Quantcast Who still wears them? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Who wears a fanny pack?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't go to a park without one?

128 47.23%
  • I left that back in the 80's.

143 52.77%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband has one of those over one shoulder slingy-thingies (technical term) so I just use him as my personal pack mule.
    I know the fannypack is a sensible, reasonable travel gear item. I just can't do it- I just can't do it. It's like velcro sneakers for me, I just can't go gently into that goodnight.

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I still do. Actually the ONLY place I use my fanny pack is WDW -- I can fit my reading glasses, cell phone, camera, money and IDs in it and enjoy hands free the entire day!!

Sept. '09 - Port Orleans Riverside w/Free Dining!!
    May '09 AK Lodge - 50th Birthday!!
    Sept. '08 Pop Century w/Free Dining!!
    '07 All Star Movies
    '06 Pop Century
    '03 All Star Music
    '02 Caribbean Beach
    '00 All Star Sports
    '97 All Star Sports
    '87 Off Site

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't go without one - that'll be me!!! I just love mine. My hands are free and I have everything at my fingertips. I don't really care what others think - I'm there to have a good time!
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofysbabe View Post
    Can't go without one - that'll be me!!! I just love mine. My hands are free and I have everything at my fingertips. I don't really care what others think - I'm there to have a good time!
    this is my second post on this topic and i couldn't agree more!

VIctor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

We tried the back back thing but it gave us awful neck aches. We carry camera, camcorder,water,tissues and a snack. I found a camera case that goes around the waste where we can put everything into it and it's hands free and won't kill our necks.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who finds this thread to be ironic?

Most people think anyone who goes to Disney year after year and happily posts about it on a message board, is, by definition, a dork.

Now, we've got a dork subgroup of people who wear fanny packs?
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to agree with what someone said- what you look like shouldn't matter. However, I personally don't like them. I tend to carry a larger shoulder bag of some sort. I carry water, a sweater, pins, camera, money, autograph book... Not all of that is going to fit into a fanny pack. Perhaps I am one of the people that other people point at and say that they have large bags, but I need somewhere to put my purchases and like having a little bit of room.

However, don't get the impression I lug around a huge bag or a bag that hurts my shoulder. That's a no-no!
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Post Thanks / Like

I think I wore a fanny pack on my first two trips to WDW and DL. I work at a church with youth and so I used to wear one on all big trips, because I usually have to carry certain stuff with me as the leader. And it just won't fit in my pockets. I also believe that there are safer to use than backpacks, or purses. Backpacks and purses are very easy for pick-pockets to get into or even slash without you even knowing it. That is also why fanny packs should always be worn in the front. They can still get into them if you aren't careful, but it you have more control of it in the front.

Having said that, on my last trip to WDW I didn't want to take a fanny pack any more. I am going to save it only for hiking trips. I found a small bikers, over the shoulder, sling back that is small and light weight, but can hold more than enough stuff. It doesn't weigh me down or get to hot, or get in other people's way. And when I am in crowds or need to be careful of what's in it I can slide it around to the front or at my side. This also works great on rides. I can bring it to the front and not even have to worry about taking it off.

This bag has is much better than my fanny pack and it looks much better as well.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinning Marathon Runner View Post

Most people think anyone who goes to Disney year after year and happily posts about it on a message board, is, by definition, a dork.

That is a funny way of looking at it. But we are a proud bunch.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

I remember my mom doing the Fanny pack thing when I was little and we used to go but I just wasn't able to do it once I got older.

On our last trip DH and I actually bought one of the small Disney String backpacks. It was the best purchase of the whole trip. It has a little cell phone pocket on the outside of it that our digital cameral fit into perfectly so if a picture moment came up all I had to do was reach behind me and grab the camera. It was also big enough to carry our video camera which is pretty small in a secure net pouch on the inside as well as ponchos, water bottles, and our tickets and money in a small zipper area.

Best thing about it though is that my DH didn't consider it to girly for him to carry it and after using it for 9 days it still wasn't hurting or bothering our shoulder as a larger back pack would.

Can't wait to use it again there in October!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I personnal don't wear them or even own one. I take my little backpack purse to the park. It's comfortable plus I can get my camera, my boyfriends camera, money, his money, ID's, room keys/park tickets and still have plenty of rooom in there. Plus I can carry it in front of me incase anyone has a bad habit of sticking there hands in other peoples purses and taking money
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after 160 responses, I find it interesting that this poll is split exactly 50-50. The sub-group of Disney dorks is about half of us. I don't take enough stuff to justify a backpack, and I don't care what anyone thinks about how it looks. Both my kids have their own for their money, snacks, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. and their pins and other small souvenirs. They may not be cool at school, but we are park commandos and they are great for carrying the small stuff when you are really on the go. Plus, we don't ever set them down and walk off without remembering where we left it.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Default fanny pack dork

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinning Marathon Runner View Post

That is funny. I wear a fanny pack at Disney "ONLY". I don't seem to understand the "snobbery" towards those that wear a fanny pack. It's not like people wear them everyday. It's easy; it's convenient; and it's realtively hassle free.

What do you "backpack people" do with your big bags when you go on a ride like Space Mountain, Everest, Splash, etc.?

What do you "cargo short people" do with your things when you go on the wet rides like the one at AK and Splash. Doesn't everything get wet?

To me, the fanny pack may not be the "coolest" thing to wear, but at Disney it is by far the most practical.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a wrist band with a zipper compartment that I love for room keys, money and credit cards. It's great. No more fanny pack for me!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Messenger style bag with water bottle holders on each side. (and dh carries it better then 80% of the time)

No surprise to those who may know me but a fanny pack is just so not going to go with my shoes. (excepting the new mini style things but still not likely to happen.) Never owned one in fact.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I used to wear one when all i had was a camera and a an autograph book, but I'm one fo those people that carries a bunch of just in case stuff, so now I carry a 6 pocket backpack. Oh and when I go on a ride like the 'mountains' and such, I put the straps around my legs and put it under my feet.

Post Thanks / Like

No thanks. Never wore one. I use one of those drawstring back packs just to throw in some of our essentials (sunblock, digital camera, digital camcorder, granola bars, etc)
    Mike D.

Coronado Springs: Aug 2008
    Pop Century: 2007
    Port Orleans French Quarter: 2006
    All Star Music: 2005
    Offsite: 1994

LETS GO YANKEES

Post Thanks / Like

I wore one on all my Disney trips as a child (in the 80's.)

I didn't wear one for the longest time in recent years. I honestly never really thought about wearing one. I normally just had a purse or a small backpack. But the purse put too much weight on just one shoulder. And the backpack just got annoying to take on and off for rides. And it made me all sweaty.

Finally...last year at Disneyland...I thought to myself..."why don't I have a fanny pack?" So I bought one and now I can't live without it on trips to disneyland and WDW. I even wear it when we go to the zoo.

I'm 26 years old...and married. So I don't really care if I look dorky or not.

Target now has "belt bags" for $10. They are basically fanny packs. But they have a few cute colors.

Here's a link to the green one.
    http://www.target.com/Xhilaration-Be...t%20bag&page=1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Bee View Post
    I wore one on all my Disney trips as a child (in the 80's.)

I didn't wear one for the longest time in recent years. I honestly never really thought about wearing one. I normally just had a purse or a small backpack. But the purse put too much weight on just one shoulder. And the backpack just got annoying to take on and off for rides. And it made me all sweaty.

Finally...last year at Disneyland...I thought to myself..."why don't I have a fanny pack?" So I bought one and now I can't live without it on trips to disneyland and WDW. I even wear it when we go to the zoo.

I'm 26 years old...and married. So I don't really care if I look dorky or not.

Target now has "belt bags" for $10. They are basically fanny packs. But they have a few cute colors.

Here's a link to the green one.
    http://www.target.com/Xhilaration-Be...t%20bag&page=1

Wow, Jill! That is cute. way better than a fanny pack. I'm a Baggallini fan myself. You can find 'em on ebags.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My mom used to wear one when we would go but last year we had to get her something different so we bought her a walt disney world backpack
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: