Quantcast Just Questions: Can We Make It To The Fourth? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Knock, Knock, Knock (on the computer screen)

So did everyone leave early for the Holiday weekend? Why oh why did I let my wife talk me into watching her store this afternoon? This is the official beginning of our slow period anyway but all four of the high schools in our county have graduation tonight for the seniors and all the younger pups got out of school for the year at 11:30 this morning. That means I have had one person in the store since I arrived at noon today. And now, it appears that all of my JQ buddies have gone home early as well.

(Deep sigh) oh well, I guess I will go back to trying to sleep sitting up while looking like I am actually doing something at the computer just in case someone walks in! So do any of our friends from outside the U.S. celebrate any kind of Memorial Day for fallen soldiers this next Monday?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    We're off to see Indy tonight for Harry's B-Day. Can't wait! Anyone want to come with us? The show is at 6:50.
    I would have if I'd read this sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    That would be cool! I've always wished I could go back in time and be a pioneer/frontier wife.
    Ah yes ! The time when men were men.... and women were men !
    Quote Originally Posted by sorarail View Post
    .....Zoop! Hi All! Long time no post..How ya'll doing?
    Well it's about time you returned ! I missed you !
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Everybody got their engines revved for FRIDAY?
    Yesterday was my Friday. I had to take today off because I have to work next Tuesday !
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    I know Mary will agree with me, but what's a Friday when you work in retail? It would be nice if you could actually have 2 days off in a row!!! After saying that I'm getting a 4 day weekend from May 30-June 2!!! That's because I have my recital on the 31(and I want the day before off to practice, practice, practice) and the builder is coming on June 2 to fix something on the house!!!
    ( Thank you Lordy...... thank you for this gift ! I dedicate this remark to Alex ! )
    Is the builder coming to fix something on your house because you've been doing so much practicing ????????

Bet they didn't have obesity problems back then! Still sounds like a good, simple life. Kept people honest! Too much work to do and too tired after doing all the work to stir up much trouble! yep! Them was the good ole days!
    So are you saying you don't work hard enough ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Yeah, it's at the new resort in the middle of the swamp! I am asking a million dollars for it but for you I would sacrifice and sell it for only $750,000.00! Are you still interested?
    I think I'll pass on that one, because I have a feeling it's not on Disney property. Did you buy it from Drummerboy's Discount Property Management?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sorarail View Post
    .....Zoop! Hi All! Long time no post..How ya'll doing?
    Welcome back, Page! We missed you!

Talk about your tongue smacking your brains out!
    Now there is a phrase I'v never heard before... but boy is it a good one! I'll have to remember it!!

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well. The past 2 weeks at Disney, with a weekend in between for a VERY emotionally and physically DRAINING graduation weekend has left me VERY tired...lol. I will post trip reports in the near future, and will be HAPPY to delve into my last two weeks for you guys once I get back online tonite.

Anyone else enjoying this amazing weather?
    Welcome home!! Looking forward to hearing about what happened at Disney...

Amazing weather?? What amazing weather? You mean the 40 degree rainy, cold, wet, gray blech that's been hanging around my house all week?? That amazing weather???

I can guarantee you that while those times may have been simpler they were definitely harder!! My daughter is in her fourth summer working as an interpreter for the National Park Service at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial here in southern Indiana.
    While the interpreters here don't do characters, they do wear period clothing and operate the farm as it would have been done in the American west in the first two decades of the 1800's.

During the time she has worked there she has learned to do everything from cook over the fire, to spinning wool, to weaving cloth, and even to shearing the sheep, and plowing the fields with a team of horses. Needless to say when it is 95 degrees and 99% humidity and she has to get the team out to plow or mow hay or what ever she comes home and collapses at the end of the day! But she still loves it so much that she wants to make a career out of it!
    Jasper, that is soooo cool... I've often wished I'd had the chance to do something like that. Dan just about laughs himself to death when I tell him I wish I'd lived back in the colonial days, out on the prairies... of course, I grew up with "Little House...", so it's romanticized... but still, all those simple things (and difficult things) were so amazing to me, that folks could live and prosper like that... and yes, could live so simply... I find it amazing. That's so cool your DD does that!

(We're planning to take the girls to Colonial Williamsburg next summer... I CAN'T wait!! )

So - how is Friday treating you all?? Since it is FINALLY sunny outside, I'm going to go out and do a little gardening... the weeds have exploded in all the rain we've had. Wish me luck in the battle!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you know that revving your engine is a waste of gas? Drummerboy Discount everything must be making good money for you to be able to rev up your engine!
    Oh no, no, no, no. We're revving our virtual neutron electro-engines. No gas, no pollution, warp speed.

still think them was the good ole days? I think that there were certain things that may have been better but unfortunately there were bad people around even then!
    And on top of that, they didn't have showers! And somebody always had to empty and clean the chamber pots. eeeeew.

I think I'll pass on that one, because I have a feeling it's not on Disney property. Did you buy it from Drummerboy's Discount Property Management?
    Hey hey. DDPM has only the finest real estate in inventory. Our swamps are pure primordial, guaranteed to contain fossils (all right Pogo, no cracks about them finding me. ).

Greg, Page, good to see you again.

Who's got the picnic goodies?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't you know, when Walt was secretly buying property near Orlando for Walt Disney World he was also buying property in the swamps further south for what he thought would be the first Disney Seas that ended up going in Japan instead? So since they are no longer putting in the Disney Seas project they are selling off the swamps as a super secret, super exclusive DVC property! At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Jasper, that is soooo cool... I've often wished I'd had the chance to do something like that. Dan just about laughs himself to death when I tell him I wish I'd lived back in the colonial days, out on the prairies... of course, I grew up with "Little House...", so it's romanticized... but still, all those simple things (and difficult things) were so amazing to me, that folks could live and prosper like that... and yes, could live so simply... I find it amazing. That's so cool your DD does that!

the weeds have exploded in all the rain we've had. Wish me luck in the battle!!
    She really does love what she is doing. And it is actually fun for me as well because occasionally when I am feeling good enough I will go sit in the cabin with her and work on weaving baskets or spinning wool into thread for her.

Have you ever heard of the back door method for weed control? The back door method is where you come and go from your house by the back door rather than the front door so you don't have to look at the weeds!

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Never smoked it ! Is it any good ?
    Reef, Pogo... Reef. Different word entirely but I like the way you think. It would certainly make Fantasia Gardens more interesting, wouldn't it?

Have you ever heard of the back door method for weed control? The back door method is where you come and go from your house by the back door rather than the front door so you don't have to look at the weeds!
    I'm glad you explained that 'cause it's SO not what I was thinking.

Ok, I'm still not sure we can make it but just in case I booked a room at SSR Dec 11 - 18th. We're wait listed for BC & AKV. There are apparently lots of DVC members coming to Disney that week.

Phone Number Alert: My cell phone passed away the other day. I don't have anyone's phone number anymore. If you guys think of it, send me a PM with your numbers so I can send you texts at 4am when I'm bored.

Post Thanks / Like

( Thank you Lordy...... thank you for this gift ! I dedicate this remark to Alex ! )
    Is the builder coming to fix something on your house because you've been doing so much practicing ????????
    Can I slap Pogo? Smack him on the back of the head like Gibbs does to Dinozzo and McGee on NCIS.

It's was stuff that was wrong with the house when we moved in that still needed to be done on our 30 day list. One person said it could wait until the house settled more--the one year mark--and the customer service rep said it was a bowed stud...and no not from the belly dancing...it was that way when we moved in!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

So - it's pretty busy here - but we've got lots of extra staff, so even though there's tons of pts and babies, tha actual workload isn't bad. And because they brought some folks in for "enhanced pay" (time and 3/4), that means those of us that were OT get it, too! Not bad!
    Hmmm. When we do get overtime (rarely, since I'm salary) its time and a 1/2 - based on a LOWER graded level. Bottom line? The overtime pay is LESS per hour than my normal pay! Work extra time = make less
    Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    How about Coral Reef?
    Yummmmm. I'm game for O'hanas too - which could be nice in the big open seating area.
    Never smoked it ! Is it any good ??
    Pogo - are you trying to ruin your image? (oh wait, thats assuming way too much).

Amazing weather?? What amazing weather? You mean the 40 degree rainy, cold, wet, gray blech that's been hanging around my house all week?? That amazing weather???
    Ditto. And to think a week ago today, it was 97 degrees! Now its 48. I had to turn the heat back on in the house!

Welcome back Di! We missed you!

Pogo - sorry I missed your call - some of us actually had to do some work today! How was the golf?

Today wasn't as bad as I expected (course the boss was gone, so that helped ). I can't say that it will be the same next week.

So how many people are heading to see a movie this weekend? We hope to - not sure which one yet..too many choices!!

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be great.... 'cept we have weeds there, too...

I'm glad you explained that 'cause it's SO not what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Hmmm. When we do get overtime (rarely, since I'm salary) its time and a 1/2 - based on a LOWER graded level. Bottom line? The overtime pay is LESS per hour than my normal pay! Work extra time = make less
    Now that just doesn't seem right! Sounds like something they'd pull around here. Their favorite "hidden" cost saver here? To take the night shift's differential out of your overtime pay, make it it's own separate entity, so you only get time and a half on your base salary, not your base plus your shift differential, which in our thinking, if you are hired for an off-shift, your differential should be considered as part of your complete pay - not a separate pay scale! So every time I work OT or EP or get holiday pay, I lose quite a bit of what I should be making because suddenly I become a base salary person who happens to get night shift differential added on separately, instead of a hired night shift nurse. We've tried to fight it, and are hoping to be able to bring it up the next time the union contract goes up for vote.

Anyway - that's my vent for now... I'm always reminded of it on a holiday or after I work OT...

What's everyone up to tonight? I'm about to put Julia to bed, Emma went down about a half hour ago... time for a little relaxing!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Natazu Guest

What's everyone up to tonight? I'm about to put Julia to bed, Emma went down about a half hour ago... time for a little relaxing!
    I think we're going to see Indiana Jones in the Kingdom of the AARP or whatever it is. Then, maybe some pool or darts and a pint. I'm drinking for two now. Anyone want a milkshake? We've got real bananas!

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo - are you trying to ruin your image? (oh wait, thats assuming way too much).
    I know what you mean about being salary. We get in leiu hours, which use to be straight time, now they're finally giving is time and a half. To get that they complained several years and I think they(managers before me) threatened to take it to a lawyer.

We're drinking the pinot Gris from Oregon that I had in class on Wednesday night. It is really nice!!! As I'm drinking it I thought of Cindy.

Does anyone want to send pixie dust to help me win the lottery? It's only $27 million and we don't have to pay taxes on it. If I won I'd be nice and take a bunch of my JQ family to WDW!!!! Do you think it would help if I bought a ticket?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're going to see Indiana Jones in the Kingdom of the AARP or whatever it is. Then, maybe some pool or darts and a pint. I'm drinking for two now. Anyone want a milkshake? We've got real bananas!
    Are there fake bananas?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be great.... 'cept we have weeds there, too...
    Thats what I was thinking! I guess you just have to keep your eyes closed?
    I think we're going to see Indiana Jones in the Kingdom of the AARP or whatever it is.
    I want to see that one this weekend (along with the rest of the world....)
    I know what you mean about being salary. We get in leiu hours, which use to be straight time, now they're finally giving is time and a half. To get that they complained several years and I think they(managers before me) threatened to take it to a lawyer.
    We get flex time and comp time FIRST (time off in leiu - but still straight one for one hours), THEN after you max out those hours that they allow, you then are ALLOWED to work overtime at less than regular pay. Anybody else see something wrong with this picture?
    We're drinking the pinot Gris from Oregon that I had in class on Wednesday night. It is really nice!!! As I'm drinking it I thought of Cindy.
    Gee, my ears weren't burning or anything!

Post Thanks / Like

We get flex time and comp time FIRST (time off in leiu - but still straight one for one hours), THEN after you max out those hours that they allow, you then are ALLOWED to work overtime at less than regular pay. Anybody else see something wrong with this picture?

Gee, my ears weren't burning or anything!
    Do you need to take it up with the gov't about that and what the labor laws are? Something seems off here!!!

Maybe your ears were muffled by my drinking!!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Hey hey. DDPM has only the finest real estate in inventory. Our swamps are pure primordial, guaranteed to contain fossils (all right Pogo, no cracks about them finding me. )
    Would I do that ????
    Reef, Pogo... Reef. Different word entirely but I like the way you think. It would certainly make Fantasia Gardens more interesting, wouldn't it?
    That's what I was thinking !
    Can I slap Pogo? Smack him on the back of the head like Gibbs does to Dinozzo and McGee on NCIS.

It's was stuff that was wrong with the house when we moved in that still needed to be done on our 30 day list. One person said it could wait until the house settled more--the one year mark--and the customer service rep said it was a bowed stud...and no not from the belly dancing...it was that way when we moved in!!!
    Oh I see............ you're saying your stud (Gilles) bowed it ??????

Pogo - sorry I missed your call - some of us actually had to do some work today! How was the golf?

So how many people are heading to see a movie this weekend? We hope to - not sure which one yet..too many choices!!
    Just checking your mental health status !

With the weather we are having, we are gonna fully open the resort and enjoy life ! No sitting in a movie theatre until next winter or a rainy day.

time for a little relaxing!

Does anyone want to send pixie dust to help me win the lottery? It's only $27 million and we don't have to pay taxes on it. If I won I'd be nice and take a bunch of my JQ family to WDW!!!! Do you think it would help if I bought a ticket?
    Oh what the heck...... here....

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking your mental health status !
    What are you implying??

Today actually was not too bad. Got another job dilemna for ya. Another position - one I have wanted for awhile - with up to 50% travel (which in actuality, I think would be less). Decisions....decisions.....
    Based on current events, this option is looking mighty tempting.....

See - If I had gotten your call, I could of had someone to bounce it off of...

Post Thanks / Like

Carol - whats the name of the wine you had this evening? We may head to the wineries this weekend, as they have an open winery event (only twice a year), where they have complete tours of everything, wine tasting, etc. Sounds like fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I'm away a day and almost didn't find you all!

Greg, I was actually wondering where and how you were today. Glad to see you reporting back in.

T&G, sorry you had a rough week at work. Aren't you glad it's over? Mine was no picnic either... thanks in large part to the people who have been assigned to "help" us on a project.

Sandy, aren't you coming North soon?

Deb, here's some lottery

Glad to see you back, Page. Would you like a nice cup of mangosteen green tea (very yummy)?

What about just flip-flopping the days - doing CP on Saturday am with DHS Saturday eve at DHS, and doing the mini golf on Friday am - with a possible dinner that evening?
    Friday will be our first day down at WDW. We'd pass on mini-golf in that case as I really would prefer to go to a park. How about we flip-flop the evening activities instead?

I'm not sure about the food, but Spoodles has a great big table that would handle a lot of us. Just how big is our party anyway?

We saw Indiana Jones this afternoon. It was GREAT! There are a lot of good movies out right now that DS wants to see: Iron Man, Speed Racer, Prince Caspian. Do you know that I paid $11 for two Cokes today at the movie theatre? I'm so glad I brought out popcorn from home.

Anyone want a milkshake? We've got real bananas!
    As opposed to fake bananas?

I sure wish they'd come out with the December calendar already. With this being the only trip left on my horizon right now, I'm getting to feel the need to start PLANNING.

Bethany is coming over tomorrow to scrapbook but I think I may try to talk her into going to play mini-golf. Would that be mean??
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

pogo Guest

What are you implying??

Today actually was not too bad. Got another job dilemna for ya. Another position - one I have wanted for awhile - with up to 50% travel (which in actuality, I think would be less). Decisions....decisions.....
    Based on current events, this option is looking mighty tempting.....

See - If I had gotten your call, I could of had someone to bounce it off of...
    Do I need to spell it out for you ????

Never...... never..... never take another job because the one you have is driving you crazy.

Both jobs will have the same problems, only different characters.

Only take a job that will give you greater satisfaction.... more pay..... better benefits.... more perks.... and most importantly..... more time with family !

Did this help ???

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: