Quantcast Bathrooms at DLR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bathrooms at DLR

I was so interested in the WDW bathroom thread that i wanted to see where everyones favorites are at DLR.
    I don't know if i have favorites, rather i just have "most visited and convenient". The big bathroom near the entrance of Adventureland. These are sometimes crowded but they are so spacious you can always find a tiny bit of privacy in the back. And the bathrooms after Space Mountain, all the excitement makes me have to go. Also the ones at the entrance to Tommorowland.
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bathrooms @ DLR

By far my favorite is at the entrance to Fantasyland across from Matterhorn...the Queen of Hearts bathroom! I love the red and black tiles and how the doors on the stalls look like playing cards. Way cute!!! I always make a "pit stop" there.
    Last edited by SharaLynn; 02-27-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo

Disneyland Season Pass Holder since 2007(A dream come true!)
    1st Trip to WDW~December 1988
    2nd~All- Star Movies~ Christmas 2007
    Next~All-Star Music~ March 2012

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

NOS near the train station.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh i love the queen of hearts bathroom! Though i rarely use it. Also the GCH lobby bathroom is very nice.
    Ariel

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed this bathroom on Monday.

The one in DCA at the entrance plaza...if you look at the top of the tile wall, near the ceiling, there is a very nice pattern there! Very beachy. I'd never noticed it before and it's really nice!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if I really have a favorite but I always seem to have to "go" in Critter Country. The bathrooms under the Hungry Bear are always empty.

Post Thanks / Like

The closest one!

Procrastination or efficency... you make the call.

The ones at Rancho are almost unknown. Very
    spacious and spotless every time.
    Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggyDude View Post

\

Oh....I almost forgot about those.

Post Thanks / Like

By far my favorite is the one downstairs at Ariel's Grotto. It is so pretty! And I have visited it often when hanging out at the Cove Bar.

The Queen of Hearts ones are cool as well!

Post Thanks / Like

That's my "most visited and convenient" - as it's the closest to the Horseshoe.

As far as a favorite goes I too would have to say The Queen of Hearts bathroom.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

The closest one!

Procrastination or efficency... you make the call.

I'll have to agree with that, DBD!

I always like to visit the tiny bathroom down the alley on the side of the Bank of Main Street. It has sentimental value to me. When I would visit Disneyland as a kid, I always remember my Mom wanting us to stop at this first bathroom immediately upon entering the park so that there wouldn't be the "I have to go!" type of incident while standing in line for the first attraction.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post

I always like to visit the tiny bathroom down the alley on the side of the Bank of Main Street.
    I just visited that bathroom today! Is it weird that I was thinking about this post on Intercot while I was in there? Should I get some professional help?

What I was thinking is "I love how this bathroom is NEVER crowded and in the summer, it is always SO nice and cold in here...I should post that on Intercot when I get home."

I need a hobby.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

i have a very small bladder so i know all of the bathrooms really well...haha. and my husband knows the areas near the bathrooms pretty well since he's always standing around waiting for me.

i use the one entering tomorrowland a lot. and the one after space mountain. and the one right inside frontierland.

i like the one by pinocchio's village haus because even when it seems crowded...it's not. a lot of people don't realize that there's a whole second row of stalls on the left side.

and the one in hungry bear is usually empty at night.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guide to waiting outside the restrooms

Disneyland has quite a few restrooms and most, though not all, of them have ample seating for those of us that must wait. This can get a little boring and uncomfortable after awhile so you're going to want to visit restrooms with the best seating and people viewing. Here they are in no particular order.

1. New Orleans Square (near the train station) is one of the worst. It's pretty much standing room only outside and everybody is pretty close to each other so you can't stare at anybody without being obvious. Make your way to number 2.

2. Hungry Bear Restaurant has some well hidden restrooms on the lower level and there is also plenty of seating. It's covered so on hot days it's rather pleasant. This is my favorite bathroom to wait outside of.

3. Village Haus Restaurant near the rear entrance to Frontier Land is a frequent stop for my better half and on less crowded days you can sit at the tables under an umbrella. There's also some shade if you sit on the wall near the vendors that obscure the old entrance to the Fantasy Land Skyway. People watching is always good here but the Village Haus chairs are very uncomfortable.

4. Adventureland has some restrooms at the entrance. These are in a high traffic area and can be a little crowded. There is a little bit of seating on the rock wall out front of it. You'll probably have to stand but the incredible people watching is a decent trade.

5. Tomorrow Land has a bathroom right at the entrance that is tucked away. It's part of the mainstreet restaurant that I can never remember because we never eat there. There isn't any seating except for a very narrow rail. You can sit at the restaurant's outside seating but the people watching is terrible. Avoid this men's room as well. It smells really bad.

6. Space Mountain has a bathroom at the exit. It's tucked away from everything else and you can usually find a place to sit unless the handicapped entrance to Space Mountain is backed up.

7. Innoventions has a bathroom outside of the attraction that can be found on the way towards the Autopia and Tomorrowland train station. It's tucked away and I never see much of a crowd in front of it. There is always a place to sit but not many people to look at especially with the close quarters. The most exciting thing I've ever seen back there was a guy dressed like Wesley Snipes in Blade. He was totally serious about it. His wife didn't seem to mind.

8. Alice in Bathroom Land is another common stop and doesn't really seem to have too many people waiting around. I've always been able to find a seat nearby and the people watching can be pretty good. The parade also goes by this way so it's easy to get trapped.

9. It's a Small World has a bathroom nearby but there isn't any seating at all. People watching is good since there is always some kid getting spanked but that's about it.

10. Toontown has a bathroom at the faux filling station. There isn't any nearby seating here but oddly enough there are a lot of mullets to look at.

11. The Mexican Food place has a bathroom nearby that blends the wonderful smell of Mexican food with stale air freshener and doodie. There isn't any seating and you can sometimes smell the bathroom. Around the corner from there is a magical bathroom for your and your family.

12. The Magical Secret Bathroom is in the Carnation Plaza theater area. It's tucked back in the corner and is incredible clean and quiet. It's Disneyland's only family bathroom and is not listed on the maps. I consider myself as part of a family and I have been known to use it when there isn't a line. It's not well known so you can usually go right in unless it's a busy day at the park.

13. The Emporium has a bathroom located between the Watch shop and the Blue Ribbon Bakery. As long as the restaurant isn't opened you can sit at the tables. Not very much people watching but if you have to go it isn't very crowded.

14. The Bank of Mainstreet has a nice hidden bathroom off the side near one of the cast area entrances. There isn't any place to sit but on a hot day you can stand near the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln exit and feel a cool breeze coming through the doors.

15. City Hall has a bathroom with a few benches outside but I usually stand inside City hall, especially if it's hot outside, to listen to people complain. This is a frequent stop when my wife and I are leaving the park and I've heard some fantastic griping from angry guests. I'll have to post some of them one of these days.

I think that's all of them. I won't mention the other secret bathrooms inside the Enchanted Tiki Room and Aladdin's Oasis since you can't just stroll in whenever you want to go and there really isn't a "waiting experience" unless you're watching the show. As far as bathrooms go though they're very clean and the water is quite warm.
    I just made a clever comment on the interwebs!

Post Thanks / Like

This new fascination with the Happiest Facilities on Earth makes me really wonder about you people.

But, since we already have a DLR Bathrooms thread going, I am merging these to keep the fun more centrally located.

Flush on.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

Mine was more about the "out of potty experience" but I guess they can be in the same spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4fun View Post
    Mine was more about the "out of potty experience" but I guess they can be in the same spot.
    Yes they can be, DLR Bathroom is now the catch all for discussion of who/what/where/when/why of all things Toilet.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cruella Bathroom

A really cool bathroom is the one on Hollywood Backlot (DCA) next to Cruella's trailor. It is totally in theme with black and white and spots.

The worst bathroom in my opinion is the one by Autopia. It always stinks.

Otherwise, I'm like others here - I go for whichever one is in close proximity when nature calls.
    Premium Passholder 9 years and counting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh wow!

I just realized that i have not been in every men's room at Disneyland! I've been to the park hundreds (though I may have crossed the 1000 threshold) of times and I've only used a few of the facilities. I'm a former AP holder and I'm used to shorter trips. I only lived about 10 minutes away from the park so I rarely had to go when I was there. I guess I have a new goal since I've stepped foot on just about every other area on the park. If anybody can think of anything else I may have missed let me know.

Yay! New stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quest4fun your post was hilarious and had me Rolling on the floor. I didn't even know about some of those bathrooms at all. And i thought i knew every single restroom location too...I'm gonna have to explore these hidden gems next trip!
    Ariel

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: