Quantcast I need a good shove...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need a good shove...

Let me start off my mentioning how badly I procrastinate. But not for the purpose of putting it off (well, not completely anyways...)... I write papers SOOOOOO much better when I have literally hours to do it. Like, my term paper that was due last Saturday--I researched and wrote it in 7.5 hours, with breaks, 9 pages long... got a 95 on it. If I take my time on a paper though, I do no better than a B or so... I don't get it.

So anyways, I have a term paper... HUGE term paper due on Saturday by midnight. I started it last night because this is all statistics and correlations and stuff. I can do it. I just am not really motivated because it isn't the day of. However, if I know that if I wait until tomorrow morning to start it, I will never finish it in time.

So someone give me a kick in the butt.

That is all.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop posting on Intercot and go work on your paper!!!!!

Thank about how happy you will be when it's done. The sooner you start on it, the sooner you will finish it. Then you can celebrate!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

but posting on intercot is so much more fun...lol and interesting. i'm sorry, but i could care less about the standard deviation and correlation coefficient of SAT test scores between males and females... we all know girls are smarter...
    Day trips:

Post Thanks / Like

DO YOUR PAPER!!!!! Honestly unless you need the internet to research, I would disconnect it. I had to do that a few times myself. It's so easy when you're already on the computer to say "Hey I'll just see what's new online" and then your sucked in for another hour. YOU CAN DO IT! Think how happy you'll be when you can relax and have some of your Saturday left to enjoy instead of working to the last minute.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Do your paper....

Besides....we spring "back" Saturday night so you're gonna lose an hour....so you have to prepare to lose the hour....busy busy!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you will be done with your paper by the time you read this so you won't need this push to get the paper done. Even if I was like you. If I waited to the last minute I got A's if I actually did it over time I got B's or worse.

Anyways do your paper. Better to get it done and a B in stead of not getting it done at all.

Good luck!
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

The best I ever pulled off was doing two term paspers in one night.
    I cut my first class to finish typing it in the library, turned it in to the teacher as class let out, went to my second period to turn that paper in, cut class, and crashed in the college union building for 6 hours.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

I actually finished the paper about 6.5 hours ago... Pretty durn good paper too.

So I took about 8.5 hours on this paper. Man, I am awesome.

Thanks for everyone motivating me... lol

I AM DONE WITH TERM 3!!! I GET A WEEK OFF AND THEN... term 4 begins. poo.
    Day trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool beans. Glad you finished. Can I get a kick now? I have a Trig exam in the morning but I am not motivated at all to study!
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncscgirl2005 View Post
    Cool beans. Glad you finished. Can I get a kick now? I have a Trig exam in the morning but I am not motivated at all to study!
    Here is your kick.... GET TO WORK....

Glad your paper is finished. I know how easy it is to wait but you do get into trouble if your computer crashes before it's due
    Start learning to work on outlines and jotting down your thoughts. If you go on to do a thesis you will need to prepare for this.
    I was required to "volunteer" an hour a week at the info desk at the library so I heard lots of stories like the college freshman who ran in asking where we kept the cliff notes b/c she had an English paper due in an hour and hadn't read the book.... She was the queen of procrastination! A great way to end up out of school too.
    We sing a little song here when we procrastinate. It goes to the tune of Imagination! It's called procrastination.... Can't tell you the lyrics because I'm still procrastinating on writing those down. We just sort of make them up as we go....
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same way as you...I took a class on chinese history when I was working on my first degree. The papers were all book reports. The first one I read the book, wrote the paper a week ahead of time, revised...he said it didn't have enough depth. The second I didn't read more than 2 chapters and basically wrote the paper of the back of the book...I got a better grade! I know how you feel.
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: