Quantcast 2nd trip miss it already!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd trip miss it already!

Hey Everyone!

I'm back from an awesome 8 days at the World. We arrived on June 1st at 11am checked into Pop and away we went. We got to take in the last day of the Flowers Show at Epcot which was cool. My daughter loved the Three Caballeros the first time around so we did it first thing this trip. She also met the 40" requirement this trip so she got on almost every ride including ToT and Haunted Mansion and loved them. Although we both got scared at Dinosaur so ain't going on that one again. LOL. We did all 4 parks, 2 a day and Typhoon Lagoon with a visit to Downtown Disney and Disney Quest. Needless to say alot was experienced. And I did it all with a golf ball size blister on the side of my foot. Don't ask me how cause I was wearing comfortable shoes but the same day we arrived it showed up and I still have it. Anyways, back to my report. We did EMH on each day available so we got to experience rides with very little lines which was great. We did the nap thing in between park hopping which helped with 2 young kids DD's 4 and 6.
    To get more specific about our trip we loved Toy Story Mania, the new Playhouse Disney cast and hated Stitch. This was very tough on my youngest DD since Stitch is one of her favs and was so excited to grow just to be able to get in to the attraction. Once we did do it she was so upset that it didn't live up to her hype. Last trip we stuck with the "kiddie" rides which had no height requirements or ones our 3 year old at the time could do so DH and I didn't do the "older" attractions. This time it was different we could go on almost anything and the ones the kids couldn't get on we did single riders and got to experience them ourselves i.e. EE. The list is too long to mention all of our families favs. but the kids loved Soarin, Test Track, Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, ToT and Haunted Mansion. I was shocked but they were daring and loved them.
    On Day 4 we decided to give in and bought tix to the P&PP. Wow was it worth it! We had such a great time. The girls did the treasure hunt we had NO waits on the rides and we got to see the awesome Parade. It was money well spent that said I don't think I'll do it again. Once was enough for us. Another one time event was the BBB and Royal Banquet Hall. Our girls really wanted to meet the Princesses so we had appts. for hair,nails and makeup and then dinner at Akershus. The look on my girls faces when they met the princesses was priceless and they all commented on how beautiful the girls looked that made them blush and me teary eyed.
    The last event I enjoyed was Star Wars Weekend. That was crazy! The Star Wars Fans are in a league all their own. My husband likes the franchise so I said sure lets go check out the characters and see what's happening. Big mistake you need to come so prepared for the crowds cause it's overwhelming. 5 hour wait for fastpasses at Toy Story Mania, a half and hour wait to get into the Star Wars weekend merchandise store. And don't get me started on the waits for the character meets. The only day we really encountered crowds at any of the parks but it was something not to be missed. We went, we saw and we went back to the resort for a dip in the pool.
    We did 4 character meals same as last time. But this time we did 3 different ones than our first trip. We returned to Play n' Dine for Breakfast. But then we tried Ohana also for breakfast. Liberty Tree Tavern and Akershus for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised my Ohana and Liberty Tree the food was very good. The princess dinner not so much but it was more the chance for my daughters to meet all the princesses than anything else. The only one my lil one didn't meet was Snow White which happens to be her fav. but that just gives us something to look forward to next trip. I was sooo excited to meet Alice. I am a huge Alice fan and missed her last time but this time we caught her right before she left for the night at Epcot.
    Pins was our addiction last trip this time it was Pressed Pennies. We bought the girls a book and let them pick which ever ones the wanted as we went from park to park. A total of 28 now. Oh and of course ornaments and snowglobes for me. I also went on a t-shirt spree. So many cool fitted tees now I bought about 5. But I couldn't help myself. I decided to do smaller snowglobes this time as I really didn't like any of the bigger ones and the only big one I like was sold out in most of the stores I went to.
    The hotel was nice but I actually like ASMovies more. Just me cause my kids and husband really enjoyed Pop. We sampled all the pools but the hippity dippity was our fav. And last but not least the Characters. We met some different ones from last time but not as much in all. We met Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Pinocchio, Jiminey Cricket, Horace and Clarabelle, Handy Manny, Prince Caspian the priates characters and princesses, Mike, Pink rangers and various Star Wars characters. A few more but just can't remember now.
    We had a BLAST and I'm thinking Dec. 2009 for our next trip as my daughters b-day is Dec. 12th and we're planning on maybe doing DVC. I'll keep you posted on that. If I rememher anything else I'll be sure to add it. Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed my report.
    07'* ASM-April 29-May5

08* Pop-June 1-8

09* ASM-May 30-June 6

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

awww sounds like great trip full of lots of awesome "first" and "only" memories!
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly have two brave little girls! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip and did lots of great new things. Thank you for sharing with us, and have fun planning that Dec 2009 trip. That is such a beautiful time to visit WDW.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your fun trip!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Now that the kids can go on the grown-up rides, it certainly changed your trip a bit! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful reporting!! Thanks for sharing!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP