Quantcast Let the Puck Drop! Official NHL Playoff Thread

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Let the Puck Drop! Official NHL Playoff Thread

I am sitting here at work hours before the drop of the puck and the excitement is starting to brew. Nothing in the World is better than playoff hockey. Can't wait to arrive at the Rock to take it all in for me this is the true first day of Spring

Let's Go Devils!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

JPL! Here we go again!

May the best team win! Of course, that would be the Rangers! (Ha JPL, I'm just playing with you!)

I have a feeling this will be a very long, stressful series.

Baseball doesn't even come into my radar screen for another two months because playoff hockey is the best!
    DisneyRoe <3

Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Fall '04 - Space Mountain Operations

Disney PR Professional Intern
    Spring 2008 - Celebration, FL

DVC Spring '08

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen-- and it all starts with a wish!"

Post Thanks / Like

I too am looking forward to the playoff games starting. My husband is in Minnesota and gets to go see the Wild play tonight thanks to Rolston. Wish I was there. Guess I'll have to catch that on TV tonight.

I'll be watching the Predators play the Red Wings on TV tomorrow night.

GO PREDATORS!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rangers in 6

Lunquist was pretty excellent last night-
    Rangers in 6
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Lunquist did play well last night unfortunately for the Devils 2 mistakes cost them the game before the mistakes it was a very evenly played game despite what the score showed. I still think this is going 7 Games and it's anyone's series. I predict a big bounce back response tomorrow night from the Devs.

Let's Go Devils!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

UM.....

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!

WOO HOO, that was quite a game. Johan is on fire!!

JPL, sorry about the Devils. I have to admit I can't stand the Devils as a whole team, but I absolutely LOVE Marty Brodeur, he is the ultimate professional and one of the best ever!! I felt bad watching him let that weak goal in...he'll do better, that's always guaranteed.

Was so glad to see the Ducks (or Dorks) get it handed to them...even if I'm not a huge fan of Dallas, watching any team making Pronger squirm is a bonus!

Bring on game 2!!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rangers in 6

I agree - i am worried about the Devils bouncing back- they are too good not to.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    I agree - i am worried about the Devils bouncing back- they are too good not to.
    Just noticing your location, I used to live in Sayreville, on Karcher street...what a small world!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Go Habs Go!

Montreal Canadiens in 5 against Boston

We won our first game last night... and we'll make it 2 tomorrow

Proud Walt Disney birthday sharer
    Proud WDC Shareholder

June 1987 Offsite Hotel
    December 1990 Offsite Campground
    December 1992 Offsite Campground
    December 1996 Offsite Campground
    September 2002 FW Campground
    September 2005 FW Campground
    Next?? April 21-28 2008 FW Campground

Post Thanks / Like

I was sweating it thru the 2nd, but how 'bout them Caps !! OV - MVP !
    D-A-D-D-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E !

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Jan ' 03 Romantic Getaway
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    Aug '06 New addition's 1st trip
    Sept '07 No boys, but everyone else!
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Let's Go Devils!!!!
    I predict a big bounce back response tomorrow night from the Devs.

Let's Go Devils!!!!
    Yeah, how's that workin' out for you???

Barry Melrose said last night, "If the Devils lose game 2 this series is over in 4 games." Not to rub salt in your gaping, open wounds or anything.

Flyers actually played a good game last night for two periods. They held Ovechkin completely in check and had a nice 2 goal cushion to start the 3rd.

Then they fell prey to the same laxy, overconfidence that has plagued this team under John Stevens. They can't close it out. They don't have that "Go for the jugular" mentality and I blame Stevens, because honestly? The dude barely has a pulse himself. He can't rile a team up ... he's too busy trying to stay awake.

I fully expect Washington to take this series ... probably in 6 ... but I'm hoping the Flyers do one of two things in the off-season to make sure they go a lot deeper next season.

They either need to fire Stevens and get a "back"buster coach in here to light a fire under this team or they need to bring in a real firey veteran kinda player that can do it for them. This team is sorely in need of another Keith Primeau.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh I agree, Devils are going to have a real rough time bouncing back from being down two games.

I mean it took them 8 games before they could eek out a win in the regular season.

I will say they did put up a real amazing game yesterday, gotta love when it gets physical.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, how's that workin' out for you???

Barry Melrose said last night, "If the Devils lose game 2 this series is over in 4 games." Not to rub salt in your gaping, open wounds or anything.

Seems to be working out just about the same as it is for you neither team has won a playoff game yet

As for Barry melrose who cares what he says we all know he is Ranger at Heart.

Last night I will say we were robbed of a goal by Toronto the puck clearly hit Lunquist's pad which was well behind the goal line and it was overruled by Toronoto because they claimed their famous inconclusive BS! And the Officiating towards the end of the game was awful I mean the morons called us for icing when we were shorthanded

I will admit my hope is slipping but I haven't quite given up hope just yet.

Let's GO Devils!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, well I can't say I was thrilled with the refs last night either. The fact that they didn't call play when the Flyers were already shorthanded and then Thoresen went down was pretty weak. It lead directly to a backbreaking Caps goal.

Thoresen was clearly too injured to continue. Heck, he practically had to be carried off the ice. The refs effectively gave the Caps an unwarranted 5-3 power play, which basically won the game for them.

But I will say that at least the Flyers have only lost one. Thank God we're not down 2-0 like ... oh ... I dunno ... THE DEVILS!!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Guys... I'm feeling pretty confident today.

Do I think we outplayed the Devils? At certain times. But they can't beat Henrik. That's what really matters...

Refs were awful all game long. Everything was getting called against the Rangers and until the third period, nothing was being called against the devils. There was a point where the devils had 7 guys on the ice, no call. Meanwhile, if anybody gets near Marty it's goalie interference. Horrible mistake by the icing call... I wish they got that one right so the Devils couldn't use that as an excuse for the loss.

But I'll take it. GO RANGERS!
    DisneyRoe <3

Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Fall '04 - Space Mountain Operations

Disney PR Professional Intern
    Spring 2008 - Celebration, FL

DVC Spring '08

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen-- and it all starts with a wish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rosanne View Post
    Meanwhile, if anybody gets near Marty it's goalie interference.
    Oh, trust me ... I know exactly what you mean. Heaven forbid you get anywhere near "Marty's" crease.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Then again I guess it's difficult to get any fair shakes in a league where the Commisioner has publicly stated he wants to see a Penguins vs Capitals Conference final in the East. Shouldn't a comissioner and the league in general be neutral on who wins
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The Red Wings might have won the first 2 games but I have faith that the Preds will win Monday. Ellis has been playing great!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach

9/06 Coronado Springs

10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Then again I guess it's difficult to get any fair shakes in a league where the Commisioner has publicly stated he wants to see a Penguins vs Capitals Conference final in the East. Shouldn't a comissioner and the league in general be neutral on who wins
    In a real league, yes. But this is the NHL ... brought to you by the people who brought you the longest work stoppage in professional sports ... brought to you by the people that can't figure out how to make one of the most exiting games in all of sports popular ... brought to you by the people that managed to lose their television contract with ESPN ...

I mean it's okay to think you'd like to see a Crosby/Ovechkin Conference Final. You just shouldn't say it publicly.

I'm surprised he isn't trying to find ways to move the Pens to the Western Conference between now and the Stanley Cup.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    In a real league, yes. But this is the NHL ... brought to you by the people who brought you the longest work stoppage in professional sports ... brought to you by the people that can't figure out how to make one of the most exiting games in all of sports popular ... brought to you by the people that managed to lose their television contract with ESPN ...

I mean it's okay to think you'd like to see a Crosby/Ovechkin Conference Final. You just shouldn't say it publicly.

I'm surprised he isn't trying to find ways to move the Pens to the Western Conference between now and the Stanley Cup.
    And lets an owner destroy a team while it's for sale....then turn around and purchase another.

He claims that the refs are right 99% of the time. I hate to say it but I have to disagree. I've seen them call penalties that should have been called and not call ones that really should have been called.

They need to market the sport so it will grow. Whether you watch football, nascar, etc. you know who some of the players are. They have commercials for games and the players do commercials. Peyton Manning is in tons of commercials. They need to do the one of those going to WDW commercials at the end of the Stanley Cup.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach

9/06 Coronado Springs

10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast