Quantcast Walt Disney World Resort Completes Green Lodging Certification of all Resort Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Walt Disney World Resort Completes Green Lodging Certification of all Resort Hotels

All Disney Hotels Get Green Designation

Orlando Business Journal
    May 16, 2008

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort recently earned the state's Green Lodging designation.

All 23 hotels at Walt Disney World Resort and the company's Vero Beach resort have now been certified as meeting voluntary environmental guidelines.

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection established the Florida Green Lodging Program in 2004. Properties must meet environmental guidelines for hotels and motels to conserve natural resources and prevent pollution. To date, 165 hotel properties across Florida have earned the designation.

Gov. Charlie Crist signed an executive order in July requiring state agencies and departments to hold meetings and conferences only at hotels with Florida Green Lodging Program designation whenever possible.

Disney's BoardWalk Inn was the first hotel in Florida to receive the Green Lodging designation in 2004.

Disney properties installed EnergyStar rated appliances, energy efficient lighting and took other measures to reduce electricity demand. In addition, the resort also implemented a towel and linen reuse program and installed low-flow faucets to reduce water usage.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    [
    Disney properties installed EnergyStar rated appliances, energy efficient lighting and took other measures to reduce electricity demand. In addition, the resort also implemented a towel and linen reuse program and installed low-flow faucets to reduce water usage.
    I'll give a to everything but the low flow faucets....too slow.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

To me this isn't a great step that Disney has taken, it's a great side effect of the corners they have cut to reduce their own bills.

I'm glad it helps the environment, obviously, but it doesn't seem to me like that was their motivation.
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWizard View Post
    To me this isn't a great step that Disney has taken, it's a great side effect of the corners they have cut to reduce their own bills.

I'm glad it helps the environment, obviously, but it doesn't seem to me like that was their motivation.
    You betchya.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

The environmental catch-22, I call it... "C'mon America, you need to use less energy," certain activists demand. Then when a large corporate entity like Disney does so, they get branded with, "evvveeeelllll corporate America... cutting costs because they are always thinking about their bottom line! Tsk, tsk, tsk..."

Remember, Disney was environmentality-conscious even before it was hip (and now legislatively mandated)...

cgriff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: