Quantcast Dyson vacuum

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyson vacuum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dyson vacuum

Do any of you own a Dyson vacuum? I'm thinking of buying one. I know they are pricy, any opinions good or bad would be great. Right now I own an Oreck and I think it's time to replace it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We also went from an Oreck to a Dyson. You will notice a huge difference. My Oreck did nothing compared to the Dyson. The only benefit of the Oreck is that it is lightweight. My Dyson picks up everything. We had two dogs when we bought it, and they were serious shedders. The Dyson had no problem with picking up their fur. Now we only have one cat who doesn't shed all that much, but I still love my Dyson. Only complaint is that it's very heavy (especially compared to the Oreck!)

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE my Dyson! I've had mine for a couple of years now and haven't had one problem with it!
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Dyson and I too love it. I am always amazed at how much dirt and pet hair it picks up.

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone through 3 vaccumms in the last year (none dyson) and I borrowed my friend's dyson. We only have two rooms with carpet in them. The Dyson did work pretty good however, it was heavy and difficult to push at times.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

we just purchased a Dyson last month.

Boy... you wouldn't of thought we had ever vacumed before.

If you are thinking of purchasing one, consider home shopping network. If you google - HSN and Coupon - and it is your first purchase from them you get $50 off. We combined that with a dyson with free shipping and got a great deal on our Dyson.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Dyson almost a year ago and love it. It does a great job and worth the money. Sometimes Target has a promotion that if you buy a Dyson, you get a gift card. I got a $100 gift card when I bought mine at Target last year.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the purple version for that picks up pet hair. I absolutely love it. The first time I used it I was amazed at how much "stuff" was in the carpet. It looked like I had never
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c&d View Post
    I bought the purple version for that picks up pet hair. I absolutely love it. The first time I used it I was amazed at how much "stuff" was in the carpet. It looked like I had never
    I have the same one, The Animal, and I absolutely love it.

We bought it when we moved into our house last year. We were all allergic to something, but couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Our doctor suggested many things, including a Dyson, and it greatly improved the air quality in our home. It's great!!

șOșprprincessșOș

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought mine, I used a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond. The coupon said it excluded Dyson, but they let me use it anyway. I saved quite a lot of $$.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my Dyson (a canister model) for several years now, and I must say, I love it! It's amazing how much it picks up in terms of dust and general "stuff."
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I have the White Dyson. I LOVE LOVE it!!!

Years ago we were suckered into a Kirby ($1400.00) and when I got the Dyson It was as if we never vacummed before!

The only down side...it doen't have a light!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    The Dyson did work pretty good however, it was heavy and difficult to push at times.
    I have found that when it's difficult to push it's because it's $ucking so hard it "sticks" to the floor.

We bought a dyson a number of year ago, probably going on 5 years now and it's still going strong. One of the attachments broke, the smaller floor T shaped one, but everything else is still good. I think it's close to $15 to replace, just haven't gotten around to it. Haven't spent a dime on bags or anything else in all those years.

For us, it's been worth every penny. You only need to get what you need, the color is only to ID the version you have, but all of them are the same. It's a different accessory level that differentiates the models, and you can get all the attachments online. We own the animal, but haven't used 1/2 the tools, and we have two dogs.

If mine broke tomorrow, I would replace it within the week with another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDog View Post
    When I bought mine, I used a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond. The coupon said it excluded Dyson, but they let me use it anyway. I saved quite a lot of $$.
    Dyson's are now included in the coupons!! We were standing in line buying my Dyson and the woman behind us offered us one of hers...saved us almost $100. If you are interested or need a coupon, PM me. I've got 1/2 dozen hanging around (they also never expire...even though there is a date on it!).

As to the Dyson, like everyone else stated I was embarrassed at how much stuff it picked up the first time! I have always had a terrible time with vacs breaking on me...I must be hard on them. But so far so good with the Dyson. The cost is pretty shocking which is why I delayed the purchased for so long. I can't say it makes cleaning fun, but it isn't so bad!
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

We bought the yellow one 2 years ago. It is great.
    Our only complaint is how the handle/hose attachment pulls out and goes together - it is kind of inconvenient. However, we would definitely buy another one when the time comes.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend bought hers in November and loves it. She vaccuums every day, has 2 large hunting dogs, 2 kids and 2 cats. She says it never gives her a problem and was worth every penny.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Another Dyson owner here. Can't add too much that hasn't already been said. I love mine, it's a great vacuum!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a question....

I'm thinking of getting a Dyson myself, but the last Consumer Reports magazine says that actually a Kenmore Upright is better than the Dyson. I don't have the model off the top of my head.

I was convinced (from the commercials) that the Dyson would be the way to go, but now I'm not sure what to get...

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post
    Here's a question....

I'm thinking of getting a Dyson myself, but the last Consumer Reports magazine says that actually a Kenmore Upright is better than the Dyson. I don't have the model off the top of my head.

I was convinced (from the commercials) that the Dyson would be the way to go, but now I'm not sure what to get...
    how much $?

Bagless too?

Bagless = no ongoing money being spent.

My parents bought a Dyson, which led me to get mine.

I can say, my dyson can do what i have seen in the commercials.

When it comes down to it...

What do I think of the Dyson?

They $uck....

When it comes to vacuum cleaners... thats a good thing!

Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    We bought the yellow one 2 years ago. It is great.
    Our only complaint is how the handle/hose attachment pulls out and goes together - it is kind of inconvenient. However, we would definitely buy another one when the time comes.

Same thing here. I bought the yellow one about a year ago. It's hard to use the hose because it gets kinked but I love the vaccum.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: