Quantcast What is up with April 16th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is up with April 16th

I just looked at all the scheduled events for April 16th in the Magic Kingdom and there are no parades or fireworks on April 16th. Anyone have any idea why?
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

according to disney.com It's Pirates and Princesses Party. The Dream Comes True Parade is at 3.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

It's the Pirate & Princess Party. MK closes at 7 for regular day guests, the evening parade and fireworks will be for those attending the party. I hope to catch the fireworks from the Cali Grill, if i can talk my boys out of EMH at AK that same evening.

Post Thanks / Like

That kind of bums me out. Our last day on vacation is usually spent in MK until closing.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Von-Drake View Post
    That kind of bums me out. Our last day on vacation is usually spent in MK until closing.
    You could buy tickets to the Pirate and Princess Party. That would be a totally awesome way to end vacation as you could literally be the last person in the Magic Kingdom if you try hard enough. It's probably not the best idea if you've got an early flight though.

Don't let it ruin your trip though. Head over to a different park that night and start a new tradition!
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

We will probably head to a different park and see where it goes from there. I the Pirates and Princess Party only occurred in just a portion of the park, or that only people with special tickets would receive the pieces of treasure.
    °O° Von Drake °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Von-Drake View Post
    We will probably head to a different park and see where it goes from there. I the Pirates and Princess Party only occurred in just a portion of the park, or that only people with special tickets would receive the pieces of treasure.
    No, this isn't true. The P&P is like any other hard ticket event. Most of the MK is open during the event, except the smaller attractions (Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, ect...). The "treasure" is actually just candy and plastic jewelry that anyone attending the event can go around and collect, similar to the treats handed out during the x-mas & halloween party. They host a special fireworks show, and the parade gets held twice during the night.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    No, this isn't true. The P&P is like any other hard ticket event. Most of the MK is open during the event, except the smaller attractions (Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, ect...). The "treasure" is actually just candy and plastic jewelry that anyone attending the event can go around and collect, similar to the treats handed out during the x-mas & halloween party. They host a special fireworks show, and the parade gets held twice during the night.
    Sorry I meant to type "I thought the"
    Just a type-o.
    °O° Von Drake °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard on a very reliable podcast that one perk of going to this party is that all the major attractions are open with little or no wait. I haven't been, so I can say personally-maybe someone with first hand experience will come along and say for sure. The way they were talking about it, reminded me of the old E-Ride nights. I wish they still had those.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

you can buy the tickets for about $58 and only visit the park from 4pm till midnight, instead of paying the full day, and the p&p tickets on top of that! This also allows you to do some other tings during the day, and you can still go to MK on your last day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jefmblrd View Post
    one perk of going to this party is that all the major attractions are open with little or no wait.
    Yes, similar to the old E-ride nights, and the same as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Of course, some nights (weekends v. weeknights for example) are more crowded than others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    Sadly, no more candy... some survey or something they said--parents said they didn't want candy being given out. Dunno who they asked on this one. So you get beads. Lots and lots of beads. On Jan 21 we got plastic gems too, but we went again on Feb 26 and we only got the beads and no little bag to put them in like in Jan...

Also, the parade only goes on once. I wish they did it twice... my DD loves seeing the pirates!

Captain Jack is also out and you can only see him at the parties. Be aware---LONG LINES for him unless you wait until the end of the night.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record, looks like we decided to go ahead and buy tickets for the Pirates and Princess Party! Must say I am really looking forward to it now.
    °O° Von Drake °O°

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: