Quantcast Is it just me? (vmk)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me? (vmk)

But it seems to me that with all of this new stuff coming at us fast & furious it makes it seem that this decision was perhaps unexpected? I mean why would they have designed all these new little goodies if they knew they werent going to be around?! Just a thought.

~Allison
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was unexpected.

When Disney Parks cut their advertising budget for VMK (you'll recall VMK Central closing), the VMK team tried to keep it alive without their Parks check. They went ahead and decided to keep things moving forward with plans to keep VMK around, only to realize it wouldn't be that easy. They did try to make it work.

I have a feeling (my own opinion) that the mess during the last "BIG" quest.. may have made them feel less than appreciated too.. I figure they probably threw their hands up and said forget it.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry "mess"? I must have missed that. This whole thing is just sad!
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

Patricia

I felt kind of bad for the staff regarding how some ppl acted over that quest fiasco. Sure it was frustrating but it hardly merited some of the reactions that were displayed. Its disappointing to see them & the game going but I understand its out of their hands. They've simply done all they could. The staff has been just as amazing as the Kingdom itself. The fact that there is so much (cool) stuff coming out just goes to show how much they put into making the Kingdom the best, most funnest place to be! Im just glad that theyve released it to us instead of holding it back - the old better late than never theory.
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

To compound the problem when Vincent took over for Yavn he didn't understand VMK he is the head of POTCO so he was very unfamiliar with the model of the game. He went forward with that quest not understanding his audience and made it far to difficultfor the average player. Other sources say POTCO is not doing the business that was expected and he thinks closing VMK will drive more players to his game. Another instance showing he doesn't understand VMK or it's players.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe it was very unexpected. Now the big question I have is who is to blame. I mean many are blaming Disney for it but I think some forget that it could have just as easily been Sulake at fault. I have heard many things which I don't know is true but I have heard that the contract was up and Sulake decided not to renew which if that is true then its their fault not Disney's. That to me seems sort of likely also especially judging by the last newsletter I think that more. I mean he mentioned VMK making that VMK Stories which if they were making an add on like that makes me believe it wasn't just meant as a promotion. So whatever the reason whether it is Sulake or Money or both I do believe it was more unexpected then anything.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Sulake is still insisting it was Disney's idea to pull the plug.

VMK was always blatant Advergaming.. that is not an excuse they just came up with. Disney Parks paid the bills till they were done with it.

The new guy (or some other mythical creature) is happy to move everyone over to Pirates or CP. After the big quest and that newsletter screaming.. This is a FREE GAME PEOPLE! I had a feeling we were going to see something happen.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

The upper management of SuLake wants to focus on Habbo Hotel. The VMK staff and hosts were caught in the middle and all lost their jobs. The awful thing is they found out the same day we did.

Disney needed SuLake for VMK and then Pirates to work the online part. When we first got on pirates we saw a lot of people coming in at midnight that we knew were game developers and testers. That would be the time, the SuLake people overseas would come on. Disney has gotten what they needed out of the deal and so did SuLake. Now that Disney has Club Penguin, they have another source for moderators and online gaming talent, and don't need SuLake.

I still believe there really is no Vince. That the head Disney Online guy is Vince and was just in the job as acting.

I have to disagree with the POTC online not doing very well. It has been doing well and the more addons we are getting is keeping the interest of the original players. With the advertising they are doing on TV and such, we are getting more and more players coming in. Its a game that's good for teens and adults where most of the rest are for kids. The hard core players that were in the original beta went over to Burning Seas since they felt that was a more adult game. Well, most of them are coming back now since that game wasn't what they expected.

Post Thanks / Like

I got an e-mail about a new game from Disney called D-gamer. Now what if this is where their really going? Or am I just umm Dreaming?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    After the big quest and that newsletter screaming.. This is a FREE GAME PEOPLE! I had a feeling we were going to see something happen.
    The Big quest was the setup to get everyone to complain since they made it too difficult to complete for most players and then pulled the plug early. They knew exactly what reaction it would receive and use it to strengthen their position to close the game with the higher ups.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    I got an e-mail about a new game from Disney called D-gamer. Now what if this is where their really going? Or am I just umm Dreaming?
    DGamer Thread
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: