I know we have some Phillies fans on these boards and I decided to start a thread celebrating our team, especially after the amazing sweep we just had against Atlanta. I also welcome back and forth with our division rivals as long as it doesn't get TOO out of hand

This team is just downright fun to watch. For once we left April behind with a winning record, and we haven't looked back. Burrell is hot, Utley is on FIRE, Werth is becoming a force to be reckoned with, Coste seems to have significantly picked up on defense and of course his offense is still great, and surprisingly our pitching rotation has been solid (not spectacular but solid) all the way through... not to mention the bullpen!

Looks like Chase Utley is headed towards his 3rd straight All-Star start, and also could be up for the MVP if he continues on this path. The ballpark has an atmosphere reminiscent of 1993, the year I finally went to my first baseball game (won tickets from Inquirer), the Phillies captured my 7 year old heart, and my father realized that he could share sports with his little girl too, not just his son. (it was also the year I was cruely exposed to losing in Philadelphia sports but we won't go there in this thread... this is a happy thread!)

This year we have a 6 pack of tix and have bought many more here and there... we didn't like the options of the 15 game plans, but we will most likely buy one for next year to get playoff options this year, because I just KNOW the Fightins will be there again

Right now my fiancee and I, along with another friend, are making plans to go to D.C. for the series against the Nationals at the end of July and I'm very excited about it. We are going to sightsee during the day and go to the games at night.

So, Phillies fans unite! Maybe we could even meet up at a game sometime!