Quantcast Virtual Family Kingdom? - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No i wouldn't want them to be Disney. My point is that we won't have VMK and thats sad. And VFK can't even begin to compare and could never replace my favorite VMK....
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually we are all just migrating there so we can all stay together as group. Now how this will work out I can't say. I know it won't have the same Magical feel as VMK but atleast we can still get together have fun and keep in touch. I know we have Intercot but there is something to be said about interacting in a safe environment in real time.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I signed up for this one too. As Majolica.

Not that I'm on anything very much, but I do keep track of you all.
    Former VMK nic : majolica
    Native Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually if you belive the numbers VFK has 22,500 people registered for beta.

So let's see if Disney charged $6 a month for VMK they would bring in $135,000 per month or $1.62 million per year. This is just counting the people who signed up for beta.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayndi View Post
    ....but I do keep track of you all.
    Stop, you're creepin' me out here!
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkRocks View Post
    Anybody want some fava beans and a nice chianti? F-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f....
    Stop!! You're creepin' me out here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    She does have great hair.
    Ohhh, I thought you meant the Ring girl... to which I would've responded... "Stop!!! You're creepin' me out here!!!"

Ricks (who, then again, recalls that as a kid he thought Morticia Addams was pretty hot... sorry, but the heart knows what it wants)
    Zut alors! I have missed one!

Post Thanks / Like

tricks I was thinking along the lines of the Adams Family. But I think the hair style is very much like that from the time frame they have chosen to show case first. I do hope there are more hair styles to come. lololol
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    I just got a hold of Queen, she's going to sign up her and BrerFan. Nachocat said she signed up. Left messages for DisneyDreamin and SparkleMeTink, and going to talk to Varcity. Need to find Fluffies.
    I got it, and I signed up as well although I don't rmemeber WHICH email I used & I didn't sign up with my VMK nn. I will see you all there
    Audi/fluffies: Cute but Psycho.
    VMK: fluffies

From up north, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody want some fava beans and a nice chianti? F-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f....
    Gosh.. I love to use that line when I have company for dinner.

Muahahahaha
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

Gosh.. I love to use that line when I have company for dinner.

Muahahahaha
    What's fava beans? and that other stuff.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    What's fava beans? and that other stuff.
    Fava beans are a broad bean.

Chianti (key-AHN-tee) is a red wine.. named after the Tuscany region in Italy where it's produced. (Lady and the Tramp had a Chianti bottle, holding a candle, on the table in their famous restaurant scene.)

The line we are referring to (only partially used here) comes from Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gotcha
    and ya I've seen both movies.

Post Thanks / Like

The VFK Site was updated today:

May 13th, 2008

We've got a lot of exciting news to share with you this week.
    • As you have noticed, we have upgraded our web site!
    • We have a new video trailer highlighting upcoming features which you can find above.
    • We liked the music, "A New World", which we used in our first trailer so much that we used it again in this one.
    • We wanted to share with you some of the behind the scenes activities that go into creating the exciting new features we will be adding to the Wild West land. To see this special sneak peek, you can visit our Wild West story board.
    • We are highlighting our Medieval lands, and these will be previewed in our next alpha test.
    • We have included our new VFK constitution, which you will find on the right, outlining our values.
    • We are really pleased to be introducing a new land, in conjunction with the help of our friends in Australia, which is planned to open on June 20th.
    • We are in the process of approving pre-registration character names, so watch your email for confirmation of your character name.
    • You can visit the previous Virtual Family Kingdom alpha test by visiting this page.

--- Second Alpha Preview will be released tomorrow.

--- Lands Included in First Release: Medieval, Colonial, Wild West, and Victorian.
    --- Upcoming Lands: Australia (June 20th)

--- There will be a Chat Dictionary
    --- Trading for Furniture, Clothes, Pins, Charms, and Limited Release Items
    --- Games will include: Space Pirates, Fourth of July Game, Audubon's Outdoor Adventure, Paul Revere's Midnight Ride, Wild West Ghost Town, Checkers, Bridge, and more
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! There are a pile of additions to the info they have. This is very ambitious...I am surprised that they are releasing so much in just a short period of time. I expected at most, limited items and one or two lands during the beta phase.

By using the menu on the left, I found a lot more content than was listed above. Unfortunately, it cannot be copied and pasted, so you will need to see for yourself.
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

The new Alpha Preview is out and they released a new newsletter

A Word From Sara

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to our second newsletter!! With only a short time left before the official beta launch we wanted to kick off this week with a brand new website design and alpha preview! That means new areas for you to explore on the home page, including info about the upcoming lands, games, and contests. Plus get a head start for May 22nd by checking out the behavior and conduct rules for VFK which you can read here in the VFK Constitution!

Get your exploring gear together and grab your sneakers, because there are lots of new historic areas for Alpha Girl to explore and it's going to take a lot of walking to see everything in the medieval city!
    Here's Alpha Girl to tell you about her Alpha Walkabout.

I've been working in my garden today, I love plants and flowers! I'm glad my garden has lots of both! The pink flowering trees in the garden are cherry trees which were popular in Colonial America. I have to say, just staying here in my room all the time can get a little boring. So today, I'm off on a medieval walkabout. With so much walking to do, I've put on my favorite jeans, sneakers and VFK T-shirt, because what can I say? I ROCK!

I love medieval times and I can't wait to explore Celliwig the medieval city which is part of Camelot. Perhaps I'll even get to explore part of the castle at Camelot! In medieval times, cities and villages typically sprung up near castles or large homes called Manors. A medieval city was a busy place, where people lived, and sold all kinds of goods. It was also a place where people could buy fruit and vegetables grown on nearby farms from farmers who set up market stands.

There are a lot of exciting tales and legends surrounding the history of King Arthur, Queen Guinevere and Camelot and a Magician named Merlin. Merlin was an advisor to King Arthur who aided Arthur on his quests and helped him gain the sword Excalibur. Legend says Merlin could shapeshift, conjure spells and see the past and future. Some say Merlin could travel though time, while others think he aged backwards.

Stonehenge is an ancient circle of large stones just outside of Salisbury in England. No one knows who built the stone circle, or why. There are many stories about who built Stonehenge. Some think the druids built it for special ceremonies, but my favorite legend is about a magical stone circle which Merlin, a Giant and Uther Pendragon (King Arthur's father) moved from Mount Killaraus in Ireland to Salisbury field in England. The stone circle was thought to be built of magical healing stones by giants who brought the stones from Africa.

A king named Aurelius Ambrosias wanted to build a monument to remember the nobles who had died in a battle at Salisbury. When Aurelius told Merlin his plans, Merlin recommended �The Giant's Dance,� a magical circle of stones in Ireland. Uther Pendragon and 15,000 knights, and a giant tried to move the stones. They tried for several days to move the rocks but couldn't. Then Merlin using his mysterious powers easily moved the stones to Salisbury where they were dedicated. Now, there is a place I would love to explore! I wonder if I will find Stonehenge or King Arthur's roundtable on my adventures.

I can move my furni now but I'm still waiting for Alpha Boy to help me rotate it! I was just thinking, how much pizza can Alpha Boy eat? Alpha Boy is coming to help me explore our new world this weekend, I can hardly wait! I'll have so many things to show him and so much furni to arrange.

Well, I've got to get going! There's a lot of exploring to do, so let's get this party started!!

Alpha Girl Out
    It is actually pretty cool you can move the furniture in your house and explore the Medieval land by going near the entrances only problem is there isn't a specific place to click so you have to go close to the edge to leave the rooms. But once you figure it out its pretty neat.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy that they're trying so hard, they're trying to squeeze in a lot of additions into the game before Beta, and that's great. They're very creative and with the closure of VMK they'll have lots of players.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there is a ton more information if you actually take a look on the site. I just don't have the time to type everything word for word and honestly don't really want to...

They have added at least 10 new rooms to the alpha testing. Very cool
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

So when do we start getting confirmations via email? It's getting close to the big day, and haven't seen/recieved anything.
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

They have updated the alpha test to include a sound test. It doesn't start until around the third or fourth room.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

May 15th, 2008

I was having so much fun exploring Celliwig that I almost forgot my favorite part, Stonehenge! And you won't believe how big it is in person! It's just the place for a BIG PARTY. I think over 200 of my best friends and I could totally "rock" there! I know where I'll be dancing, on the top of one of those 24 foot high trilithons! I also noticed that one of the latest medieval tunes is playing in downtown Celliwig, now if I could only remember its name. Oh by the way, if you haven't seen Stonehenge yet, just take a left at the castle gate, you can't miss it! Can't wait to see you there at the first big party!
    Stonehedge is huge, I believe them when they say it will fit 200 people.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    Stonehedge is huge, I believe them when they say it will fit 200 people.
    Wow after looking at it I agree it does look big enough.

But the real question is could they get 200 people into one room with out the entire game crashing?
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: