Quantcast Does anyone know about the couple who do the Christmas Decor??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know about the couple who do the Christmas Decor??

I heard that either the husband or wife died who do the major decorating at FW on their RV and site, is that true? Are they the same ones who are on the Travel Channel on the Sam Brown Disney Christmas show?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are the same ones on the Travel Channel. The wife passed away. I'm not sure how long ago. I read about them not long ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, unfortunately she did pass away She passed on Christmas Day this past Christmas, 2007. She had been battling cancer for a long time, and would go between here and Michigan (I believe that was their home state).

He decided to stay at the Fort instead of leaving, in fact, I think he's still there now. From what everyone has said, he plans to keep on visiting the Fort long term (although they usually would always go back home for a while).

And yes, they were featured on the Travel Channel, in fact, that video was taken only a couple months before she passed. I'm sure he's going to even go more all out this upcoming Christmas.
    Trips:
    1975 - Present: Disney well over 50 times (I lost count around 30). Most of 1975 - 1993 was spent in Fort Wilderness, with the occasional stay at the Polynesian. Since than, stayed at every resort in Disney except for the Grand Floridian (waiting to get married for that one :) ). Not a massive Disney merchandise fan, but Disney World is my #1 place in the world :) As I'm sure most of you do, I know the place like the back of my hand, every nook and cranny!

Post Thanks / Like

How sad...we were there at Christmas 2007 and yes, their site was VERY decorated. We made a point of driving by (we stay at Ft. Wilderness, too) to see their site because of Samantha Brown's show.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: