Quantcast Northwest? Buying Tickets?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northwest? Buying Tickets?

Planning on flying on Northwest. This will be my first time buying tickets. I have flown before but it was always with a vacation package. I am worried that if I don't go ahead and buy the tickets now --- the way the gas prices are headed I will pay a lot more if I wait too long. Just really wanting some feedback on Northwest and buying the tickets.

By the way we are going in September and the #1 reason for choosing Northwest is the location of the airport and it is a direct flight!

Thanks for the help!
    September 2008 --- Wilderness Lodge
    July 2011 --- Wilderness Lodge
    December 2013 --- Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so you know, if you are buying tickets on NWA.com, they usually have their promo fares on Thursdays. The nice thing is that if you keep checking their site and have a lower fare after purchasing your ticket, they'll usually give you a refund for the difference so long as it's in a specific window.

I always fly northwest because we have a hub up here in Detroit...never had a problem with them. Good luck!
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw a story on the news about Northwest raising prices and offering fewer flights starting in the fall due to rising gas prices. We are going back in the fall as well. We usually fly spirit but sometimes Northwest. I am going to grab the first deal I see.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it makes sense to buy your tickets soon. I have also heard that Northwest may raise their rates again in the near future.

I totally understand your reasons for choosing Northwest, but cannot recommend them myself, unfortunately. I grew up in Minnesota where Northwest was king, at the time (it was their homebase). Sadly, after flying them a couple of times in recent years, I will not do so again. Customer service was greatly lacking and the nickel-and-diming for every amenity was a total turn-off (although I suppose that's the future for many airlines). However, for a short flight, I'm sure they are fine.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a horrible time with NW 3 years ago.We had a death in the family while on vacation and not only didn't they give us a bereavement rate to leave our vacation early,they charged us more for changing our flight.I'll walk to Disney before I ever fly NW again.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Default buy some graph paper

I had the same dilemma a couple of months ago. Since i like to fly out of Memphis, and that being a Northwest hub, i struggled to get "good" airfare.
    Something that i noticed with my incessant price checking, was that the days that the price of crude oil was higher, airfare prices quickly followed. I keep CNBC on the TV quite often at work, so it was easy to keep up with. And when there was a price drop in oil, down below $100, sure enough, airfare dropped. By keeping on top of this, i saved as much as $400 for my family of 4.
    You may not be inclined to follow the oil market, but for those who can, this really helped save a significant amount of money.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: