Quantcast need help getting excited over cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help getting excited over cruise

My DH and I are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise in less that 2 weeks. I should be so excited, but 2 weeks ago we decided to go back to WDW in May. Now Disney is all i can thinkg about I've never been on a cruise before. i'm sure it will be great but I've got Disney on the brain.

Can anyone tell me how great their cruise was and help me get excited for this trip?

Thanks
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally understand how you feel. Last Christmas I had a crusie planned to Mexico for 5 days and when it was over me and my 2 DS were going to Disney for 2 days. All I could think about was Disney .

Anyway once we got on the ship we had a blast !! It ranks right up there with one of the best vacations that we have ever had.

Nothing is as good as going to WDW but I do think the experience was well worth it and we are planning on going on another cruise next year.

I hope that helps!!
    DakandZakMom
    7-03 POR
    7-05 All Star movies
    07-06 Pop Century
    07-07 Pop Century
    07-08 POR
    07-09 Pop Century
    07-10 Pop Century
    07-11 POR
    07-12 Pop Century
    07-14 PO French Quarter
    07-16 Coronado Springs

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Post Thanks / Like

We did Western Caribbean (Jamaica and Caymen Islands) and it was totally cool! We enjoyed every minute of it especially swimming with the stingrays. Everyone should do at least one cruise in their lifetime. Being cooped up all winter I definitely have cabin fever and could really go for a Caribbean cruise right now!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Best solution?

Disney Cruise.

In all seriousness, you'll have a BLAST! Going on a cruise is such a luxurious experience and being in the Caribbean is the way to do it...enjoy!
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks to all for your input.
    I loved the suggestion of a Disney Cruise! too bad i'm already booked and paid in full with Princess.
    I'm sure we will have a blast on the boat. I as it get closer I'll get more excited. We are planning on snorkleing with the sea turtles... that should be cool.
    Alice
    10 trips and counting

Post Thanks / Like

Default cruises!!!

You will love your Princess cruise. DH & I (& DD) cruise (i guess frequently is the right word!); we also love WDW. So you can tell that we're retired!

Anyway, here's a tip for enjoying your cruise a little more. There's a website for cruising advice- sort of like INTERCOT!- go to www dot cruisecritic dot com. Check out the Princess forum, the first time cruisers forum, the forums for your ports of call and most importanly- look for a Roll Call for your cruise- and post there.

As for snorkeling with the sea turtles- we did that in Barbados- we loved it! What magnificent creatures. Also, while you're onboard- Princess has some of the best Trivia contests of any of the cruiselines,so if you like trivia (not the boardgame, just trivia questions for silly prizes, etc) make sure you try it- it's also a great way to meet other people, since you form small groups.

Each night, you'll receive the Princess Patter newsletter which tells you what's happening the next day ; do as much or as little as you wish- but have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Cruising is the way to go! All the food! My dh and I cruised for our 10 year anniversary and we are DYING to go on another one! You will love it!!!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Lynn,

I have been on that cruise site and it's got great information. It's just not Intercot

I'm already alot more excited today. i started thinking about what i need to buy/pack last night. I'd much rather be doing that today than work! Only 104 more hours till i'm on vacation!

Then 68 days till WDW
    Alice
    10 trips and counting

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just cruised for the first time in Jan. with Disney for 4 nights. Loved cruising so much we now have a 10 night Canadian/New England cruise booked for this fall. And I'm going to the travel agent today to see about booking a 12 night western Mediterrian cruise linked with a 16 night Transatlantic crossing for fall 2009.
    We still love going to WDW and will going down this Dec.
    I know what you mean when you say that CruiseCritic discussion boards are not Intercot, what a bunch of rude people! But I'm getting a lot of information there, I just try to not let the bickering and name calling get to me.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: