Quantcast fridge for insulin

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default fridge for insulin

My family and I are staying at All Star Movies in December and my dad is an insulin dependent diabetic. Will they provide a fridge for him to keep his medicine in, or is the only way to get one is to pay the extra money a night?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is for a medical necessity they will provide a fridge free of charge. It may be one of those small ones that just fits medicine.
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at POP with someone who needed to keep their insulin in a refrigerator. I explained that when I booked the room and they said because it was for medical reasons there would be no charge.
    When we checked out they had mistakenly added the cost of the frig. to our bill but when I called down to the front desk they removed the charge with no problems.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

As said above, please do keep in mind that this is a little medical fridge, not one of the big ones you can keep a lot of drinks, etc in. Be sure the fridge need is noted on the reservation so that you don't run the risk of missing out. Also, if you arrive before your room is ready be sure you have the insulin stored in something that you can give to the baggage folks. They will go ahead and put the insulin in their fridge with your name on it and you can stop by to pick it up later. That way you don't run the risk of the insulin getting warm while you're at the park or waiting on your room to be ready.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

thanks for the great info!!

Post Thanks / Like

I requested a fridge for insulin on my ressie for last October . It took two phone calls after I got there, but I got a dorm fridge that we also kept some drinks in. I don't know if we got lucky or not.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

When I was with my dad we traveled with a cooler. I also use those little cold packs so that when we travel we keep it cool in the car or in storage when we are there. My dad preferred to eat breakfast close to the resort so he could go back to the room and take his insulin injection after eating. He didn't want to run the risk of taking it early and having to wait a long time to eat, especially b/c his sugar is lower upon waking. In the evening he would take it before eating sometimes but it depended on the schedule. He didn't want to take needles into the park and worry about disposing sharps ( plus he likes my mom to do it b/c he doesn't like to give himself the injection).
    Everyone is off schedule and things are different so it helps to remember to plan ahead so you don't have to run back to the room.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I requested a fridge for insulin on my ressie for last October . It took two phone calls after I got there, but I got a dorm fridge that we also kept some drinks in. I don't know if we got lucky or not.
    That is the same size we got when we requested one. We had to make one phone call and it arrived in about 10 minutes. I was impressed by that.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We also got one free of charge when we stayed at Pop. It was the dorm size one and the insulin and my husband did great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping we can get one free of charge, too.

If it's small, it doesn't really matter, but I must admit I was hoping for a larger/dorm one (can't hurt crossing my fingers, can it?)

I'm on thyroid (natural hormone) therapy and need one. I told my travel planner and she told me that I may or may not be charged depending on what the resort decides (!) I was a little surprised to hear that - does anyone know if the resort often decides NOT to grant a fridge at no cost when there's a medical reason?

We'll be staying at Pop. If we were going to be at a Mod (like POFQ) I wouldn't worry, because it'd be in the room as a standard feature. This trip, however, is on a shoestring and I'm hoping not to have to pay for the fridge!!

-Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

You should NOT be charged for it!

When we were at check in (at POP) we told them a fridge was needed for the insulin and they did not charge us.

You could always call in advance to inquire about it!

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insulin

My wife and I stayed at the Pop in 2006. I am a diabetic, so when we booked there, we asked if we could get a fridge for my insulin. They told us that they could get us a medical fridge and there would be no charge for it. When we checked in, we were told the fridge would be there shortly. So, we got to the room and very soon after, the fridge was delivered. It was a dorm fridge! I was surprised that it wasn't a smaller one, but I was happy because I was able to keep the juice that I keep around in case of low sugars cold. I greatly appreciated that! And there was no charge.

I'm sure this is what will happen in your case too.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: