Quantcast Just Questions: Can We Make It To The Fourth? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Hi all, I figured the new laptop should geert used Sat or Friday am for CP works for us, I'm fairly sure talking DH into Garden Grill may not work for me as the menu doesn't really work for him.
    Okay, it took me quite awhile to figure out that sentence... but I think I finally got it!

We haven't been to the Garden Grill, I don't think... I don't remember it being a character meal, if we had... but it would've been ages ago, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    As for us - we have no confirmed anything yet - so who knows.
    Has everyone else already bought their air tickets before the prices go through the roof from the fuel cost?
    And why not??? It'd be so great to see you!

Yup - bought 'em last week. Now I just need to get my ticket for January before they keep going up...

Who wants to go to work for me tomorrow? I promise I'll take one of your days for you another time!
    Honest?? You've got yourself a deal!

So - it's pretty busy here - but we've got lots of extra staff, so even though there's tons of pts and babies, tha actual workload isn't bad. And because they brought some folks in for "enhanced pay" (time and 3/4), that means those of us that were OT get it, too! Not bad!

So, since you're all probably asleep, I'll keep the fires burning... and I'll have some fresh coffee on for you in the AM. Sleep well, all!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Natazu Guest

Saturday evening: Dinner / may I suggest dinner someplace at EPCOT (but not China or Morocco), how about Garden Grill so we can get a character meal together? That way we can go see IllumiNations together (the holiday version is wonderful).
    How about Coral Reef?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Good morning JQ'ers the coffee is on as well as the hot water for tea and hot chocolate. And of course your choice of juices. Along with sodas of your choice. Some what moved into the new place and have relatives coming down from northern Fla for the weekend.
    There's always coffee and hot water at the ready for those who are in need for the hot or cold kind.
    It's already hitting the 90 degree mark down here can you believe it? I think we should have waited to move in until we had our "weekend again so this way there would be no confusion where the light switch is or where the glasses are and such like that. So Ken have you checked out the new virtual site that just opened yesterday? I didn't see anyone on there at all. I did see that the chat bar was active last night but that was it. I know new game which is in beta testing so a lot of bugs to iron out. Well anyway start time for me today is 7:45 instead of 6. From the sounds of it after the first of next month I'll just be working wipedown on the weekends just I actually wanted to do all along. Let's see how long this guy lasts doing the early morning weekday wipedown. I want to believe he'll tough it out. I'll find out on Sunday what my work week will look like. There will be a change in my weekend off. I'm going from having Wednesday and Thursday off to having Thursday and Friday off. Oh well I can handle that eh?
    Have a magical day folks
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    As I said last night, we're pretty flexible, so this or the flip would work for us.
    Cool........ I had you pictured as a flexible person ! Can you bend down and touch your toes ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    We haven't been to the Garden Grill, I don't think... I don't remember it being a character meal, if we had... but it would've been ages ago, too.
    Garden Grill is one of our favorites ! Girl, you need to try it with the group or with out it. The girls will love the characters and the food is excellent !
    Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    How about Coral Reef?
    Never smoked it ! Is it any good ??

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Well anyway start time for me today is 7:45 instead of 6. From the sounds of it after the first of next month I'll just be working wipedown on the weekends just I actually wanted to do all along. Let's see how long this guy lasts doing the early morning weekday wipedown. I want to believe he'll tough it out. I'll find out on Sunday what my work week will look like. There will be a change in my weekend off. I'm going from having Wednesday and Thursday off to having Thursday and Friday off. Oh well I can handle that eh?
    Have a magical day folks
    Hang in there and keep wiping !

Post Thanks / Like

It's Friday!

Need I say more?

Make it a good one!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Are we ready for the weekend? I know Jasper is. What else is going on?
    You know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about just flip-flopping the days - doing CP on Saturday am with DHS Saturday eve at DHS, and doing the mini golf on Friday am - with a possible dinner that evening?
    That way those that are going to MVMCP on Thursday evening wouldn't have to get up so early to make the first seating at CP. Just a thought.

Its been a rough week at work. Think good thoughts that things go better tomorrow....and next week....
    I'm cool with flipping days....and here's some for your day today.

Hi all, I figured the new laptop should geert used Sat or Friday am for CP works for us, I'm fairly sure talking DH into Garden Grill may not work for me as the menu doesn't really work for him.
    My only concern with GG is that we'd have to be split up.......it might be nice to go somewhere where would could get a huuuuuge table. But hey that's just my

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I'd work for you tomorrow but I'm playing golf.
    Getting practice in for your big JQU tourney?

How about Coral Reef?
    I'd be up for it.......

Thanks! It sounds delicious! And, so many variations too!
    When I first read through it I thought you had to include everything listed in each column....though it might be fun to attempt it!

For today's cookie treat I've got some of Carol's famous bars from her book...I chose graham, peanut butter chips, marshmallows and pecans....sort of a fluffernutter style if you will. We are leaving work early and headed down to the west coast to visit MamaStyles and AdventurelandTikiGirl for the holiday weekend. We're going parasailing tomorrow AM for the first time. Should be interesting!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    So what's for dinner? I'm making a meatball pizza calzone type thing.
    That sounds like my kinda dinner.....Is there any left??
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I don't even think this one will be around long enough for it to make it to my vacation, which, is in only 22 short days!
    Are you taking a holiday soon, Scott?
    Its been a rough week at work. Think good thoughts that things go better tomorrow....and next week....
    I hope things improve for you....
    Hi all
    Howdy Nat! Nice to see you!

It was nice to see you Di!

We're off to see Indy tonight for Harry's B-Day. Can't wait! Anyone want to come with us? The show is at 6:50.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah. And here we are. It's anytown USA and we're starting to pull out the bunting and spruce up the picket fence. Can this yackety crowd keep this thread until July 4th? I love to make a good joke. But we'll try anyway.
    Hmmm.. still waiting for you to make that good joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Di, are you trying to give Ken ideas? If you don't watch out he'll have us all wearing those pioneer dresses.
    That would be cool! I've always wished I could go back in time and be a pioneer/frontier wife. They had a show on called Pioneer House - was pretty neat! Wish I could've been on it!

I was thinking of something more in the harness line.

Did somebody mention potato salad?
    You know Ken.. if you harness the chattiness on this thread maybe you could find a way to turn it into an alternative fuel...

We just brought in this new potato salad at my work place - it's a Loaded Baked Potato Salad. Talk about your tongue smacking your brains out! Want me to buy a tub of it for you?

Heck, I don't even think this one will be around long enough for it to make it to my vacation, which, is in only 22 short days!
    But who's counting -right? You know that this is only 528 hours away.. or just a mere 31,680 minutes or just 1,900,800 seconds... wow! It'll be here before you know it!

Actually the comic is called 'Shoe'* (I believe it was named after a newspaper editor named Shoemaker, who retired to a town near where I am but who died a couple of years ago).* The character in the strip is reading about a sports team called the Possums that does really well at home but "gets killed on the road".* Anybody else think we should bronze that one for Alex?
    Bronze the comic strip or the possum killed on the road?

How about Coral Reef?

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    We are leaving work early and headed down to the west coast to visit MamaStyles and AdventurelandTikiGirl for the holiday weekend. We're going parasailing tomorrow AM for the first time. Should be interesting!
    Be safe! And have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    It was nice to see you Di!

We're off to see Indy tonight for Harry's B-Day. Can't wait! Anyone want to come with us? The show is at 6:50.
    Nice to see you too Jenn! I'll skip seeing Indy.. could never get into those films.. but if you wanna see Prince Caspian (what a HUNK!) you can count me in!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

.....Zoop! Hi All! Long time no post..How ya'll doing?

Life has been quite hectic - work, work, work and now night school. I don't get much time to check in anymore.

I'd work for you tomorrow but I'm playing golf.
    FORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    So - it's pretty busy here - but we've got lots of extra staff, so even though there's tons of pts and babies, tha actual workload isn't bad. And because they brought some folks in for "enhanced pay" (time and 3/4), that means those of us that were OT get it, too! Not bad!
    Extra money is always a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    It's Friday!

Need I say more?:
    I'm doing my Friday dance! Friday, Friday, Friday--AND IT'S A THREE-DAY WEEKEND TOO!
    Any body have any fun things planned?

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    For today's cookie treat I've got some of Carol's famous bars from her book...I chose graham, peanut butter chips, marshmallows and pecans....sort of a fluffernutter style if you will.
    Graham for me, please. One would be quite tasty with my tea.

Count me in...I love Indy!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    That would be cool! I've always wished I could go back in time and be a pioneer/frontier wife. They had a show on called Pioneer House - was pretty neat! Wish I could've been on it!
    I watched that, too. I did an internship during college many years ago at a living history farm - I played an 1850's era farm girl. The acting was fun, but I think I'm glad I live in this time.

We just brought in this new potato salad at my work place - it's a Loaded Baked Potato Salad. Talk about your tongue smacking your brains out! Want me to buy a tub of it for you?

I'll skip seeing Indy.. could never get into those films.. but if you wanna see Prince Caspian (what a HUNK!) you can count me in!
    !!! Just yesterday, my boss told me she'd never heard that saying before. Tongue, etc... I asked her "What planet are you from?" "Ohio" was her response.

DH and I are probably going to go see Caspian this weekend. We love the Narnia stories and I've heard that this interpretation is excellent.

Well, I'd better get back to work. Hope you all have absolutely beautimous weekends!
    Page aka sorarail

Always apply a joyful mind and live with a joyful heart!

FW - May '15 (in our new Airstream!!)
    YCR - November '13
    POR - April '12
    ASM - January '11
    YCR - November '08
    AKL - November '03
    CB - November '01
    Poly - Christmas '98
    Offsite '92
    Offsite '79

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sorarail View Post
    .....Zoop! Hi All! Long time no post..How ya'll doing?

I watched that, too. I did an internship during college many years ago at a living history farm - I played an 1850's era farm girl. The acting was fun, but I think I'm glad I live in this time.

!!! Just yesterday, my boss told me she'd never heard that saying before. Tongue, etc... I asked her "What planet are you from?" "Ohio" was her response.

DH and I are probably going to go see Caspian this weekend. We love the Narnia stories and I've heard that this interpretation is excellent.
    Hi! Welcome back!

I wish there was a living history place that I could work at. I remember visiting Plymouth Plantation as a young girl and I was facinated. Those 'actors' would not break character for anything! I just think that time was so much more simple... yeah, harder I'm sure.. but simpler too!

That's too funny about your boss. I live in Ohio and had actually never heard that saying before either until meeting my husband (whose family is from Kentucky)... it's one of his favorite sayings.

I love the Narnia books also and watch the first movie almost constantly! I'm dying to see Prince Caspian.. just need to find someone to go with me as my husband is not into "fantasy".. hmmm... wonder if there's a way I can 'talk him into' going with me? Any ideas?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jenn, I'd LOVE to go with you guys! What a great bday present for Harry.

Hey Sandy, I'll be coming down your way 3 weeks from today! Can I PM you for your schedule that week before? It'd be great to meet you.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Can this yackety crowd keep this thread until July 4th?
    Ummm, that was just a question guys, not a challenge.

Everybody got their engines revved for FRIDAY?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, that was just a question guys, not a challenge.

I know Mary will agree with me, but what's a Friday when you work in retail? It would be nice if you could actually have 2 days off in a row!!! After saying that I'm getting a 4 day weekend from May 30-June 2!!! That's because I have my recital on the 31(and I want the day before off to practice, practice, practice) and the builder is coming on June 2 to fix something on the house!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Di, are you trying to give Ken ideas? If you don't watch out he'll have us all wearing those pioneer dresses.
    And this time we wouldn't even have to depend Drummerboy's Discount Dress Service because my wife rents these kind of dresses at her costume store!!

Is it unanimous? Do we all agree there's no way this will make it until July 4th? Heck, I don't even think this one will be around long enough for it to make it to my vacation, which, is in only 22 short days!
    Heck, we'll be lucky to make it the 22 days to your vacation!

Have you asked at Home Depot or Lowe's?
    Oh man, I should have thought of that before I let that sentence get through with the word spelled wrong. So, since I used to work for The Home Depot and own a couple shares of their stock do you think we can get our counters there?

but if you wanna see Prince Caspian (what a HUNK!) you can count me in!
    You do know that they used my body and digitally added the other guys head? (If you believe that then I have some prime land in Florida to sell you!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    (If you believe that then I have some prime land in Florida to sell you!)
    You're selling a DVC?!!! How much?!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's at the new resort in the middle of the swamp! I am asking a million dollars for it but for you I would sacrifice and sell it for only $750,000.00! Are you still interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all!

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well. The past 2 weeks at Disney, with a weekend in between for a VERY emotionally and physically DRAINING graduation weekend has left me VERY tired...lol. I will post trip reports in the near future, and will be HAPPY to delve into my last two weeks for you guys once I get back online tonite.

Anyone else enjoying this amazing weather?
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish there was a living history place that I could work at. I remember visiting Plymouth Plantation as a young girl and I was facinated. Those 'actors' would not break character for anything! I just think that time was so much more simple... yeah, harder I'm sure.. but simpler too!
    I can guarantee you that while those times may have been simpler they were definitely harder!! My daughter is in her fourth summer working as an interpreter for the National Park Service at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial here in southern Indiana. (Many people don't realize that Indiana is the place where he grew up. In fact, all of the stories about him learning to read by fire light, taking the books back in the rain, learning to split rails, etc. all happened here in Indiana.)

In addition to a museum they also have a living farm that is located on the site of Lincoln's boyhood farm. While the interpreters here don't do characters, they do wear period clothing and operate the farm as it would have been done in the American west in the first two decades of the 1800's.

During the time she has worked there she has learned to do everything from cook over the fire, to spinning wool, to weaving cloth, and even to shearing the sheep, and plowing the fields with a team of horses. Needless to say when it is 95 degrees and 99% humidity and she has to get the team out to plow or mow hay or what ever she comes home and collapses at the end of the day! But she still loves it so much that she wants to make a career out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Hey all!

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well. The past 2 weeks at Disney, with a weekend in between for a VERY emotionally and physically DRAINING graduation weekend has left me VERY tired...lol. I will post trip reports in the near future, and will be HAPPY to delve into my last two weeks for you guys once I get back online tonite.

Good to hear from you again! Do you also have some good pictures for us?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you know that revving your engine is a waste of gas? Drummerboy Discount everything must be making good money for you to be able to rev up your engine!

After saying that I'm getting a 4 day weekend from May 30-June 2!!! That's because I have my recital on the 31(and I want the day before off to practice, practice, practice) and the builder is coming on June 2 to fix something on the house!!!
    ENjoy your 4 day weekend! Good luck on the recital!

You do know that they used my body and digitally added the other guys head? (If you believe that then I have some prime land in Florida to sell you!)
    Yeah, it's at the new resort in the middle of the swamp! I am asking a million dollars for it but for you I would sacrifice and sell it for only $750,000.00! Are you still interested?
    If Prince Caspian is the butler at said dvc/land/house then I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Hey all!

Welcome back! Looking forward to your trip reports!

I can guarantee you that while those times may have been simpler they were definitely harder!! My daughter is in her fourth summer working as an interpreter for the National Park Service at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial here in southern Indiana. (Many people don't realize that Indiana is the place where he grew up. In fact, all of the stories about him learning to read by fire light, taking the books back in the rain, learning to split rails, etc. all happened here in Indiana.)

In addition to a museum they also have a living farm that is located on the site of Lincoln's boyhood farm. While the interpreters here don't do characters, they do wear period clothing and operate the farm as it would have been done in the American west in the first two decades of the 1800's.

During the time she has worked there she has learned to do everything from cook over the fire, to spinning wool, to weaving cloth, and even to shearing the sheep, and plowing the fields with a team of horses. Needless to say when it is 95 degrees and 99% humidity and she has to get the team out to plow or mow hay or what ever she comes home and collapses at the end of the day! But she still loves it so much that she wants to make a career out of it!
    Bet they didn't have obesity problems back then! Still sounds like a good, simple life. Kept people honest! Too much work to do and too tired after doing all the work to stir up much trouble! yep! Them was the good ole days!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Bet they didn't have obesity problems back then! Still sounds like a good, simple life. Kept people honest! Too much work to do and too tired after doing all the work to stir up much trouble! yep! Them was the good ole days!
    You're probably correct about the obesity thing but when you start reading all the history of that time period you would be absolutely shocked at the number of alcohol fueled incidents that happened back then. And I am not just talking about fist fights but knifings and even murders! There is even one unconfirmed story of Abraham Lincoln witnessing a man get killed during a brawl at a wedding when some folks got themselves tanked up. still think them was the good ole days? I think that there were certain things that may have been better but unfortunately there were bad people around even then!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: