Quantcast Russia being added to World Showcase? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Russian food would be too close to German food, IMHO. As I am Ukrainian, we have always avoided the Germany restaurants because we can go to my grandmother's and get very similar cuisine.

Africa would be nice, but there is AKL. I vote for South America (Peru, Brazil, Argentina?)

Lately I've had a hinkering for Greek food, throw in some mythology and history and a Greece Pavillion would be awesome. Might be difficult to get Greece to invest right now though....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    33?
    That's what I thought too, Mel! But then everyone said that there is actually a lot of space between each current pavilion that could be used. I wish I could find the thread where people were referencing some information on it.....

Edit: Okay I just did some reading online. It was supposed to have 31 countries, not 33. Still, that's a lot!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Edit: Okay I just did some reading online. It was supposed to have 31 countries, not 33. Still, that's a lot!
    It doesn't make sense, does it? I mean, with 31 pavilions World Showcase should be a separate park, and impossible to visit in one day. Can you imagine the new Magic Your Way packages??
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

they planned for a few other countries to be added when they first opened WS. There is space for them. I heard that a few diff ones were planned for the opening of Epcot. And there have been rumors for yrs of others.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a bit out of topic, cause I'll mention resorts instead of pavilions, but I found interesting to mention an old book I had in my old boxes, just dusted off, it's called A Complete Edition about Walt Disney World, The Vacation Kingdom of the world.

It's a thin 20 pages book from 1969, with a message of Roy Disney. It just mention EPCOT with no detail, but what I found interesting (and about countries) is that the initial idea of resorts include 5: Polynesian, Contemporary, Persian, Asian and Venetian, with coloured pics of the models.
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

shouldnt this be moved to news/rumors section. there is no proof and no official news.

unfortunately...

I say bring it on!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Let us not forget they wanted to add Switzerland to World Showcase also. With it's own Matterhorn Bobsleds.

I want to say that video was from 1990ish. They show Port Orleans and Dixie Landings under construction. The Yacht was nearing completion and The Boardwalk was not going to be a hotel.
    1989 - Poly
    1990 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2000 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter

C - completely
    U - useless
    B - by
    S - September

Post Thanks / Like

We took the segway tour in October and were told that no new countries are being added any time soon. In order to add a country they must put up most of the money and at that point nothing was in the works. The last country that was on board to be added backed out. It was Spain. Some how I don't see Russia putting up money in EPCOT.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at a map of world showcase or take a peek on google earth you'll see there is a ton of space between each country. I think we've grown accustomed to having a nice division and space between the countries, but maybe the original intent was to have one right after the other. Boom boom boom no space in between. My guess is that's why they approached so many countries to fill in world showcase.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    We took the segway tour in October and were told that no new countries are being added any time soon. In order to add a country they must put up most of the money and at that point nothing was in the works. The last country that was on board to be added backed out. It was Spain. Some how I don't see Russia putting up money in EPCOT.
    Yep! There was even a temporary Spain pavilion for a little while, (it was sometime in the early to mid 2000's). I think they had it up during the Food and Wine Festival. I guess it didn't do too well. I was living in Orlando at the time, my husband worked for Disney, so I visited the parks often. I wasn't impressed with the Spain pavilion, maybe it would be different if it wasn't a temporary one though, (at TS restaurant really helps!).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by villavic View Post
    It doesn't make sense, does it? I mean, with 31 pavilions World Showcase should be a separate park, and impossible to visit in one day. Can you imagine the new Magic Your Way packages??
    That's a good point. It took me two days to get through the 11 countries last summer, and I still feel like I didn't spend enough time in a few of them.

I'm still hoping for a Brazil Pavilion, because I'm really looking forward to getting a Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bikini Wax.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Yep! There was even a temporary Spain pavilion for a little while, (it was sometime in the early to mid 2000's). I think they had it up during the Food and Wine Festival. I guess it didn't do too well. I was living in Orlando at the time, my husband worked for Disney, so I visited the parks often. I wasn't impressed with the Spain pavilion, maybe it would be different if it wasn't a temporary one though, (at TS restaurant really helps!).
    The reason there isn't a pavilion for Spain isn't because the temp one didn't do well. According to our tour guide it was because Spain began to have civil unrest and they pulled out of the deal.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: