Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrl377 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else out there in Intercot land watches this show? I just like to hear different peoples opinions on this show.
    Monica, you should have fun reading through this thread. There are many Jon and Kate plus 8 fans here!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

YAY!! I just love this show! I check their website regularly to see when the DVD's come out. I also read that Kate is writing a book soon. That should be interesting to read.

I agree with some on how Kate has her quirks. The part where she doesn't like the feet to touch the floor in the hotel is just crazy to me. But everyone has their own things they just do.

I too, wish they had shown more footage from their WDW trip. Looks like they only did MK, but I wonder if they got to go to other parks? Seems like Jon would love ToT and RnRC? Maybe they did go, but only showed the MK parts?

Oh yes, Mel, when they flew over Denver! I too am shocked Kate didn't break down more! She was rather shook up about the whole ordeal. Her friends are true gems to have in their lives - helping out all the time, going on trips with them. God Bless them.

I just think they are the cutest couple and their kids are so precious! I'm glad to see there are other Jon & Kate Plus 8! fans out there!!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

They did another show with some different clips of other shows (hope that makes sense) they showed them at La Nouba. The clowns were messing with Kate.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I believe in one of the other episodes...I think it was the "behind the scenes" or something...they mentioned that they spent like 4 days at Disney and then went down to Vero Beach to visit some of Jon's family. They showed the kids at the beach freaking out because it was windy!!

I'm such a huge fan of this show!! And I don't even have kids so I can't really relate! But it's still fun to watch. Jon and Kate are the cutest couple!!!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    I
    I'm such a huge fan of this show!! And I don't even have kids so I can't really relate! But it's still fun to watch. Jon and Kate are the cutest couple!!!
    ME TOO! I've got no kids, and I can't relate either, but it just makes me happy to watch their show...especially if I'm not feeling well. Yes, they are a cute couple!!

Quote Originally Posted by goofysbabe View Post
    They did another show with some different clips of other shows (hope that makes sense) they showed them at La Nouba. The clowns were messing with Kate.
    I saw this episode as well. I'm glad they got to go and see La Nouba! It was funny when the clows were messing with Kate!
    M°o°nica

Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Post Thanks / Like

I love this show as well! Jon and Kate are so authentic with each other. I also enjoy watching the shows about the Dugger family (with 17 kids). But the difference is that everything is happy-happy, joy-joy with the Duggers, whereas Jon and Kate seem very real.

Amy

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any children either but I love this show. Kate does get a little too uptight sometimes but overall they seem like a great family.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this that the Disney episode was on last night so I recorded it and I ended up loving it so much that I have it set to record all episodes. My brother walked in and saw Kate during a meltdown and said that she was a witch, and I asked him how he would deal with 8kids under 6 years old. I babysat my baby cousin today for 4 hours and as much as I love her, I was so ready when my aunt came to pick her up, so I think what Kate and Jon do is amazing.

Also, I totally love Kate's quirks. I am also an organized person and like Jon, I'm a neat-freak. I also wear socks/shoes in resorts and my future kids will have to, as well. I found that part hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

this is a family show we can watch together. I have two boys and they are 4 and 9 and sometimes they can be a much. It makes me feel better when I watch the show because when I see the chaos found there. I know I would be much worse than Kate is. I'm sure we all would be just like Kate if not worse if we were in this kind of family life. We love the show and it is great entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally saw the Disney episode last night. I wish they would've shown more! They were there for 5 days! The only time I felt Kate over reacted was with the ice cream... as a kid I can't tell you how many times I spilled my ice cream on my shirt. My parents never took it away from me, they just wiped off what they could and let me finish my ice cream. It never ruined my day. Sometimes kids get messy...it's all part of being a kid!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally saw the Disney episode last night. I wish they would've shown more! They were there for 5 days! The only time I felt Kate over reacted was with the ice cream... as a kid I can't tell you how many times I spilled my ice cream on my shirt. My parents never took it away from me, they just wiped off what they could and let me finish my ice cream. It never ruined my day. Sometimes kids get messy...it's all part of being a kid!

I also wish that they would have shown more. I was dissapointed that more than half the episode was them traveling there and back. They have season DVD's coming out- maybe they will have extras clips from their Disney vacation on there. I also thought that she reacted way too over the top and then when they asked her later if she thinks she overreacted she said no.

Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I think she overreacts about many things! Honestly, I don't like her very much at all. And I really feel sorry for Jon and the way she treats him like .

I also don't like the way she pimps out her kids to get what she wants, but that's another topic for another day...
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I too hope on the DVD's they will show extra footage...especially the WDW trip! I was so upset that they only focused on the trip down and not alot on the trip at WDW.

I know in another episode they showed them at La Nouba and that was cool! I'm glad they got to see that b/c it's a great show!

I saw on their website you can pre-order their book, but on Amazon it says it doesn't come out til Novemeber!!!
    M°o°nica

Post Thanks / Like

I was poking around their website last night and came across something I'd never really thought about. In the FAQs section, they mention that the kids do have grandparents, but they aren't involved in their everyday life.

I'd never wondered about Jon and Kate's parents for whatever reason, but now I'm intrigued. Has anyone read or seen anything about their families (besides Kate's brother and SIL, of course)?
    Last edited by Melanie; 04-17-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was poking around their website last night and came across something I'd never really thought about. In the FAQs section, they mention that the kids do have grandparents, but they aren't involved in their everyday life.

I'd never wondered about Jon and Kate's parents for whatever reason. Has anyone read or seen anything about their families (besides Kate's brother and SIL, of course)?
    They mentioned once on an episode (not sure what one it was) that they did have grandparents but like you said, they were not involved in there every day lives. It so wierd because you think the grandparents would step up and offer to help Jon and Kate but we never see them. I always thought it was strange that they had so many babysitters and friends watching the children but never any of Jon and Kate's parents. The only thing that I can think of is that both sets of parents don't want to be involved in the show.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure on the 3 year old b-day party Jon's grandmother was there. If I'm not mistaken it's partially a distance issue for them?

Not sure about Kate's parents however.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post

I'd never wondered about Jon and Kate's parents for whatever reason, but now I'm intrigued. Has anyone read or seen anything about their families (besides Kate's brother and SIL, of course)?

In the episode where they take the kids to the dentist, Jon mentions that his dad died a couple of years ago. His dad was a dentist and the dentist that they took the kids to was the one that took over his father's practice when he passed away. As for the others, it's true you really don't hear them mentioned.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegoose View Post
    In the episode where they take the kids to the dentist, Jon mentions that his dad died a couple of years ago. His dad was a dentist and the dentist that they took the kids to was the one that took over his father's practice when he passed away. As for the others, it's true you really don't hear them mentioned.
    Oh yeah, I remember that now. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I love Jon & Kate Plus 8!
    I only had 3 kids and believe me there were times that I was a lot more "witchy" than Kate even comes close to being. I think the thing we have to remember here is that this WDW trip was for more than 5 days and we saw it cut down to one half hour with commercials. I can only guess at how many times ice cream and who knows what else got spilt.
    And as to how she treats Jon, how many of us have not been so angry at our spouces that visions of Divorce Court haven't played in our minds. And we don't even have a TV crew in our faces.
    The remark about them (I'm not going to use the word the poster did) making money off the kids wasn't very nice. I think they've made a good choice of what the opitions might have been as to how to afford about 4 more kids than they ever thought would given to them.
    OK, I'm now stepping off my soapbox.
    to Kate and Jon, you're doing a better job than most of us would be in your situation.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure on the 3 year old b-day party Jon's grandmother was there. If I'm not mistaken it's partially a distance issue for them?

Not sure about Kate's parents however.
    In that episode they showed an older woman and Kate called her "Nana" or something along those lines. I believe that they said she was a family friend but she wasn't a real grandparent.

You're right, I forgot about that. Thanks for sharing!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'

PINK!

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: