Quantcast Just Questions: OK, So We'll Lope Toward Summer. - Page 56

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 1,101 to 1,119 of 1119
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Hey guys! Carol -- your meal sounded terrific. I would have had the Pinot Gris as well (I usually do ) ... Was the pasta sweet for the ravioli? That sounded particularly interesting! I'll have to check out the recipe.....

Flu seems to have left our home -- and yesterday my firstborn turned the big 1-0! He's such a terrific kid!
    The chef said the chocolate ravioli was his creation, but I do have the recipe for the whole meal, so I can send it to you. He put chocolate syrup in with the pasta dough.

Happy Birthday, Harry!!!!!

Where has Alex been hiding? I need to pick on him!!!!

Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    OK..... here's what we have proposed so far.

We need everyone's input.

Friday: Breakfast at CP.

Friday evening: Osbourne Lights

Saturday: 11:00 AM Mini Golf w/ pint to follow.

Saturday evening: Dinner
    ???
    Sounds GREAT! I love the lights idea. You can pencil me in as the dinner executive.......ie. the ADR maker/main contact. I just need to know WHERE you all want to go. Rhonda and Robert are picky...so do you 2 have any specific suggestions? My ideas are 'Ohana or Kona. Anyone else have somewhere they really want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    By very creative, do you think it was a good choice? I think both of them went very well with meal.

The chocolate ravioli was great!! He fried it and then coated it with icing(powdered) sugar.

What's sleeping well?

Okay does this mean I can blame it on you?

Emily and Rhonda, I've added the recipe to the cooking thread.!!
    Thanks Carol! Maybe you should add the chocolate ravioli recipe to that thread too??

Flu seems to have left our home -- and yesterday my firstborn turned the big 1-0! He's such a terrific kid!
    Oh wow - double digits! What did you all do to celebrate?

Congratulations to Deb and Pogo - you two are postin' fools!!! My goal is to reach 1000 before my next trip. Do you think I can do it????
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo, congrats on 5K!! (sorry I missed it... but I got your birthday! )

???
    Okay, here's our input...

We could do bkfst at CP on Friday.

Lights on Friday night - not so much - and don't forget - Pop Warner often "rents out" DHS on the Friday evening they're there, which is our Friday.

mini golf on Saturday w/ pint after - we're in!

dinner Saturday - maybe - would depend on where/when

does that help?

The chocolate ravioli was great!! He fried it and then coated it with icing(powdered) sugar.
    That sounds amazing... not sure how it could've been bad! I'll be watching for that recipe!

Hey Jenn! Glad to hear your home is feeling better -- and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Harry!! Where does the time go???

So, how is Thursday treating everyone? Still cold and rainy here... unbelievable for May. Knowing it's supposed to warm up helps, though!

I'm fighting the fact that I have to go run a few errands... just not in the mood today.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

happy posting milestones to Deb and Pogo. Happy Birthday to Harry.

DW and I are still up in the air about December for various reasons. If we finally get to go, we'll just try to fit in where we can.

Is everybody ready to start packing for the immediate trip? Looks like the old RV needs to crank up again and take us to a new thread soon.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

pogo Guest

Just a quick zoop to say

Happy Birthday Harry !!!!! Somebody else has a birthday coming on the 28th, I think ! Who's is it ????

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping by to drop off some for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    Congratulations to Deb and Pogo - you two are postin' fools!!! My goal is to reach 1000 before my next trip. Do you think I can do it????
    Deb & Pogo (a little late)
    I don't post much so my goal is tojust get to 100 by the end of the year Can I borrow a few posts from anyone?
    82, 87 & 95 off property
    11/99 Contemporary, 1/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas
    2005 DVC Member, 12/05 Old Key West, 9/07 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!! I wasn't able to check in last night as I was playing with my new Wii Fit!!
    Very fun!

It looks like we are starting to get some very good ideas for December.

???
    All sounds good to me. I sure hope that things don't change too much more with the airlines before I get my tickets. After AA said they were charging for EVERY bag it made me a little scared. If airfare is too much, we might have to bag the whole thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    So, how is Thursday treating everyone? Still cold and rainy here... unbelievable for May. Knowing it's supposed to warm up helps, though!
    Rainy here too. Started out with 95 earlier this week, yesterday was windy, and now it's in the 50s and raining. Spring in New Mexico, you never know what you're going to get!

What happens if I can't think of a question?

Have a good day all, I'll check in later!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Is everybody ready to start packing for the immediate trip? Looks like the old RV needs to crank up again and take us to a new thread soon.
    Hmmm.. with the cost of gas these days do you think we should switch to a horse drawn wagon?

Congrats to Deb and Pogo on posting milestones. Happy Birthday to Harry.
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

???
    I can be there for the Breakfast at Crystal Palace.

I can also make it to the Osbourne Lights, as that was the night we were planning on seeing them also. We are going to have a late ADR at California Grill so that should work out fine with me.

I'm not sure about the mini golf on Saturday, but if I can get away I'll try.

Have a good dinner where ever you wind up. I'll be thinking about everyone while at the airport.

Good deal on the Flu and a very Happy Birthday to Harry!

Congrats to both Deb & Pogo on their milestones. Do you think that they can catch up with me?
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

If anybody reads the comic strips and gets "Shoe", you need to see today's strip. Just right for JQ.

Are we ready for Friday? I am. I'm off all next week. No special plans, just goofin'. DW and I needed some uncommited down time.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Harry!

Congrats to Deb and Pogo on your milestones!

Where are we headed Ken?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

If anybody reads the comic strips and gets "Shoe", you need to see today's strip. Just right for JQ.

Are we ready for Friday? I am. I'm off all next week. No special plans, just goofin'. DW and I needed some uncommited down time.
    That's too funny! Thanks for pointing that one out.. it's not in our local paper - I had to search it out on the net (anyone interested I typed in "shoe - the comic strip")... Even the name fits JQ (right Nat? )

I'm always ready for Friday! Hey Ken - since you are off next week why dontcha bring that rv to Ohio and come to the auction I'm putting together at my church. We need a 'celebrity' auctioneer and who wouldn't wanna come from far and wide to see the infamous Drummerboy!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Guess what we have??? Baby cardinals!! We've had cardinals in our yard off and on over the past year, but apparently a mom & dad cardinal decided to build a nest in our honeysuckle vine,
    So if you have baby Cardinals do you also have baby Popes as well? If you lived in a community that seriously is about 95% Roman Catholic like I do you would understand how funny that one is! Believe me when you are a part of something like the Catholic Church you have to maintain a good sense of humor or the barbs from the rest of world would be more than a person could handle.

Glad to hear that the is finally gone and happy birthday to your son! You know, when a child has a milestone birthday like this I think the mother should be recognized as well for all the pain and discomfort she went through on that date!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Morning all!! I wasn't able to check in last night as I was playing with my new Wii Fit!!

Isn't the Wii just the most fun game system to come along in a loooong time? I know that there are some of the games that still need work but because it is such a quantum leap from any other game system we can live with those issues for now. The only bad thing for me is that with all my back problems I have to be careful how I move while playing the Wii!

As for not having a question; whenever you are stumped just ask where Ken has parked the RV and you can always go in and find an extra miscellaneous question in the cupboard!

I'm off all next week.
    And how is this different from your normal disposition?

Seriously though, enjoy your time with your DW!

By the way, have I told y'all how jealous you are making me with all your plans for your December get-together at WDW? I would do anything to be able to go but they have now scheduled my next back surgery for June 23 so December would be a tad early to plan on going to WDW and really enjoying it without having serious family meltdown in one way or another. Not to mention that this will be my fourth major surgery in six months so there is absolutely NO money left anyplace at our house. (Anyone know a good counter fitter?)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Deb and Pogo, on your milestones!

I wore deodorant today (I think). So where is everybody? Anybody besides Sandy and me in mourning over VMK?
    Ben is... I still don't get the logic of them dropping it.

I've decided to do a "treasure hunt" for them the week before we go, and I wrote out all the clues today... 13 rhyming ones that will take them all over the house, the last one ending in our "Magic Kingdom" board game and letting them know we're going. (But not when... so that when they ask, we can say "Next week!!" and let the joyous crazy celebration start!! I think they will be SO excited, and I can't wait!! )
    Wow... and I thought I was a super planner!

The chef said the chocolate ravioli was his creation, but I do have the recipe for the whole meal, so I can send it to you. He put chocolate syrup in with the pasta dough.
    Chocolate ravioli have been around for a while. But more than one person can have a great idea, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Very fun!

All sounds good to me. I sure hope that things don't change too much more with the airlines before I get my tickets. After AA said they were charging for EVERY bag it made me a little scared. If airfare is too much, we might have to bag the whole thing!

Rainy here too. Started out with 95 earlier this week, yesterday was windy, and now it's in the 50s and raining. Spring in New Mexico, you never know what you're going to get!

Have a good day all, I'll check in later!
    Here's our input for planning:

Friday: Breakfast at CP / works for us but if we're going to reserve as a group, it will have to be within the first 40 minutes they are open... which also works for us.

Friday evening: Osborne Lights

Saturday: 11:00 AM Mini Golf w/ pint to follow / could that be a bit earlier?? Like 10:00 am? Also, pints aren't exactly kid-friendly but don't let us hold you back

Saturday evening: Dinner / may I suggest dinner someplace at EPCOT (but not China or Morocco), how about Garden Grill so we can get a character meal together? That way we can go see IllumiNations together (the holiday version is wonderful).

I stopped looking at the fireworks cruises because I was under the impression that people thought they were too $$$. BTW, you don't need to be a GG group to book one. However, GG does have other perks that we might want to look at (like a site for group planning). Question in case someone knows the answer off-hand, are DVC reservations included in the count?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    And how is this different from your normal disposition?
    Come to think of it...

Are we ready to go home now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Wow... and I thought I was a super planner!

Here's our input for planning:

Friday: Breakfast at CP / works for us but if we're going to reserve as a group, it will have to be within the first 40 minutes they are open... which also works for us.

Friday evening: Osborne Lights

Saturday: 11:00 AM Mini Golf w/ pint to follow / could that be a bit earlier?? Like 10:00 am? Also, pints aren't exactly kid-friendly but don't let us hold you back

Saturday evening: Dinner / may I suggest dinner someplace at EPCOT (but not China or Morocco), how about Garden Grill so we can get a character meal together? That way we can go see IllumiNations together (the holiday version is wonderful).

I stopped looking at the fireworks cruises because I was under the impression that people thought they were too $$$. BTW, you don't need to be a GG group to book one. However, GG does have other perks that we might want to look at (like a site for group planning). Question in case someone knows the answer off-hand, are DVC reservations included in the count?
    I can't help myself.... and honestly, I thought it would take me a lot longer to do...

Just adding this back in on the planning front, in case you guys missed my comment on the other page -- and maybe I'm wrong -- but I thought I'd read somewhere that Pop Warner reserves DHS on the Friday night they are at WDW... that would be the Friday night you guys are talking about doing the Osborne lights. Just wanted to put that back out there so you guys could check into it...

As far as the fireworks cruise, I don't remember the $$ quoted... but if people were really up for it, maybe Dan would not do his golfing, as he was going to play the morning we're doing mini-golf and I was going to send the girls on a pirate cruise... but I'm wondering if it might be too young for them now, and maybe we'd be better off just saving the $$ for something more unique like the cruise. So - if a lot of people are interested, we might be as well....

Okay - gotta run -- DD6 has plans for me that include a board game and some candy and some chutes and ladders...

Where'd my question go? Did the dog eat it???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Isn't the Wii just the most fun game system to come along in a loooong time? I know that there are some of the games that still need work but because it is such a quantum leap from any other game system we can live with those issues for now. The only bad thing for me is that with all my back problems I have to be careful how I move while playing the Wii!

As for not having a question; whenever you are stumped just ask where Ken has parked the RV and you can always go in and find an extra miscellaneous question in the cupboard!

By the way, have I told y'all how jealous you are making me with all your plans for your December get-together at WDW? I would do anything to be able to go but they have now scheduled my next back surgery for June 23 so December would be a tad early to plan on going to WDW and really enjoying it without having serious family meltdown in one way or another. Not to mention that this will be my fourth major surgery in six months so there is absolutely NO money left anyplace at our house. (Anyone know a good counter fitter?)
    The Wii is the most fun thing, the boxing just about kills me, plus with DH sitting on the couch yelling "go one more round, go one more round" while I'm sweating and my arms are killing me.

SO, you should just come in December, we'll get you an ECV or wheelchair, get you in the front of all of the lines, etc Remember Disney is the best place on earth even if you're not feeling your best, right?

As far as the fireworks cruise, I don't remember the $$ quoted... but if people were really up for it, maybe Dan would not do his golfing, as he was going to play the morning we're doing mini-golf and I was going to send the girls on a pirate cruise... but I'm wondering if it might be too young for them now, and maybe we'd be better off just saving the $$ for something more unique like the cruise. So - if a lot of people are interested, we might be as well....
    I remember someone posting something about the fireworks cruise and I didn't think it was that expensive if we spilit it between all of us. I would LOVE to do that. Maybe that's a better idea than the osbourne lights on Friday, especially if POP Warner as the studios reserved. What'd you think?
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it...

Are we ready to go home now?
    OK, I guess I deserved that one didn't I? Oh well I suppose a is still better than a any day!!

So what does everyone have planned for the long Memorial Day holiday here in the States? We are actually getting out for our first camping trip of the year!!! In most years we would normally have been out at least 5 or 6 times by now. But this year, with all the surgeries and cold weather we just have not been able to get out before now.

Granted, we are only going to a small campground that is literally 2 miles from the end of my driveway but it is still better than staying at home. And, since gas jumped up to $4.10 a gallon at our local stations today it would be a challenge paying the gas to go much further. In fact, a week or so ago there was an article in the local paper talking about how the State Parks in both Indiana and Kentucky have seen both lower attendance and lower advance reservations due to the high gas prices.

Plus, as of right now the weather is suppose to be sunny with highs from the upper 70's to lower 80's throughout the weekend! It doesn't get much better! It also helps that my 19 year old DS is home from college now and took the camper out for us and will bring it back at the end of the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I'm always ready for Friday! Hey Ken - since you are off next week why dontcha bring that rv to Ohio and come to the auction I'm putting together at my church. We need a 'celebrity' auctioneer and who wouldn't wanna come from far and wide to see the infamous Drummerboy!
    For the mere price of gas to get the RV there and back, I'd be glad to come. Let's see, at 10 mpg for uh, how many miles? Carry the naught...

OK, everybody ready to roll? Got your bags packed, your groceries stocked, your lunches ready, your fireworks safely stowed? Let's pack up the magic RV, (that doesn't take any gas) and head out. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: