Quantcast Ok, personal question here.... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Ben would kill me if I told this.....but he had the same problem last August. We stopped in the baby station and bought a tube of Balmex, it has zinc in it, like diaper rash cream. Within just a few minutes, the pain was gone and he wasn't walking like a duck anymore. It was only a couple of bucks for the tube. It worked great. He applied it everyday before we left the room and carried it with him to reapply, no more problems.
    I'M TELLING!!!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DS's experienced this with our 1st trip to the ocean!It was awful, they were miserable! I assumed it was from the salt water! ? We have a pool & they swim daily in the summer & have never had any problem like this. I asked the pharmacist at the drug store while we were at the beach & he told me Vaseline! I've also had a friend tell me diaper rash cream. I used the desitin on DS's last year at the beach & it worked great. I never thought about this happening while at Disney. We fly so I try to remember to pack everything that we can carry that I think we may really need, so I think I should start packing one of these with me just in case. I know this is just miserable for the guys!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

My EX boyfriend constantly complained about this...(he's an EX so I don't care about telling)

Boys to men are lucky. THey can get away with wearing swim trunks to the parks. If they're comfortable in them this can help. But there are a lot of other "hiking" styled shorts that are good too.

The MOST important element is Baby Powder with Cornstarch. After suggesting several times to use it...he finally was uncomfortable enough to "relent". SIGH...after that he NEVER went anyplace HOT without it.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Along the same lines as Desitin, Burt's Bee's makes a diaper cream that is VERY thick and doesn't just "wipe away" - its cool and soothing for rashes - I highly recommend it. Its a bit pricey ($8 for a tube), but it goes a long way and it really works. Good luck! (My BIL has this same problem)
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

For Body Glide, google the website and there is a store locator on the home page. Good stuff!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought Body Glide at our local Dick's Sporting Goods store. We haven't had any heat rash issues, but we've used Body Glide on our feet the past couple of trips and haven't had any blisters!
    șOș April șOș

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

My nephew has the same problem...my sister said the best thing for him is a change of dry clothes and those long or semi-long tight male/boys underpants...less friction on the skin.
    Off-Site: 1977, 1984, 1988, 1991, 1993, and 2000
    All-Star Sports - 2002

Coronado Springs Resort - July 12-19, 2008
    Pop Century Resort - May 14-21, 2009
    Caribbean Beach Resort - August 15-20, 2010

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a pooh shaped female and i find that with thighs that rub together skin on skin any moisture will cause the rash . so i now wear my shourts pulled up so that the material blocks the skin on skin contact and yes when ever i do get a rash like that i use desitin on it and it is gone by morning. so have your son pull his shorts up or like others have posted maybe wear a pair of bike shorts under his shorts so there is no skin on skin contact
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The runner's body glide and Desitin are both excellent (I use them occasionally when I play hockey and have never had a problem). However, the one thing I found that REALLY helps without being messy is I wear biking shorts (sometimes called compression shorts) under my jeans. These are the tight fitting, smooth material that wicks away the moisture. I've never had a heat rash problem wearing that and I used to get it all the time.
    I just wanted to second Chris' suggestion. My son had the same problem two visits ago and last time he wore compression shorts that he used playing baseball. You can also use the rash guards that a lot of kids use in the water. You can get either of these this time of year at a sporting goods store.

Post Thanks / Like

I once heard that most diaper rash creams help prevent this. And Avon sells a "anti-chafe" gel/lotion that seems to work pretty well. Perhaps the most definite solution, though, would be to wear the spandex kind of jogging shorts or maybe even the boxer-brief underwear that Hanes sells.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Last trip, I used some Gold Bond powder on my legs to prevent this. I don't usually get it, but I thought I wouldn't risk it this time, so I just used it. I put it on my legs when I got out of the shower, and a light layer in the morning. I got the travel size at Target for a buck. Best investment, I believe.

Since I will be training for the marathon, I will probably get the body glide soon!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

My son has the same problem. He also gets a really bad abrasion rash in the same area (inner thigh) from the sand when he boogie boards in the ocean during the summer.

Body Glide is the ONLY thing that works for him.

I was desperate one night trying to find something to help him. I went online and searched for hours. Finally found reviews on Body Glide and ordered some. I keep at least 2-3 sticks of it in the house at all times, all summer for him.

I highly recommend giving it a try!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more "Goofy" shaped, but I still have the same problem with the walking and humidity. I use Tinactin before we leave in the morning and before I go to bed.
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Eeep...

If I had only seen a thread like this before we left for WDW in 2005...

Jșoșnas_Swe
    Disneyland Resort Paris:
    Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club Concierge: -92, -98, -01, -03.
    Walt Disney World - First Time - 2005
    ASM - 2 nights, WL - 13 nights & BWI - 8 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH doesn't ever complain about this, but my FIL does. DH wears boxers, so maybe boxers over briefs in the heat and walking. I also agree with wearing shorts underneath - I'll wear bike shorts under skirts and dresses to avoid thighs rubbing together - I even wore a blue pair under my wedding dress (something blue).
    5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymom4ever View Post
    Heat rash- Well, I figured if I could ask anyone, someone here could help me. This would be for the men, but the women might be able to help as well. My DS 12 has a problem every time we go to theme parks! We hit the water rides, (or just from the heat even) and by the end of the day, he's walking like a duck! (He would kill me if he saw me writing this!) He gets a rash so bad he's crying by the end of the night. Poor baby, I feel so bad for him! I always bring baby powder along, but is there something else I could actually buy for this? When we went to NYC in July with friends, our male friend had the same problem! You should have seen him walking through Times Square! I know there are men who can relate to this! We leave next week for DW, so thanks for any tips!

Both of my sons have had the same unfortunate experience. What we now do is coat them with vaseline prior to leaving our rooms. For us the key was protecting their skin before getting wet.
    Desitin works well too. Although we use it at night when day is done.

My youngest, age 10, found that having the liner removed from his swim wear also brought additional relief.

Good Luck !

Post Thanks / Like

Default my solution

Forget dogs.....Compression shorts are a man's best friend. I've tried the powders and creams, but the compression shorts are unbeatable. Powders and creams can't handle a 12+ hour day without reapplying. Buy a few pairs of compression shorts and they will last far longer than the same $ amount of powder and creams. I carry some baby powder "just in case" and also to sprinkle in the tennis shoes every night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I'M TELLING!!!
    You are so baaaaaaad!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Something I use every summer - I wear pants in the winter so it's not an issue, but in summer I live in dresses - I have a separate anti-perspirant (like Lady Speed Stick) and I use that. Make certain it's not the gel, though. The solid is better for that purpose. I just apply it every morning like I do regular deoderant and it works for me.

I also used BodyGlide for my feet this past trip and found it worked excellently.
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

A&D diaper rash ointment! However, the substance is kind of oily and has an odor. It's probably better to soothe overnight.
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: