permanent change - 90 days out should be plenty of time to plan out the meals on trip. This will give people planning a more last minute trip a chance to get ADRs and will probably help to alleviate double booking issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Question Potential Changes to the Advanced Dining Reservation System

We are going Jan 11-17. I have been waiting for my 180 mark to set up Chef Mickeys, Princess breakfast, and WCC. What are my chances of getting the princess breakfast at 90 days? That was the one thing DD 7 really wanted to do
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

The original post says that CRT timelines will not change, so you should be able to book that at whatever timelines existed before any of the proposed changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    According to several unconfirmed reports, The Walt Disney World resort will be changing to a new reservation system October 15, 2008.

Between the several reports available, there are a number of conflicting and contradicting points. The information below is based on the points agreeable between the unconfirmed reports:

As a result of this transition, it is reported Disney will be freezing the 180 Day window on July 19, 2008. From July 19, 2008 till October 15, 2008 reservations will not be bookable beyond January 15, 2009.

Starting October 16, 2008 a temporary 90 Day booking window will be effective. This temporary booking window is reported to last approximately one year.

It is further reported that Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria and Albert's will be unaffected by these changes.

At this time, these changes should be regarded as something that may occur.

As soon as the INTERCOT Staff be is able to confirm or deny these changes through the Walt Disney World resort and its media agents, we will update this thread.
    While I am not opposed to this in general (as long as they keepthe +10 for resort guests), but did they have to freeze it on July 19th. I can make mine for January on the 20th. We never really change ours and especially for this trip since we are just doing the MK area for 3 days. Piffle.

Bethie
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
    While I am not opposed to this in general (as long as they keepthe +10 for resort guests), but did they have to freeze it on July 19th. I can make mine for January on the 20th. We never really change ours and especially for this trip since we are just doing the MK area for 3 days. Piffle.

Bethie

disappointing i'm sure.....but you just have to wait another 90 days......your chances will not be affected at all...

also....since it's the summer and i have no desire to concentrate on my work......i've been thinking....

are they...possibly....going to tier the reservation system?

i.e....a certain window for the resort categories?....off properties? conventions and weddings? "concierge"?

i'm interested to see if the system will actually be changed.....or if it's just a software or hardware change....

with all the talk about new fastpasses.....combined with "changes" to the dining system.....something bigger could be afoot....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    disappointing i'm sure.....but you just have to wait another 90 days......your chances will not be affected at all...
    Actually, you just made me think about this. Now I am even more than just disappointed. My 90 days is while I am on vacation on the West Coast. I am sure my DH is going to love that I might get up at 4 to do this, so actually my chances could be affected. Why make an arbitrary date in the middle of the month. Just finish July and start fresh on August 1.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: