Quantcast How do you spend your time at WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you spend your time at WDW?

I'm sure this has been posted before in some sort of manner. But, I was curious how others spend their time while at WDW? Are you a up early in the morning and straight to the parks, or do you go later in the morning and stay until closing. Or, some combination thereof?

We usually go non-stop except to sleep at night the entire trip, tiring ourselves out almost completely. We will sleep most of the way home on the plane. It's like when we're in Disney, we have this energy level to go and see and do as much as possible. Not that we're commando, trying to squeeze everything in as possible, but we definitely stay until park closing every night. Throughout the days, we usually take a couple of breaks in a hammock or lounge chair or a long mid-afternoon lunch or something similar.

Funny story (kinda). On our last trip we took some friends who were, as they put it, "in better shape than us". Funny thing is though, we were out-walking them and out-lasting them in the parks every day. They would want to get to the parks around 9, when we usually go later, but we adjusted for them. But, then they were ready to leave around 8, and we were still going strong. Several times they left early and went back to the room to rest.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Time at Parks

We are usually up early every morning...how late we stay depends on whether we are staying for Fantasmic, Illuminations or Wishes...we've never stayed past any of these shows...I understand with extra hours that some people are at the parks for 16-20 hours but a 12-14 hr day is usually our average, we do not generally take naps in the middle of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

We're usually up pretty early most days. Grab a quick breakfast in our hotel rooms...poptart, granola bars..and then it's off to a full day at one of the parks. Never really been much for park hopping so we usually go where there are EMH, either AM or PM. We always do a CS for lunch and then TS for dinner. Typically we're at the park until closing or pretty close to it. If we do happen to leave early our girls like to do the gift shop at the hotel or swim, weather permitting. I guess you can say we try to squeeze in as much magic as time permits. Although we are guilty of sleeping in a day or two, sometimes til ten if we're just really tired. LoL! 10:00 is waaaayyy late for us,
    CTennant

~For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Our first several trips, we got up around 6 a.m., had a light breakfast at the hotel, then headed for the parks. We would not go back to our room until at midnight or after. We now don't push ourselves so much. We get up around 8 a.m. and head out, but we take a rest mid day or go to do some resort hopping mid day, then change parks for the evening and get back around 10 p.m.

Post Thanks / Like

We're late goers to the parks. DH & DS usually sleep late. I get up in the morning and head out to the pool to get some . Sometimes I'll get up and run. No I'm not a crazed runner, but we tend to go in late April and I have a race every Mother's Day.

When DS & DH finally wake up they'll come down to the pool and hang out. We usually eat lunch at our resort and then head over in the afternoon to the parks.

The only time we've ever gotten up and moving quickly was when we headed out to the water parks. I need that prime tanning location don't want to be stuck in the shade. Eventually I have to get out of the wave pool at TL.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We go with the mood, depending. The first day, we head straight for the MK, take a brief break, head to Epcot and stay to closing. The second day, we're up early and off to a park.

After that, we usually sleep late and get to a park around ten. We typically do a park from 10-2, rest at the resort from 2-4, and head to a different park for the rest of the night with a late dinner break or a post-park dinner break depending on closing times. Mid-week, we'll have a day at the resort without park time or with just one park. I work out the ADR schedule and we work around that, but otherwise wing it as far as what park or if we'll take extra resort time.

We're strictly Poly or GF vacationers now, so we do love our time at the resort as well as our time at the parks. We're not commando park people, but we do end up doing our favorites in each park two, three, four or more times a trip. And some fine dining options are on our priority list, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We usually get down to the food court for breakfast at about 9am. After that head out to one of the parks. Sometimes we'll take a mid afternoon break and then back to the parks. We always stay for sure till fireworks and illuminations are over.

Post Thanks / Like

We tend to hit the parks when they open. We eat a quick breakfast in our room (pop-tarts, cinnamon rolls, etc.) We are able to hit many of the most popular rides before the lines get too long. Being from the West Coast this is especially hard the first few days.

As we became more experienced WDW visitors, we lengthened the number of days for our visits. Now we don't try to cram as much stuff into each day. We are usually done with a park by late afternoon or early evening (especially AK or DHS). We head back to the hotel, get freshened up and maybe grab something to eat. After some relaxation, we either head to a park that is open late or get in some miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens.

With the longer stays, we avoid the parks on the weekend. Weekends become our resort and tourist shopping days. We also break up the week with a visit to one of the water parks.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    DLR - AP
    Walt Disney World
    May 1988, 2000, 2003, Oct 2006 - Offsite
    May 1990 - Cruise/CBR
    May 2006 - POR & Swan
    May 2007 - Tokyo Disney Sea
    Jan 2009, May 2010, Jan 2013, May 2015 - Swan
    Sept 2016 - Wyndham Grand BC/Swan
    Sept 2018 - Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

We like to get up early, be at the park for opening, return to the resort to sleep, swim, relax, then return to the parks in the evening. Fun times. It doesn't always go this way, but we really enjoy our trips when it does!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We always get up early and have breakfast at our resort and then head to whichever park has emh. Last yr we did have breakfast at Crystal Palace one morning and we really enjoyed that. Ever since our kids were little we have been going back to the resort for an afternoon break and even now that they are grown we still seem to need that much needed break. We sometimes have dinner at the resort and then head back to one of the parks. Last yr was the first time we made adrs. Not a fan of scheduled meals, I would rather just wing it. We sometimes stay for the fireworks but have never stayed until the parks closed.
    1977 - Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    1978 - Offsite (can't remember where)
    1987 - Hilton
    1989 - Polynesian
    1991 - Dolphin
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995 - Wilderness Lodge
    1997 - Contemporary
    2000 - Polynesian
    2002 - Contemporary
    2007 - Polynesian
    2013 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually up early and they drag me kicking and screaming out of the parks at closing I go back to my room sleep a few hours and repeat.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We are there from opening to closing
    POP Century - September 2006
    POP Century - September 2009
    POP Century - September 2011
    Port Orleans Riverside - September 2013
    POP Century - September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Open to close for us as well, but we tend to take our time and enjoy the surroundings. Not much rushing from attraction to attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

We are up and at parks at opening... but do take a break every afternoon. Even if it is just to swim, just get out of the hustle and bustle of the park. We go in November, so the parks are not open late anyhow. We usually just have breakfast in the room(except for an occasional character breakfast) and then ahve an early lunch at 11am
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

We arrive at the given park at opening. We're usually done by 3 or so, head back to the hotel, maybe take a swim, maybe a nap (but not for awhile - too much fun to be had!), and either have dinner at the hotel, or go back to a park for the evening festivities.

The only consistant is getting there first thing. The parks start getting much more crowded around mid-morning due to the later sleepers ( I save that for weekends at home!), so we really enjoy our mornings.
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

with the long lines, we want to do as much as we can. from opening to closeing, EMH, and so on...we are always doing somethng.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the time of year we go.
    If it is the summer months (HOT) and the parks are open for longer hours we usually get up early and are at the parks when they open. We like to take advantage of the EMH's. We usually take a break at mid-day for a short nap at the resort and then head back to the parks until they close.
    During the cooler months, we don't get as tired so we are usually at the parks from the time they open until the time they close.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We get to the parks around opening time and stay until they kick us out:secret

We try to capture all the magic each & every trip, because we never know when we'll get back.

We eat breakfast around 8 or so, get a snack early afternoon and then look forward to a great TS at one of the fantastic restaurants on property. At this point, we are charged up to stay at the parks until they close!

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We are usually up around 7 am with our girls, eat bkfst in the room (unless we have a special character bkfst booked) and then try to catch a bus around 8:30 or 8:45 to get to the parks by 9:00 or so. There are often a day or two, though, where we all just sleep in and don't get to a park until 10:00... sometimes you just have to catch up a little!! but we definitely stay until closing at whatever park we're at, or leave one to go to another that is open later... we rarely head back to our room early. And just like you - we find that there is some eternal, magical well that just keeps filling us up with energy when we're at Disney - even our girls don't get worn out, and they're 6 and 9!! We just keep going, and sleep well... and we also do take breaks during the day to just people watch and catch our breath. That definitely helps us keep going!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

It differs for us day to day and trip to trip. We almost never go all day and night. During our trip last summer we did a water park every morning and we were there at opening till lunch, back to hotel and parks in the evening. In Feb we stayed at the parks most of the day, evening dinner at a Resort and DTD after. In two weeks, my oldest will be there with his school band so we will do whatever my DS11 wants. Grandma and Grandpa will be there as well so DW and I will take off for Tampa on Sat and see the Yankees, then dinner at Narcosees. I will on occasion take one or both of my sons and do a very late EMH at the MK.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: