Quantcast Review: Hotel Royal Plaza in DD

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Review: Hotel Royal Plaza in DD

I stayed at the Royal Plaza a couple of weeks back and I thought I would share my experience.
    We did not go to the parks on this trip, so I can't speak to the transportation situation.

PROS: Close to DD. It's not a quick walk by any means, but the weather was nice, so it was a pleasant one. I would not want to make that walk in July!
    I found the restaurant at the hotel, the Giraffe Cafe, a very nice deal for breakfast. My kids ate free there, so I just paid for two breakfasts. You could get omelettes made to order, and they had a Mickey waffle maker, so the waffles were fresh! We ate breakfast late both days we were there, and it wasn't very busy.
    The rooms have been recently renovated. We had stayed here a few times prior to the renovation, and I like what they did with the decor.

CON: A big reason (besides the price) we stayed here was the room offered two beds and a pull out couch. But the beds were full size, not queen. Neither my wife or me or especially large people, but we were not comfortable together on this bed! So we reconfigured the sleeping arrangements so it was one adult and one child to a bed. I don't think we would stay here again with all the kids.

If anyone is looking for a nice hotel in the DD area, I think this would fit the bill. It is very clean and I did find a very good rate on an internet discount site. I doubt I would ever be interested in paying anymore for this room than I did, though.
    I hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I'll do my best to answer!
    John/kmo84

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this review, as I have considered staying at the Royal Plaza but could not make the decision. Did you stay in a standard room, or one of the "Premium Tower" rooms? I thought that the premium rooms had queen beds, but I may be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed here for one night in May of 06 and thought it was a beautiful hotel. While I am not sure what type of room we had (we had driven for 11 hours and were checking in at 2am to check out the next morning) we did have two queen beds and a pull out sofa. So I guess having queen beds is an option.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Gardenia- I went back to the hotel website to check. I had one of the "Premier Tower Rooms" According to the site, you have the choice of one king or two "double" beds. I'm sure they probably do have queens in some of the rooms.
    I probably should have looked more closely before I booked it!

Live and learn!
    John/kmo84

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: