Quantcast In Disney Right Now, March 27th, 2008, 11:59 pm

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default In Disney Right Now, March 27th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Well, better late than never to get caught up on typing out my trip reports. However, the days just seem to be slipping away and before you know it, it will be time for my final thoughts….yikes!!

I know that I pretty much missed yesterday, but sent the pics to you to view. Hopefully you enjoyed them and gave you a bit of a Disney fix for the day. Right now, because it’s later, I will do a quick recap of yesterday afternoon and evening and then move into today.

Yesterday night, we thoroughly enjoyed Boma (as always) and Kevin enjoyed it as well. Chloe, well as you can see from the pics, she used that time as an opportunity to be a ham for the camera. Unfortunately, when she starts, I can’t put the camera down for fear of missing “the” shot. So, I just snapped away. The food was as good as always and I even had room for dessert this time. Is there anybody else out there that could make a meal on the soups they have there? I am not much of a soup fan, but there is something about the soup there, especially the carrot ginger, that makes me want to **** it up with a straw.

After that, we headed back over to The Studios to finish up the day for EMH. This would allow us to be there until 1:00 in the morning. During the evening we completed:

-Star Tours (Kevin loved it)
    -RRC x 3
    -TOT (Beckie and I did it and we had the best drop, when you are thinking it’s the end of the ride and they shoot you back up into the tower for one more drop)
    -Fantasmic (10:00 showing)
    -Playhouse Disney Dance Party (Chloe was even awake for this and had an awesome time!!)

After that it was back The Swan to crawl (actually crawl) into bed from just seeming like we have done it all.

This morning, however, we did get a bit of a chance to sleep in. Chloe, however, runs on her own clock and she was up playing with Grandma and Grandpa at 8:30. Me? I slept for an extra two hours after that. Even after that I was still pretty tired, but realizing that I am at Disney and need to make the most of it, I got up and was ready to head out the door in half an hour.

Dad wanted to spend the day relaxing, so the rest of us headed over to Epcot and made our way to The American Adventure. Now, I have said this before, and I will say this again, I am Canadian, but you Americans have the most interesting history that after watching that show, I just want to go out and get as many history books on American history that I can lay my hands on so that I can read up on it.

After the show, we headed over and had some lunch right next to the theatre, heard the fife and drum and then headed back in to hear the AMAZING Voices of Liberty. They even sang our favorite, “Old Susanna,” and made the banjo noises and all. They even sang a song that we sang for many years in choir, “Simple Gifts.” It was amazing as well!!

After that we then headed over to Morocco where Kevin finally picked up his brand new fez. He has been talking about getting a fez for a log time now and he always said that that was the one thing he really wanted to get when he was in WDW. So, today, he finally bought it, and wore it during the afternoon.

After that, we then headed over to our country of Canada to check out the updated version of Oh! Canada. We loved loved loved the update, and were so pleased to see that it actually had a comedic side to it thanks to Martin Short. The best part was that they even mentioned “MOOSE JAW” in the movie as a place that has a very interesting name. When they said it in the movie we all cheered, so the next time you hear about Moose Jaw in the movie, think of us “Moose Javians” that are here on Intercot!! The only thing (only one) that I would pick on in the movie is that it really bypassed the prairies (where we live). They did mention it and showed the tractors and such, but it was very quick. Could have shown a bit more there Disney, but you still did an awesome job!! Also, just a bit of an FYI for all of you out there; We noticed our Canadian version of Smarties being sold in the shop (candy outside, chocolate inside) for $2.50 for a box. Kevin must be missing a bit of home because he was contemplating getting a box because he loves Smarties so much. However, he could not justify that price because we pay around 75 cents a box at home.

After that, Beckie, Kevin, mom, and Chloe decided to head back for a swim at the resort. Me? You wanna know what I did?? Well here it is!! All I did was walk around Epcot and did absolutely NOTHING. I took the time (about two and a half hours) to just walk around, relax, sit on a bench, look in the stores I normally would not look at, etc. Now, some of you may be thinking, “now that’s a waste of an afternoon,” and at first I thought so to. However, it was just the time I needed to pick up a few things for some people back home, get a Mickey Mouse bar, sit on a bench, and veg out while people watching. Sometimes I think we get the feeling that we just have to go go go while we are there that it is just nice sometimes to sit, look around at where you are, and just take it all in. OR, it might just be me, getting old, and thinking that I need to take it easy for a bit, ha ha ha!

Anyways, after a couple of hours of non-activity, I met up with everyone else back in Canada. Dad, with a smile on his face, and a bit of a laugh, said he was going to go up and see if he could get us a table at Le Cellier right now as a walk-in. Now, I know he knows better than that, because we all know there would be no chance at that happening. And do you know what? We were all right!! He came back and said that if we were willing to wait around until the middle of July, we would be able to get a table in the evening. So, after that laugh, we continued on our way.

We headed over to China for a quick bite to eat, and then headed in to see the movie. After that, we then backtracked to Future World and headed onto Mission Space that had a 50 minute stand-by wait time, but when we got in there we found it had about a 10 minute wait time. Gotta love that!! So, while dad waited with Chloe, the rest of us went full throttle Orange to Mars and Kevin really liked the ride a lot. Me? I love that feeling when you first take off, and then when you are just landing on Mars for the first time. There is absolutely no feeling like it in the world, in my opinion.

Then, Beckie, dad, and I headed over to the single rider line at Test Track for an amazing rush (on no breaking down) ride.

As it was EMH and had not done it yet, we headed over to ride Universe Of Energy and road with about 20 other people. To put it in perspective, there was nobody standing in the lobby when you first enter, and the only benches that had people on them were in the middle. Still, we had a great time with Ellen and the dinosaurs and even Chloe liked waving at the dinosaurs just to amuse herself.

After that, we then headed back over to WS and began to walk around the loop there, starting in Mexico. We walked through all the countries and looked in the shops we wanted. The best thing though, was that it was only us and a few others doing this. So, instead of fighting the crowds in the shops like a normal day, we just leisurely walked around and looked at what we wanted.

We then left through the International Gateway and headed back to The Swan with a quick stop at the Peekabu Buffeteria at The Dolphin for snacks and such to bring back to the room. Now, everyone is in bed and once again, my bed is calling me for sleep.

Now comes the hard part. Tomorrow’s plan is a bit scattered. We would like to make one more trip to the Outlets for a few hours and then get back to property in the afternoon for a quick relax and a swim. We then have ADRs for Cape May Café in the evening and then EMH at the MK. With the EMH added in it pushes the MK closing time to 3:00 in the morning. Now, I am a die hard Intercot fan but I do not feel that I will have enough energy to type up that trip report tomorrow. So, I will do my best to get pics on as I can and quick blurbs here and there. However, you may need to wait till Saturday for me to even be semiconscious to write something.

Well, time for bed!

Have an awesome “Disney” day!!

To see toady’s pic, please click here!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboy98 View Post
    All I did was walk around Epcot and did absolutely NOTHING. I took the time (about two and a half hours) to just walk around, relax, sit on a bench, look in the stores I normally would not look at, etc. Now, some of you may be thinking, “now that’s a waste of an afternoon,” and at first I thought so to.
    Stopping to smell the roses is a fantastic idea! We spent an entire afternoon similar to yours recently at Epcot out of a 10-day trip. It was my DD and DH's favorite day of the whole vacation and it didn't include one 'attraction'. Thanks for another great trip report! It looks like a gorgeous day from the pictures.
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

stopping to smell the roses and people watch is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. There is so much going on at one time and no two times are the same! I've enjoyed your trip report!
    ~John

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoying your trip reports and pictures, thanks for sharing!!

Can't wait to hear what you think about Cape May...we're looking into some character dining for June and this is one I've been curious about.
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report! On our last trip the Voices of Liberty sang Oh Susanna. It was the first time I had heard them sing that and I was amazed at the "banjo" sound.
    I know how hard it is to do "live" reports. Your doing a wonderful job. So don't feel bad about just "snipets". You can catch us up later.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Well good morning!! It is a bright and sunny day here in WDW and it is supposed to be hot hot hot today.

We are just getting ready to head off to the Premium Outlets for one last round at shopping.

TIdoubleGR, we have ate at Cape May numerous times and always have an excellent meal (can't wait to share the details and the pics). The one thing I can tell you is that it is not character dining in the evening. There is a character meal during breakfast time.

Time to get the day started!

ttfn!!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Post Thanks / Like

People watching is something I'm looking forward to doing on my upcoming trip. I'll be there longer, so I don't feel like I have to rush around and miss the little details. Thanks again for bringing us along on your Disney adventures!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

guys have definetly been keeping busy..
    sounds like you are all having a great time..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your great trip reports...I've really been enjoying them! Wanted to comment on the soup at Boma--that is my favorite thing. It annoys my dad to no end that I skip the meat and go straight to the soups!
    Angela
    Next Trip--40th Birthday at Contemporary--September

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report. I'll be honest with you, there is no way I could write a trip report while I was there, so I give you alot of credit. Two things stuck out to me in your report today: 1) You mentioned how interesting you found our Country's history, and being the History nut I am, I couldn't help but think of all of the visitors to WDW who miss this attraction. Some of them miss it altogether and don't see it, and then some just see it as a boring show. I absolutely love it and it gives me that "Proud to be an American" feeling. Every kid in the US should see that show. 2) I agree one of the best things to do at Disney is just sit and take it all in. So many people miss that little luxury trying to "see it all".
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboy98 View Post
    We noticed our Canadian version of Smarties being sold in the shop (candy outside, chocolate inside) for $2.50 for a box.
    That sounds more like M&M's to me - or do you mean that in Canada you call them Smarties? The Smarties we have here in the States are like little sweet tarts that are stacked in a roll and wrapped in cellophane.

Your talk about Boma is making my mouth water - the soups are my favorite, too!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=sleepingbooty;1588337]That sounds more like M&M's to me - or do you mean that in Canada you call them Smarties? The Smarties we have here in the States are like little sweet tarts that are stacked in a roll and wrapped in cellophane.

QUOTE]

Hi our smarties are like M&M"s (we have those to) but they are a little bigger. They are a candy coated chocolate and I personally feel the chocolate is better in them.

Glad you all are having a good time. Looks like Chlo is having a blast (and Kevin to). We miss Chloe at Bonanza for lunch!! See you all soon.
    Bonnie
    Oct '89 Comfort Inn and CBR
    Nov '92 Comfort Inn and DixieLandings
    Feb '96 Comfort Inn
    Feb '98 All Star Sports (Tennis)
    Feb '04 Disney Cruise, Pop Century (50's)

Post Thanks / Like

Another wonderful day! It's good to take some time to relax! After all, you are on vacation!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

really enjoying your trip reports
    one of my favorite times in epcot occurred when my annoying children couldn't get enough of the innovations stuff I got bored and frustrated and stepped outside The sunshine and beautiful landscaping and water features and just watching everyone's happiness brought back my good nature and I happily sat on a bench near a topiary cinderella and prince and didn't mind "squandering" my time. And i really am a park commando at heart!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. Fabulous pictures.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: