Quantcast The perfect bag?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question The perfect bag?

It seems I am always on the lookout for the "perfect" bag to carry when we are at Disney World. I would like a small cross body bag that zippers closed (so nothing can fly out on RRC) and that is light weight. I bought one 2 years ago that is a great size but it is leather and too heavy. I carry only a few things: cell phone, chap stick, small bottle of sunscreen, tiny hand sanitizer, purse-size brush, money and tickets/cards. Not much else.
    Any suggestions??
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 bags that are exactly as you describe. The only thing is I can shove my camera in mine as well if I choose. But they are definitely small enough that I can fit them in rides with me without even taking them off.
    One is by "Concourse" although upon googling I can't seem to find anything on that brand. The other one is a really plain bag from Travel Smith. I was just on their website and I found it a bit hard to navigate. Maybe you could request one of their magazines. There is also a website called ebags. They carry designer purses and some can be on the expensive side but there is a large selection of cross body bags. There is a bag on there by Fossil called "Reagan Traveler" that is $35 and seems to be the right size for what you need. The front pouch appears to snap but the main pouch is zippered. Good luck on your search!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had bought a Baggallini Messenger sling bag. It was really nice but to small for me. It might be just right for you. Go to ebags and look from there. They had alot of nice colors too. The bag had alot of pockets and places to stash things and it was light weight. I think I had the nylon. I prefer a bigger bag since we stick alot in the bag by the end ofthe day. They are having a sale so check it out

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a small, cheap canvas bag at Target and modified it to fit my needs. It only cost about $6.00. I haven't used it yet but it seems like it will work out well for me. I have a Baggallini large wallet bag and hate it - it's heavy and awkward and my stuff doesn't fit. I'm in the process of reworking it to see if I can make it suit my needs a bit better but it might work out well for you since you don't carry much. Just a tip on the Baggallini bags - the microfiber is heavier than the nylon and it is a noticable difference in the weight - I wish mine were the nylon.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I forgot, I usually do have a camera too -- thanks for reminding me PirateLover! Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should check out the bags made by Maxpedition. They are expensive, but it will most likely be the last bag you ever own. They are a little rugged looking but look great on both men and women.

For the ladies out there I would suggest the Fat Boy ($70) or the Jumbo Fat Boy ($90) (includes bottle holder).

For the men I would suggest the Collossus ($120), which is what I carry at the parks. It is both stylish and roomy. I can even carry my DSLR W/lens in it when I feel like having a more capable camera with me.

You can purchase them at the previously mentioned E-Bags.
    OOOOHHHH, LET'S GO FLY A KITE...UP TO THE HIGHEST HIGHT...LET'S GO FLY A KITE...AND SEND IT SOOOAAARRRING....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    I had bought a Baggallini Messenger sling bag. It was really nice but to small for me. It might be just right for you. Go to ebags and look from there. They had alot of nice colors too. The bag had alot of pockets and places to stash things and it was light weight. I think I had the nylon. I prefer a bigger bag since we stick alot in the bag by the end ofthe day. They are having a sale so check it out
    I bought a Baggallini and I love it. I got the lime green. It's really a nice bag and i've never had a problem with it. I love it because it's super lightweight and has lots and lots of compartments. Ebags.com is a good place to go to and you can go through google and get a discount. I got my bag for about 24 bucks including shipping. It's smaller than your average backpack but much bigger than a fanny pack. I was able to store my cell, camera, sweatshirt, water bottle (there's a side holder), papers with our ADR times, chapstik, blah blah blah. There are two different kinds. Rip stop and nylon I think. I do believe I got whichever was cheapest. haha.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I did without a bag on our trip to Disneyland this past summer, and used convertible cargo pants. I only really needed to carry an emergency rain poncho and my camera (a Canon Powershot that easily fits in a cargo pocket.) It worked out well for me, and helped speed up going through the bag checks to enter the park.

In the past I've used a very small fanny pack.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I too am eternally on the "best" bag for Disney quest....

After I saw the pics of poeticeclipse trip, I bought the Bagallini messenger bag. Except I got a blueish/purple color...VERY lightweight LOVED it!!!

Have Fun~
    DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I found some pictures of my Baggallini. The only complain I would have would be that the buckle part that tightens and loosens the strap sometimes becomes loose. Some days it was okay but other days I felt like I was pulling it up and down too often. I think I may have just been doing it wrong. haha. Also, on the strap there is a spot for your cell phone, or chapstik, or park tickets. We used it for our park tickets so it was super easy access. The strap compartment zips... its not just open. Another side compartment is where we normally stored our cell phone.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=RnR.jpg

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...rent=Darth.jpg
    You can tell that it was loose in this picture! haha

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=622.jpg
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks ago I bought a very lightweight cross-body bag that zips across the top. It is by The Sak (it is a crochet) and I got it at TJ Maxx and paid $12.99 for it. It is lime green and has palm trees on the front. The inside has a place for a cell phone and credit cards plus an additional inside zip compartment. I plan on using it for our Oct. trip and think it will easily hold everything I take to the parks (including a camera).
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dumb and forgot to mention something else.

The reason why I got the lime green is because if I ever loose anyone in my party in a big crowd, i'm pretty easy to spot. I've seen families all have bright Baggallinies on before. I suppose it doesn't even have to be bright.. but if you do it for your family its nice if they're all the same color.
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

I think the perfect bag probably comes down to how much exactly you want to carry around with you. I like to have a bag on me just in case, but I usually try to minimize what I've got especially in the morning when I'm walking through the gates. I start out with everything in pockets and just carry a folded up drawstring knapsack (adidas) and then onces through the gates I put my stuff in it and away I go...really easy to swing in front of you when you're riding more of the active rides, easy to carry, open/close, waterproof...works out to fit my needs quite well. I usually end up putting in a few ziploc bags inside the knapsack just in case I want to have an extra layer in between my phone and Splash Mnt, but either way it works out pretty well.
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small bag like you described that holds everything I need and more. It is made by Travelon and measures 4.75 by 6.25 and is 2.5 deep. It can be used cross body or with the strap removed will go on a belt. It is leather and very light weight. The only thig is that I don't know for sure where I got it, might even have been QVC. Good luck with your search

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a medium size lightweight travel backpack on past trips and while it holds all we need for a family of 4, it is a pain taking it on and off to sit down on rides.

For our upcoming trip I got a medium sized cross shoulder bag called Juno made by Overland Equipment. The REI website has many nice bags and good sale prices. The bag is nylon and has a main zippered pouch, front zippered pouch, outside open pouch and place to hold a small water bottle on the side. It looks like it will be big enough to hold everything we need including a few snacks and ponchos if we want to bring them. Size is approx 11"x10".

Jen

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bright pink Baggelini that some other posters have mentioned. It's a great bag! A WDW info site says its the best disney bag.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Eagle Creek guide bag and got it at the Container Store. It's convertible between a shoulder sling and a fanny pack style in about 5 seconds. It's made from water-resistant fabric (It survived the Kali River Rapids) and has several zipper pouches and velcro fasteners. It's big enough to hold one bottle of water and a paperback, along with several smaller items.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Turquoise Baggallini after reading poeticeclipse's trip report. I will be using it in 26 days!!!!
    Nov. 1999 - One day trip to MK
    Aug. 2005 - All Star Movies (4 days)
    Mar. 2006 - Pop Century (5 days)
    Mar. 2007 - Pop Century (8 days)
    Mar. 2008 - Pop Century (8 days)
    June 2009 - Pop Century (8 days)

Post Thanks / Like

My very favorite bag that fits all of your requirements is the Vera Bradley mini-hipster . It is very lightweight, relatively inexpensive, and come in very pretty patterns. Check them out at the Vera Bradley's website, or your local Vera dealer. They are FABULOUS!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

During one of my interviews, they gave me a zip-around neoprene sunglass case. It is formed, kinda stiff, but not hard. Anyway it has a clip on the side and I found in desperation that it's the perfect size for a small camera, and some money. Anyway, I was able to get my hand on several of them, so I decided that at least 2 of us could carry one and we would have it all covered. They're kinda big like some of the newer hard sunglass cases are now, but it isn't bulky or anything. And we can fit small sunscreens in there as well as any batteries or eyeglasses. If 3 of us carry one, we will have plenty of storage.

Not exactly what it was made for, but it works well for this. Then we don't have to worry with a back pack or fanny pack.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: