Quantcast WIFI in parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: WIFI in parks

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIFI in parks

Is there WIFI access available in the parks? I want to be able to upload pic to my server from my laptop during the trip this coming October
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

ºoº It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't now of anywhere that has free WIFI, but if you're staying on property you can pay for access in your room.
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Post Thanks / Like

There is no free WiFi on property that I know of. And WiFi is oly available in many of the public areas of the deluxe hotels. In room often requires a hard wired connection, unless you are close enough to the public areas.

Cost is always $9.95 for a 24 hour period.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the link to the Intercot internet access info. WDW connectivity

As they say, its all pay for access and there is no public access WiFi in the parks though there is some at Wide World of Sports (its also pay). There is connectivity in the resort rooms via cable and some have pay for use WiFi in the common areas but not the guest rooms.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

No offense, but leave your laptop at home.

You are on vacation for crying out loud!!

That's one of the big problems nowadays, everybody feels like they have to be "connected" 24/7.
    Randy

It all started with a mouse. WD

*85 thru 98 - Offsite
    *Oct 99 - CBR
    *Aug 02 - CBR
    *May 03 - Offsite
    *May 05 - POFQ
    *Sept 05 - POFQ
    *June 07 - Offsite
    *July 07 - Offsite
    *Oct 07 - POFQ
    *Dec 07 - Offsite
    *May 08 - Offsite
    *Sept 08 - CBR
    *May 09 - POFQ
    *Lost count!

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot imagine taking my laptop into the park.... I AM nothing short of a techno geek... but even I draw the line at a laptop in the park.
    I am such a nerd sometimes as my wife says.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie4me View Post
    No offense, but leave your laptop at home.

You are on vacation for crying out loud!!

That's one of the big problems nowadays, everybody feels like they have to be "connected" 24/7.
    I always bring my laptop on vacation. Unfortunately, Disney charges for Internet access, which is an annoying moneymaker. At the paper I work for, we cannot stay at a hotel that does not have free WiFi.

I don't think people who have their computers at Disney are necessarily technologically leashed. I just like having my laptop with me either for work or pleasure.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I take my laptop with me on vacation but leave it in the hotel (gotta download the pictures every night). I used to not bring it at all, but a few years ago, my camera bag got misplaced and the other memory cards I had in it, with pictures went missing.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie4me View Post
    . . . No offense, but leave your laptop at home . . . That's one of the big problems nowadays, everybody feels like they have to be "connected" 24/7 . . .
    1) Yep.
    2) If pictures are the probloem, just buy another memory chip.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong. Do you really need to bring a Laptop on vacation? E-mails can wait. Most are junk anyway. My wife uses a Laptop where she works and I refuse to go on vacation if she brings it with her. I don't want her working when we are on vacation. I don't care if it means her job. If you can't get your work done in 40 hours, then you need to get another job. No job is that important. My second point. Take a Digital Camera with a 2GB or 4Gb memory card. This will save you the time it takes to download pictures. Wait until you get back. I took over 2 thousand pictures back in December. When I got home I put them on CD. One time I had a boss ream me a new one because I did not call while I was on "PAID" vacation to check in and see if everything was running smoothly. Let's say I left there shortly there after. I don't even give my cell phone number out where I work. I go on vacation to get away from everyday hassles and worries Even if it means not using a computer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Do you really need to bring a Laptop on vacation? E-mails can wait. Most are junk anyway. My wife uses a Laptop where she works and I refuse to go on vacation if she brings it with her. I don't want her working when we are on vacation. I don't care if it means her job. If you can't get your work done in 40 hours, then you need to get another job. No job is that important. My second point. Take a Digital Camera with a 2GB or 4Gb memory card. This will save you the time it takes to download pictures. Wait until you get back. I took over 2 thousand pictures back in December. When I got home I put them on CD. One time I had a boss ream me a new one because I did not call while I was on "PAID" vacation to check in and see if everything was running smoothly. Let's say I left there shortly there after. I don't even give my cell phone number out where I work. I go on vacation to get away from everyday hassles and worries Even if it means not using a computer.
    Some of us have our own businesses and dont get a paid vacation, some of us have to bring laptops so we have a business to go back to. Unlike an employee that gets a paid vacation we who have our own businesses pay for our time off as well as the trip, so I'm sure you can see why we may need to bring our laptops to keep up on emails, keep in touch with clients etc. My wife called work every day on our trip, although she did make full partner, never complained one bit nor did I. Thats what it takes sometimes to keep or land a great job, get great pay, great bonuses and great benefits. So as you can see not all of us are lucky enough to be able to SHUT WORK OFF while on vacation. I myself don't mind checking in as that allows me to take 2 - 10 day trips to the world every year as well as 2 additional weeks elsewhere, some times you got to give a little to get a little.
    BC DVC Member10/06 BLT Member1/09
    Outside Park New Years 03
    PO 10/03 PO 10/04 HONEYMOOM PC 12/05 PC 12/06 BC 1/07 BCV 11/07 BCV 02/08
    BCV 11/08 SS 2/09
    NEVER ENOUGH!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Von-Drake View Post
    Oh, I take my laptop with me on vacation but leave it in the hotel (gotta download the pictures every night). I used to not bring it at all, but a few years ago, my camera bag got misplaced and the other memory cards I had in it, with pictures went missing.

Yep we bring ours too but strictly for uploading pictures only. Last year when we went to the World I was still in summer school (online classes) but I didn't feel guilty about not checking in not one day.

However, to answer the OP's question: I am with the other posters; I don't think there is free WI-FI. I did inquire about it for the room and it was $9.95 per day.
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Free Internet for DVC members in DVC units.
    BC DVC Member10/06 BLT Member1/09
    Outside Park New Years 03
    PO 10/03 PO 10/04 HONEYMOOM PC 12/05 PC 12/06 BC 1/07 BCV 11/07 BCV 02/08
    BCV 11/08 SS 2/09
    NEVER ENOUGH!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    My wife uses a Laptop where she works and I refuse to go on vacation if she brings it with her.
    Cool, a whole week home alone by yourself. I have to remember that one.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Cool, a whole week home alone by yourself. I have to remember that one.
    °O° Von Drake °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Don't some of the non-Disney "trendy" restaurants have WIFI? Like Starbucks and such?
    Write it on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Next trip...
    May 2016 - Pop Century
    Last trip...
    June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village
    Many before that I can't remember dates...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: