Quantcast A Yankee Thread - 2008 Season

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Yankee Thread - 2008 Season

Here we go again Yankee fans.

As Yogi Berra would say - Deja Vu all over again?

What has happened to the offense? Its like they get paralyzed when runners are on the bases!

And poor Phil Hughes - actually I'm glad there's something to explain his poor performance. Hopefully, he'll be back to form after his rest and rehab.

As in the past year, this is intended to be a thread for Yankee fans to commiserate - and discuss the highs and lows of the season. Please keep the anti-Yankee comments to a minimum.

Thanks!

Here's hoping for some warmer weather and no rain!!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just have to say that I was at the game today and had a great time. The Yankees won 8-2 over Seattle.

It was so hot though! I was told it was only 70, but it felt about 20 degrees hotter than that out in the bleachers!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

These past three games have been great. The offense finally seems to be clicking some more. As a big Damon fan I have been very happy the past two days.
    Rasner looked good today. Mussina has really looked good too.

We are usually at quite a few games by this point in the season. Because of my knee surgery we haven't been to The Stadium since Opening Day Part 1 and 2. We have tickets for the first week in June against the Royals. I can't wait to get back!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    We are usually at quite a few games by this point in the season.
    That's funny. I work around 10 blocks from the Stadium and go past it every day, but I've only been to 2 games...one last season and then again yesterday. A coworker of mine has lived in the Bronx for over 20 years and has NEVER been! She says she HAS to go this year for the history of the Stadium.

It's been cool to watch the new Stadium go up. It's sad that the park was decimated, though. I really miss the mature trees that they took out. And I also wish I had more photos of the new stadium under construction.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    That's funny. I work around 10 blocks from the Stadium and go past it every day, but I've only been to 2 games...one last season and then again yesterday.
    We go so much because my husband and I are not only Yankee fans, we have three kids that are too.
    My parents only brought us in once or twice a season growing up. I love to see my kids at games. It is a great family thing for us.
    We are only going to the games we really want to see this year with gas prices though. We drive a Suburban. With gas, parking, tickets, food and stuff for the kids each game it gets really expensive!
    I wish we lived closer, I am jealous!!
    The new Stadium looks awesome. My 10 year old is really upset that the old one has to come down. It really bothers him.
    It must be really neat for you to have been able to watch the new one go up from the ground. We were amazed to see it on Opening Day from where it was the last game we were at last season!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully A-Rod will be back soon to jump start the offense.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Man, last night was quite an embarrassment! I'm going to a game in July and actually wanted to get tix to the Subway Series but now I'm glad it was on my weekend to work and I couldn't go! I hope they can turn it around soon as they actually have a worse record than my favorite team, the Pittsburgh Pirates!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I actually turned the game off last night. I can count on one hand how many times I have turned off a Yankee game.

Something has to start clicking soon. Pitching, hitting, everything!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

The only good news is it's still early in the Season and the have some time to turn it aorund
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The only good news is it's still early in the Season and the have some time to turn it aorund
    From your mouth to their ears!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited! Last night, for some strange reason I can't explain, I was checking around on the Pirates website and checked ticket availability for the Yankees series which has been sold out since they day they went on sale (and I missed it). They released standing-room-only seats earlier in the week and I was checking on availability and pricing for those, thinking DH and I could go to a game and stand. To my delight, I discovered that there WERE some actual seats available in a great location - the 300 level just inside of third base so I got 4 and we're all going! How awesome is this - we get to see the Pirates vs Yankees at PNC on June 26 then travel to NYC to see the Yankees vs A's at Yankee Stadium on July 20! No offense, but I'll be rooting for my Pirates on this one!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

A nice 5 Game Winning streak going too bad Wang had to get hurt right when they really took some big steps forward.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys! Thanks for keeping this thread around!

Its been a while since I have been on intercot. My mom was sick, and unfortunately passed unexpectedly.

As I type this the Yankees have been "hot" winning 7 in a row - and are tied with Cincinnati 1-1.

Highlights in my mind so far:

Joba
    Moose
    A Rod
    Matsui!!!!
    Damon

Am I missing anyone?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

We are heading into the Stadium on Tuesday night for the game. It is the first one we have been to since Opening Day Parts 1&2.

Last nights game was a great one to watch. Joba looks good and I have the game on now to watch Moose. I can't believe how well he is pitching!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

I was at that game - and got rained out! We stayed until they made the announcement that it was a rainout before we left. At least we get to go back on July 10! I feel really bad for all the fans who traveled to the 'Burgh for this game - it might be hard for many to travel back. I'll be sorely disappointed if it rains when we're in NYC next month. Hey Allison, I hope it doesn't rain for you on Tuesday!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Hey Allison, I hope it doesn't rain for you on Tuesday!
    Well, it didn't rain.

But, we lost 3-2.
    Mo allowed the go ahead in the top of the 9th. I have only been to one other game when he has allowed a go ahead run.
    My son looked at me and said "But Mom, that is Mariano Rivera??!!". He's only 8, lol. He is not used to seeing that.
    We still had a great time though. Good seats and a great crowd around us who really got a kick out of my 4 year old daughter.
    I hope you don't get any rain when you are here!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we finally made it to our Yankees - Pirates game, no rainstorms in sight! I'm sorry to all Yankees fans here but I was thrilled the Pirates won (gotta love the home team first!). Being a Yankees fan as well as a Pirates fan, I do have to say that I was disappointed in some of my fellow Pittsburgh fans though in their ant-Yankees chants and such - I know it's all part of the game, but I still don't like it.

I'm hoping for more great weather and Yankees victory for our upcoming game July 20 at Yankee Stadium! I don't know what's wrong with them but I hope the All-Star break fixes it. It's like there's just something missing - no fire or something.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post

I'm hoping for more great weather and Yankees victory for our upcoming game July 20 at Yankee Stadium! I don't know what's wrong with them but I hope the All-Star break fixes it. It's like there's just something missing - no fire or something.
    I am glad you had a good time at your game.

I hope they come around after the All Star break too. They have games where I think they are clicking and then games like last night where they look like they have no drive at all.

Hopefully you are treated to a great game on the 20th!! No matter what, there is nothing like a game at Yankee Stadium.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Murcer family. Such very sad news right after the game ended.

DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:

Post Thanks / Like

A very sad day for baseball I saw him when he did a book signing at the Yogi Berra Museum and he didn't look well at all. I am glad I had a chance to meet him he was truly a special person. He will be missed
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: