Quantcast Who Do You Support For Euro 2008?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Do You Support For Euro 2008?

So, who do you all think will win the Euro 2008 in Austria-Switzerland? I figured there's no need to put a poll up (too many teams). People could just say who they support.

I'm hoping for France. If England had qualfied, I definitely would be voting for the 3 Lions, but since they are not, I'm voting for France. I tink they have the talent and hopefully they will have the willpower to win it.

Also, do you think Greece will do well, or do you think that Euro 2004 was a fluke?

"When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My son's girlfrien is from Berlin so our house is rooting for Germany

Post Thanks / Like

I will be supporting Portugal as my surnames of that ancestry

Post Thanks / Like

I say this at every major tournament that it must be time for Spain to get their act together and win. I'm going to say it again but if the Dutch can survive the group of death I fancy them to get their act together and possibly win it.

But don't rule out the Germans.

Post Thanks / Like

ALLEZ LES BLEUS! ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

I think Greece was a fluke in '04, but I'll be cheering for them this year. As long as they're not playing France
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with Italy as that's the only country in Europe that I have been to at this date (unless you count getting lost in the Paris airport). Some decent games this past weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watch the France-Romania match today? It was like watching a train wreck. I cringed throughout the game. And Domenech applauded France's effort. They need to get it together or they'll never make it out of the group stage. Oh well. At least it wasn't a loss, I guess.

I also expected the Netherlands to win against Italy, but never 3-0. van Nistelrooy made the defense look so slow. Not at all the scoreline I expected.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    Anyone watch the France-Romania match today? It was like watching a train wreck. I cringed throughout the game. And Domenech applauded France's effort. They need to get it together or they'll never make it out of the group stage. Oh well. At least it wasn't a loss, I guess.

You're being far too polite. I worked through lunch and left work early to get home for this. The Romanians are seen as dark horses as they did so well in qualifying but both teams were very disappointing. I ended up turning over and watching "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

However the Holland/Italy game more than made up for it. The Dutch 2nd goal was an absolute beauty. As I said earlier this lot can win this tournament if they can keep it together. They have a habit of starting strongly but then fade when the pressure gets tough.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess Italy has their work cut out for them. Everyone keeps saying how old they are (and their 10 years younger than me!). Maybe some bengay and a good nights sleep will turn them around.

Post Thanks / Like

France-Romania was very disappointing, both the result and the actual game.

I wouldn't say Netherlands-Italy made up for it, not for me at least, but it did brighten the evening after the dimal first game. France really has their work cut out for them with the Dutch up next...
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spain looked good last night ..This is shaping up to be a good competition

Post Thanks / Like

Spain looked very sharp against Russia. I expected more form Torres, but Villa was the man yesterday. Russia looked lost for many parts of the game. If Spain continues this run of play, they might even make it to the final.

However, it doesn't look good for Greece. They didn't execute very well yesterday. Unless they continue to kick their opponents just like they did with Ibrahimovic. OUCH!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be able to watch the Greece-Sweden game ater work, so I followed it during work on line. The guy doing the commentary for the soccernet.com gamecast I was following was pretty brutal about Greece. Here's the final comment:

"That is that, and thank goodness Sweden ensured football was the winner tonight. Having a tactical game plan is one thing, sitting in your own half time wasting after only half an hour is criminal. Greece should be ashamed of themselves. There's no place for such explicit negativity in this celebration of football. Well done Sweden, good riddance Greece. See you next time..."
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Portugal looked good yesterday. Ronaldo is playing excellent right now. At least there is some scoring this year. The next round should be pretty exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking set for a Portugal v Germany semi-final in the top half of the draw. Interesting games tomorrow. If France beat Holland and Italy also win then that group gets turned right around.

Post Thanks / Like

So Germany went down today. I didn't get to see it live but it looks like it turned ugly at the end. Any one see it?
    Germany has their work cut out to make it out of the round. They have to take out Austria.

Post Thanks / Like

The Croats played very well and deserved their win. It just didn't go for Germany today and I'm sure everyone here in England was really upset by the result.

Germany should beat Austria and now look set to play Portugal in the quarter final which should be a very interesting game.

As for the shenanigans at the end of the game the Croat made far too much and feigned injury by making out he was hit in the face where he quite plainly wasn't. This is the side of the game that everyone hates and hopefully what goes around will come around.

Post Thanks / Like

Forca Portugal!!
    Off-Site: 1977, 1984, 1988, 1991, 1993, and 2000
    All-Star Sports - 2002

Coronado Springs Resort - July 12-19, 2008
    Pop Century Resort - May 14-21, 2009
    Caribbean Beach Resort - August 15-20, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

brilliant result and well played Croatia

i cant wait for the Holland game tonight and i really hope they thrash the French tonight

Post Thanks / Like

There have been many contenders over recent years:

Brazil V Italy, World Cup Final 1994

England v Nigeria, World Cup 2002

Switzerland v Anyone, World Cup 2006

Liverpool v Chelsea, over and over again 2007/8

But I think that France/Romania match may well have defeated all of them to become the single worst game of football I have ever had the misfortune to sit through.

What a cruelty to inflict on the viewing public!

Still don't know who I'm supporting in this competition - desperately fighting the urge to support the Dutch.

I was considering Croatia but to do so at this juncture would now seem like glory hunting.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it at least this game had a mild "plucky underdog" factor and as such can't possibly be compared to the '94 final or this year's Liverpool Chelsea 0-0 draw, which were frankly games designed to apparently prove anybody who doesn't like football right in every argument they make.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: