Quantcast Resorts holding luggage????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Resorts holding luggage????

I was just wondering will resorts hold onto your luggage after your "check-out" time??

Here is the deal, for our trip we are taking a late late flight back home--something like leaving Orlando @ 10. Our hope was we would put our luggage tags on our bags & leave at the hotel while we spent our last day @ WDW. Then we would for the airport and the ME would have the luggage all set and taken care of...Is this possible??????
    Summer '90 Disneyland as a kid with my parents and grandmother

August '08 POR with DH and DS

January '14 CSR with just DH

November '14 CBR with DH, DS, DN (dear niece)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can have the hotel hold your luggage for you on your last day. Each hotel has a place, usually near the ME bus stop. (Remember it's a good idea to tip the bell staff for handling your luggage.)

But you will to physically pick it up before your ME bus arrives - it will not be automatically transferred unless you're using a preferred airline.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely - bell services will be happy to store your luggage until such time that you're ready to leave. However, in your case are you flying out a participating airline so that you could just check your luggage ahead of time?

Something to note: If you have valuables (cameras, camcorders, pda's, etcetera) I would not leave them with bell services. There have been a few complaints here on Intercot that luggage is not as secure as it should be.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. We stored our cases at the All Star Movies in March for the day....no charge, just the tip (we tipped leaving the cases and picking them up). They were happy to help out!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if the Swan and Dolphin offer this service?
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

We traveled with a participating airline so at check out time we checked our bags right at the hotel. ( We stayed at Music ) I am pretty certain all the Disney Resorts check your luggage for your airline, if it is a participating one. We were also able to have our carry on's stored at the hotel until it was time to go to the airport. We did the Magical Express. They gave us a slip at the hotel for our carry on's, that we turned back in to them to get the carry on's back. So we were free to go into a park and enjoy the time left before our flight without carrying any luggage. It was very nice.
    These three things will continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Post Thanks / Like

There are 2 separate issues here that are getting confused. There's storage of bags, and there's getting your bags home.

Every halfway decent hotel in the USA will store your bags for you after check-out time.

The other issue involves Disney's Magical Express and Resort Airline Check-in. DME is the bus ride, which everyone can take. RAC is available only to people on "participating airlines." If you are flying home on a "participating airline," you can take your luggage to the RAC desk in your resort's lobby. You will check in for your flight, receive your boarding passes, and check your luggage through to your final destination (you will no longer have ANY access to it until you pick it up at your home airport). Think of RAC as curbside check-in, only it's in your resort lobby rather than at the curb in the airport.

If you use RAC, you can get your body back to the airport any way you'd like -- you don't need to ride the DME bus.

If you can't use RAC (because you're not flying a participating airline), then you must bring your bags to the DME bus at your assigned bus time. This cannot happen in any automatic fashion. You must bring them there. Sure, you can have Bell Services carry them for you if you want, but you must be present. Your bags will be loaded under the bus, and you'll get them back as soon as you arrive at the airport. At that point, you go and check in with your airline as you would any other time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    Anyone know if the Swan and Dolphin offer this service?
    Sorry, no, no DME and no RAC for Swolphin. DME and RAC are available only at Disney owned-and-operated resorts.

But like any other hotel, they'll store your bags for you after check-out time.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1594055]Sorry, no, no DME and no RAC for Swolphin. DME and RAC are available only at Disney owned-and-operated resorts.
    But like any other hotel, they'll store your bags for you after check-out time.[/QUOTE ]

Thank You!!!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: