Quantcast A Phillies Thread!!!!!! - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not think I was gonna be able to go to the parade because of work... Well, I just got word from a few co-workers to take the day off and enjoy myself at the parade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never take off for anything and I never miss work, so I think that is why they are letting me go!

Woooohooooo!!! I'm gonna be there!!!!!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go throw up.
    Scar =

Ian =
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am very glad that the Phillies one. They definitely deserve it...
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To paraphrase Queen ---

We are the champions, my friend
    And we kept on fightin' to the end

We are the Champions!
    We are the Champions...of the World!

Post Thanks / Like

"The 0-2 pitch, SWING AND A MISS!!! STRUCK HIM OUT!!! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!!!!!"
    -The Great Harry Kalas

I don't even know how to feel right now. It's 1 in the afternoon the day after and it still hasn't really hit me, I don't think. I just keep saying it aloud to anyone that will listen, "The Phillies won the World Series." Maybe it will feel more real at the parade tomorrow or when I buy my World Series Champions hat and World Series Phillies jersey. Speaking of that, which one should I buy?? Utley? Lidge? Hamels?
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    "The 0-2 pitch, SWING AND A MISS!!! STRUCK HIM OUT!!! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!!!!!"
    -The Great Harry Kalas

I don't even know how to feel right now. It's 1 in the afternoon the day after and it still hasn't really hit me, I don't think. I just keep saying it aloud to anyone that will listen, "The Phillies won the World Series." Maybe it will feel more real at the parade tomorrow or when I buy my World Series Champions hat and World Series Phillies jersey. Speaking of that, which one should I buy?? Utley? Lidge? Hamels?

Ya know its funny you say this! I felt the same way when the Red Sox won the world series after 387767683254 years lol....I couldnt believe it....I bought the bottle opener so now everytime I open a bottle I remember that same statement being screamed across my tv at like 1 in the am while in my living room screaming that they won! lol....Its an amazing feeling isnt it? Almost like you yourself just won the world series! lol As lame as it sounds I was so happy and excited when they won in 05 its just a great feeling. I am so happy for the phillies and their fans congrats again!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    This is an amazing feeling isn't it??? I am still in shock. The team and the fans deserve this more than anything. We've been through so many ups and downs with our home teams and stuck by them through it all...We are FINALLY WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

I would go for the Brad Lidge jersey!!!! He is just an amazing closer, and I wish I seen more people wear his name. You can just see the passion in him that he has for the game of baseball...that last strike out was just emotional, as he dropped to his knees and Ruiz was running towards him..I'll remember that forever. Lidge was such a huge help to get to and win the World Series!!!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for responding Tinkerbells!

I am still in shock...I'm a full time student and I'm supposed to be doing about eight hours of school work right now but I honestly haven't gotten anything done! My wife owns her own business and works from home, and she keeps coming into our office to see how my work is going and I have had about four Phillies articles on the screen every time!

And I was thinking the Lidge jersey would be the one to get too...I've never seen a closer have a year like he's had, ever. Falling to his knees with his arms up, screaming his head off is going to be a sight that I'm never going to forget!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Questions ... anyone know what's going on with these tickets they're supposed to be selling on the Phils' website? I can't find them anywhere.

Also, how about the absolute INSANITY over everything Phillies??? There's no newspapers, no hats, no t-shirts ... it's NUTS!!!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ian,
    I'm in queue to get the tickets now...they're free, and they're on the Phillies main page, bottom left. Click on Citizen's Bank Park or Lincoln Financial Field!
    -Phil-

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, I found them. Curious if anyone was able to get tickets in CBP? I hear season ticket holders got in first, so I assume Christine you got some?

I got four in the Linc. Not sure if I'll use them or not, but I figured better safe than sorry!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, I found them. Curious if anyone was able to get tickets in CBP? I hear season ticket holders got in first, so I assume Christine you got some?

I got four in the Linc. Not sure if I'll use them or not, but I figured better safe than sorry!
    A friend of mine got 4 for CBP. I didn't find out about this until 4pm, and apparently they're gone.

But that's okay. I work in Center City, so I'll just hang out on Broad Street.

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We got two pairs for the Linc! Gonna try to catch the parade by city hall and take the subway down to the sports complex. I can't wait!!!!!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Same here, Maryanne!

Where are your seats at the Linc? We've got two in 128, row 8, seats 7 & 8 and two in 204, row 25, seats 1 & 2!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You know ... this day has been unlike any other I can remember in history. I talked to more strangers today and just had these great conversations with people who are really darn happy.

The stores are mobbed (and I do mean mobbed) with people trying to be a part of this whole thing, buying up Phils gear as fast as it comes in. I was at Modell's today and I swear it looked like Black Friday and Christmas Eve shopping all rolled up into one. The line was over an hour to check out and they didn't even have much merchandise left!!

There wasn't a single, solitary copy of the over 350,000 issues of today's Daily News & Inquirer left after 7AM this morning. They were gone. Completely sold out. It was so bad that both papers are re-printing their entire runs today, so other people can have a chance to get them.

I really don't know what the next 12 months are going to hold for this country. I know we have a lot of problems and a lot of challenges ahead of us, but right here ... right now ... I couldn't care less. And I guarantee you that no one else in the Philadelphia area does either.

The Phillies are World Series champs. The monkey is off our back. And it's amazing ... it's really, really amazing ...

Way to go, Phils!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Oh and by the way ... if anyone has an extra newspaper lying around??
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, Maryanne!

Where are your seats at the Linc? We've got two in 128, row 8, seats 7 & 8 and two in 204, row 25, seats 1 & 2!
    The seats I will be using with my dad are sec 214 row 4 seats 1&2. My fiance and his friend are sec 241, row 11.

Oh and by the way ... if anyone has an extra newspaper lying around??
    I may have an extra. We got one paper at 7am. My fiance was able to pick up 4 of each paper in NJ around 6pm, it was a fresh shipment. So,once all of our close friends and families are covered, if one is left over I'll get it to you.

I walked in and out of Modell's at 8pm tonight. All the merchandise I wanted was gone. I wanted a program and a "Phinally" shirt. When I asked the guy if they would get in any more, he said "no I don't think so, but check ebay, it might be a few hundred bucks." I then told him, "That's ok, I'll get it off MLB.com for the standard price." And that's where I'll be doing all my shopping... It's so crazy.

I have to drop my brother off at the airport at 830, then I'm dropping my car off and taking the subway. I feel so bad that my brother is missing the parade... This is the first championship for us both (he was 2 when the Sixers won). We were at bars on opposite corners last night-myself at Paddywhacks on 2nd and south and he at Downey's at front and south. After I jumped up on the table, we all ran outside. I was outside maybe for 5 seconds when I saw him coming towards me. We grabbed each other in a tight embrace, jumping up and down, screaming "WE WON! WE WON! WE FINALLY WON SOMETHING!" And my eyes definitely starting tearing up. It was such a special moment, I'll never forget. Right after, someone just yelled "WE'RE GOIN TO BROAD STREET!" So we marched down from 2nd to Broad, and once we hit Broad we walked up to Walnut. It was an exhilarating experience.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, you needed to be in South Jersey! I went to my local Shoprite and I got copies of the Inquirer, Daily News and Courier Post on my way to work.

Yes, I have seats at CBP on the first level (section 132). I was lucky that my co-worker (who is also a partial season ticket holder) stopped at my office when he got the email about the tickets for the celebration. No way I am driving there tomorrow though, with 100,000 people in one place. It's PATCO and the Broad Street Subway for me!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

lol...I just had to throw this out there....maybe a little off topic but it fits with what Ian was saying except the opposite...Me and DBF were laughing this morning because in the sports section (We live in the NE/Boston area) on the front page theres a HUGE picture of Matt Cassel with a heading "Before Brady was Brady" and under the picture "Before Cassel was Cassel" covered the whole front page....and at the very bottom in Small Bold print it says "Phillis win the world series" We were like OMG thats ridiculous! lol....But when Boston won the world series they had a new world series headline with HUGE pictures that covere the whole front page for a month straight lol...
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys...I wasn't able to get tickets to one of the stadiums tomorrow...I was too worked up trying to get CBP tickets that I didn't even try to get the ones at the Linc. But I will be on Broad Street tomorrow along with my parents, my brother, my sister, and my wife. We all made the appropriate calls to cover our you know whats tomorrow. "The Phillies won the World Series!" Keep saying it, Phillies fans!!! It's not going to get old!
    -Phil-

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: