Quantcast Just Questions: OK, So We'll Lope Toward Summer.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Questions: OK, So We'll Lope Toward Summer.

I doubt we'll even get close to summer with this one.

Hope everybody made it without major mishap or loss of luggage. Remember, DDA is not responsible for lost items and pay no attention to that stack of suitcases in my garage.

Everybody ready for Monday?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, so I posted this in the other thread, but then it closed, so I'm repeating myself here:

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    It's the Godfather channel here

When you win a national championship with us, you get a Mercedes

Congrats on 5K ladies
    Why do you have so much trouble playing by the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    (Guess no one noticed anything new over here

Have a great day, everyone! We're driving out to the burbs to see my mom for her 84th birthday!
    Congrats on 8,000 posts, Ellen!

And, happy birthday to your Mom!

We visited my dad today. He's doing pretty well since he moved down to assisted living.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

Hope everybody made it without major mishap or loss of luggage. Remember, DDA is not responsible for lost items and pay no attention to that stack of suitcases in my garage.

Ready? Not even close.

Did you know I'm only 9 days away from my DLR trip? I wrote a pre-trip report over in the DLR-Trip Reports section. I linked to it in my signature.

What is everybody planning to do this week? I have errands to run every day after work. At least the week should go by fast! (I'm hoping!)
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, in those suitcases, did you hide my scissors? I was doing a little decorating in the scrapbooking room and all my scissors went missing.

I'm ready for the week. I have tomorrow off!!!! I got quite a bit done today, but not any sewing, oh well, it can wait!!! I'll try tomorrow since I'll be home by myself.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

So where are we? No man's land? I hope that RV can sleep about 20 of us!! I put dibs on the King size bed!!! You know, the one with the big window with the view of the.....lake????

The wind is picking up, and the temp is definitely dropping. Sure glad we got the Brats off the grill before the cold front moved in. Supposed to rain tomorrow (and most likely the rest of the week).
    Anyone got anything good going on this week??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post

So..... I've got my luggage.... but where are we?? I'm not even sure if I packed the right stuff....

.... and about all those suitcases.... do you have any that are making any noise???

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    We visited my dad today. He's doing pretty well since he moved down to assisted living.
    Glad to hear he's adjusting well.... I would imagine that's a tough move, even in the best of circumstances. I always thought my mom would do well moving into a place like that, with more going on, etc..... she doesn't need the assisted living portion yet, but it'd be there if and when she did.... but I'm seeing by her response to the rehab facility that it's just not for her, at least not yet. She's getting a little stir-crazy there, and it's only been 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Did you know I'm only 9 days away from my DLR trip? I wrote a pre-trip report over in the DLR-Trip Reports section. I linked to it in my signature.
    Wow!! Only 9 days... you must be so excited!! Can't believe the time went by so fast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    So where are we? No man's land? I hope that RV can sleep about 20 of us!! I put dibs on the King size bed!!! You know, the one with the big window with the view of the.....lake????

Now, how did you get the king bed AND the view??? Sigh... I'll just take the one with the view out the OTHER window....

This week is Spring Break for us, so we'll be doing lots of local stuff.... well, tomorrow is just my "sleep and pray the girls enjoy the day of computers and videos" they get for letting me rest.... then the rest of the week, we'll be visiting a children's museum, our M.O.S.T museum (it has a bunch of cool new exhibits, caves and rock climbing, etc. ) and we've got friends coming out to visit... maybe a movie day at the mall and a little shopping... and it's supposed to be 70 on Thursday, so you bet we'll be at the park!! yeah!!

Julia's best friend at school called her from the airport on Saturday... her parent's had surprised her and her sister with a trip to Disney!! She was so excited!! I thought it was cool she just had to call Julia and tell her.... and I was proud of my DD's, that they didn't come running to us and ask why we weren't going!! We're trying to stay "hush hush" about the December trip and see if we can maintain any element of surprise for it....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Glad to hear he is doing well. Is he close by to where you live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    This week is Spring Break for us, so we'll be doing lots of local stuff.... well, tomorrow is just my "sleep and pray the girls enjoy the day of computers and videos" they get for letting me rest.... then the rest of the week, we'll be visiting a children's museum, our M.O.S.T museum (it has a bunch of cool new exhibits, caves and rock climbing, etc. ) and we've got friends coming out to visit... maybe a movie day at the mall and a little shopping... and it's supposed to be 70 on Thursday, so you bet we'll be at the park!! yeah!!
    Hi Blythe! Nice that you can stop in! Sounds like you have a fun week coming up! I wish I had a week just to play right now!

Well tonight I realized that my middle one is definitely a teen. I went up to get her for dinner, and she had headphones on, listening to music. I told her it was time for dinner, and like a normal teen, she said " I heard you, I'm not deaf!". (For those of you that remember, yes, actually she IS deaf - but obvious hears pretty well with her implant!). I had to laugh - I hadn't the heart to say, "um, yes, you are". Sometime I even forget..

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blythe! Nice that you can stop in! Sounds like you have a fun week coming up! I wish I had a week just to play right now!

Well tonight I realized that my middle one is definitely a teen. I went up to get her for dinner, and she had headphones on, listening to music. I told her it was time for dinner, and like a normal teen, she said " I heard you, I'm not deaf!". (For those of you that remember, yes, actually she IS deaf - but obvious hears pretty well with her implant!). I had to laugh - I hadn't the heart to say, "um, yes, you are". Sometime I even forget..
    Cindy, that is too funny.... gotta love the comments you get!! (and esp. when they're only 6 yrs old... Emma's tried a few like that!!)

Feels funny to be on here with you this late at night.... it's been ages!! Things aren't too bad here in babyland, although I'm about to go back and do a c-section. You're probably getting ready to tuck in... hope you have a good night!!

In case I'm not back on afterwards -- anyone want me to set up some coffee for the morning??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay Caroleh some how your scissors found their way into one of my suitcases. I'm glad I checked this am to see where we were in the thread. Because I almost got stuck in the undercarriage again. So Ken where are we and why did you make it feel so chilly in here?
    Oh wait the temp outside dropped that's why the windows fogged up. Now where did the dog go Ken?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to all my JQ buddies!

Blythe sounds like she has great plans for the week, so does Mikee. Anyone else want to tell their plans?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

No special plans like Blythe. Or Carol for that matter. Rhonda that's good news about your Dad.

T & G..that stroy about your DD was pretty funny. Not to mention the one about the shorts and boots as well.

Did we start the coffee? I sure hope so.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

pogo Guest

What is everybody planning to do this week? I have errands to run every day after work. At least the week should go by fast! (I'm hoping!)
    Have fun at DLR.

We don't have much planned this week except to drive 845 miles south to have lunch with the World Famous Drummerboy and his DW next Saturday ! Other than that it will be a hum drum kind of week ! What do you think of that ????
    I put dibs on the King size bed!!! You know, the one with the big window with the view of the.....lake????

Good for you.... I call penthouse ! That's right.... Patti and I have the penthouse reserved !

See above.
    Sounds like a good week. to Julia and Emma...... hope they let you sleep !
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Good Morning to all my JQ buddies!

Blythe sounds like she has great plans for the week, so does Mikee. Anyone else want to tell their plans?
    Going to meet Drummerboy and DW.

I posted a pre-trip report in "Vacations Beyond Disney". Read it here.

See you all later.... busy day today !

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all... I'm still feeling icky. Went back to the doct on Friday and found out that the force of my coughing caused me to develop hemoragging (spelling?) in my eyes. He gave a medical term for it.. but ultimately it is bleeding in my eyes... thus explains the red bloody look. They look yellow cause that's where the body is trying to absorb back the blood. They are looking a bit better today, still hurt by light and the whiteness of the computer screen so not sure how often I'll be on here.
    I've tried to skim over past posts... but didn't retain much... I know someone (Gregg maybe?) was auditioning at Disney so good luck to him... a few of you are traveling so safe travels.. a few of you hit posting milestones so congrats on those (Jenn, Carol and Ellen maybe?)...someone's daughter was taking a test maybe? so good luck to her... and to any who are sick.. get well wishes... and did I see a post with Alex whining about how much work work is? All I can say there is what kind of cheese would you like with that whine?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' folks! These legs were made for loping, so I'm sure I'm in the right place!

I'm still laughing at T&G's story. Don't you love it when your special child does something so absolutely typical, that it isn't an annoying trait in him/her?

Di -- I hope you get straightened away soon. You want to be 100% when the good weather arrives once and for all!

Speaking of icky -- I'm home with fever boy today. Euan developed one at dinnertime yesterday, and it still hasn't broken -- but I am doing the double dosing (Tylenol and Advil) and it's keeping it under control. Harry was also up during the night feeling off -- but he told me he was all right this morning. I had let him sleep in, and I took him to school a little late.

I read your Pre-trip Bethany..... I'm looking forward to your full reports!

Alex -- I'm excited for you and the boys! I hope you have a terrific time!

What's everyone else up to?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Morning and Happy Monday! I've got several batches cookies coming out of the oven here in the dining hall. Would anyone care for some?

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be going to DLR for the first time next June - it's actually going to be the last 5 days of my honeymoon (saving the best for last ) -so I'm going to need tips! So is the Candy Cane Inn really made out of candy canes?

We're trying to stay "hush hush" about the December trip and see if we can maintain any element of surprise for it....
    I hope you can hold out and surprise them!!! Sounds like you have a nice week ahead of you.

I told her it was time for dinner, and like a normal teen, she said " I heard you, I'm not deaf!". (For those of you that remember, yes, actually she IS deaf - but obvious hears pretty well with her implant!). I had to laugh - I hadn't the heart to say, "um, yes, you are". Sometime I even forget..

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    We don't have much planned this week except to drive 845 miles south to have lunch with the World Famous Drummerboy and his DW next Saturday ! Other than that it will be a hum drum kind of week ! What do you think of that ????
    I can sense your excitement....sounds like it will be a real adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I've tried to skim over past posts... but didn't retain much...
    You actually got the gist of everything...nice job and welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    What's everyone else up to?
    Not too much...got all my morning "work" done, I have a meeting at 10. It's sunny this morning, there wasn't any traffic so .... so far Monday is well!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you excited???

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post

Going to meet Drummerboy and DW.

I posted a pre-trip report in "Vacations Beyond Disney". Read it here.

See you all later.... busy day today !
    Can I hitch a ride? I need to get the heck out of Geneseo. Only a month and a half left of the school year!

Ok, I'm off to maybe do some work today (or just go read Bethany's, Pogo's and Figaro's pre-trips...)
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Di, I hope you fell better soon. Here's some for you to get better soon.

I've been doing good at doing some of the jobs I need to get done. I'm already on the 3rd thing on my list, but after doing the first thing on my list I think I need to get a new DH. Since we bought the house we have a provincial warranty, our first thing we have to do is send in a form with things that need to be done within the first 30 days. I've been after him to get this done since before the end of March, he handed me the form last night to do today. What is the first thing it says on the top of this form? This form must be completed and summited before the first 30 days of posssession..which would of been April 3. I ran to the store and faxed it off. I sure hope that our warranty isn't null and void. I hate being a nag, but sometime with him I guess I have to be bigger nag. No comments Pogo!!! I'm a little miffed at Gilles at this point. I called him up and told him about it and he says to me, "Well the form was in my briefcase. You could of gotten it and done it." Yep, the locked briefcase that I don't touch and didn't know where it was at. Okay, I'm doing all the unpacking and now I was suppose to do that to. I didn't know I was the only one living here. Sorry, I'm really upset and needed to vent.

Have great trips, Bethany, Mikki and Pogo!!!

Did I have a question somewhere in there?

I'm off to my sewing machine and playing some music really loud to get this out of my system!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    Morning and Happy Monday! I've got several batches cookies coming out of the oven here in the dining hall. Would anyone care for some?
    Did I hear cookies? I'm there!

Di, that sounds painful! Much more on the way for you.

Hope everyone's Monday is going well so far. (We're at 60 days in our countdown, in case anyone besides me is counting.)
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Speaking of icky -- I'm home with fever boy today. Euan developed one at dinnertime yesterday, and it still hasn't broken -- but I am doing the double dosing (Tylenol and Advil) and it's keeping it under control. Harry was also up during the night feeling off -- but he told me he was all right this morning. I had let him sleep in, and I took him to school a little late.
    Euan..... hope you feel better soon !
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Hey all... I'm still feeling icky. Went back to the doct on Friday and found out that the force of my coughing caused me to develop hemoragging (spelling?) in my eyes. He gave a medical term for it.. but ultimately it is bleeding in my eyes... thus explains the red bloody look. They look yellow cause that's where the body is trying to absorb back the blood. They are looking a bit better today, still hurt by light and the whiteness of the computer screen so not sure how often I'll be on here.
    I've tried to skim over past posts... but didn't retain much... I know someone (Gregg maybe?) was auditioning at Disney so good luck to him... a few of you are traveling so safe travels.. a few of you hit posting milestones so congrats on those (Jenn, Carol and Ellen maybe?)...someone's daughter was taking a test maybe? so good luck to her... and to any who are sick.. get well wishes... and did I see a post with Alex whining about how much work work is? All I can say there is what kind of cheese would you like with that whine?
    Hey Diane..... Does that make you feel better ????

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Can I hitch a ride? I need to get the heck out of Geneseo. Only a month and a half left of the school year!
    Sure can.... we'll be going by the exit at around 8:00 AM Thursday..... want me to pick you up ?? ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I have been AWOL for a while. Anyone miss me, I hope?

Some major things going on and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

First off I've been sick, very sick, as of yesterday it's been 4 weeks with this cold or what ever it is. I'm on antibotics and everything else that you can imagine. I'm finally feeling better, my ear is another story, it's still plugged up. And I'm flying in less than a week. Oh joy!

Having some issues at home as well, but it really seems they aren't really issues when you think about it. They just don't compare to other problems.

Another dealer here at the store died and it's hitting me hard. We don't know a lot of the details, other than they were coming home from Florida. He died quickly, either of a heart attack or an aneurysm. He was a great guy, always had a smile on his face, never complaining about anything. He was young too, we think about 58 or 59. It's just not fair. So I sit here at my desk thinking about him and crying.

Hope everyone is well and give your love ones a big ole

Sorry to be a big downer, but it helps writing about it.

Have a good Monday everyone!
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: