Quantcast Has anyone ever rented a Sea Raycer??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone ever rented a Sea Raycer??

I was just wondering if anyone has rented a Sea Raycer. Are they worth the $25 for the half hour?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and DS took one out last trip from WL. They had a blast. DH even let DS (4 years old) drive for a minute

Our package for our March trip has a voucher for 90 minutes for the price of 60. I think 90 minutes might be a little long. But, DH and DS went over by the wedding pavilion at GF (there was a wedding getting pictures taken at the time and DH said he didn't realize what they were doing at first and when he did he left because he felt bad being in their pictures) and over by River Country (He said it was freaky)
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We rented the water mice at CBR (Ithink those are the same as the Sea Raycers) and had a blast. It was well worth the price, just to do something different and fun!
    AKA~Jody
    Off site-Dec 1984, Apr 1995, Nov 2000, Oct 2003, May 2004, Oct 2004, Dec 2006, Sept 2007, Sept/Oct 2008, Dec 2010, Nov 2012, Oct 2014, Dec 2017
    POP Centry- Dec 2004 (first stay onsite), Dec 2011
    CBR-Sept 2005, Dec 2005, Dec 2008, Sept 2009, Nov 2015
    AKL- Dec 2014
    Poly -May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I rented one at WL marina this past November. I cruised all around Bay Lake and the shore of Fort Wilderness. I also went around Seven Seas Lagoon. It was so fun.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

We also rode the miceboats at CBR they are sooo fun! I rent my own and its very fun to go as fast as you can! It is totally worth the money, 30 minutes might even be too long for some people! I definitley recomend these to anyone!
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I were just there last month. We used our Sea Raycer voucher at DD. My DH took our sons 4 and 7 on it. He split up the time with each one. They didn't like it all! The kids complained saying they were boring and they didn't go very fast. My kids as you can see aren't very old, and if this bored them then it couldn't have been much fun! My dh said if raycers wouldn't have been free and he would've paid for them he wouldn't have been very happy. We rented a pontoon boat last year, and felt that was way better for the price. It's a little more expensive, but worth it. If you get the free vouchers in your pkg, I would say go for it, because they're free. Why not. Otherwise, don't waste your money. Hope this helps!
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

We rented a Sea Raycer in the morning from Poly on our last trip. I think that if you are going to rent one, you have to get one from one of the MK area resorts. It was a blast riding past the entrance to MK, waving to people on the ferries, cruising by all the big resorts, and checking out the abandoned areas. I have some amazing pictures and video.
    Also we found this little outcove that no one was coming through and started spinning around in circles and jumping our wake (it is obviously a very small wake but still fun )
    I would totally do it again, although 90 mins is a bit long. We used the voucher and were probably on it for like an hour and 15 mins.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely going to have to try one of these next time...one of my first memories about Disney World was watching a special on the Disney Channel that had one of the Sea Raycers going around the 7 seas lagoon to "Born to Be Wild"- always been a dream to get one zoom around getting some fantastic pictures.
    Now, bring me that horizon... 8(:-D
    TIx2GR
    [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

We did it from the Poly last year - we rode over to WL and around there - if I remember right, we only did 30 minutes and it was plenty of time. We had lots of fun...
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this sounds like lots of fun & I think we'll give these a try this year. I'm always looking for new things for each trip. DS's are 10 & 12 & I think for us it wouldn't matter if they didn't go that fast, just to see everything from a different view point from the water would be pretty cool!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the remnants of the old wave machine on the small island in front of the Poly.

I assume it's still there.
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

can you rent them from the beach club?
    Liane

1979 fort wilderness(trailers)
    1983 off site
    2001 fort wilderness (cabins)
    2005 port orleans fq
    2007 polynesian land and sea
    2008 july beach club yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that the sea raycers can be rented at several locations, are they the same price at each? Do we need to make reservations or can we walk up and rent them?
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We have used the Sea Raycers many times when we were on the deluxe plan and it was included. They are a blast! We had so much fun riding around 7 seas lagoon! Totally worth the money!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the hours for the Sea Raycer rentals?

Post Thanks / Like

We tried the sea raycers over Thanksgiving for the first time and we were HOOKED! They were a blast!! We ended up renting them the next day too they were so much fun! We rented three each time.,..one for me, one for my DH and DS 8, and one for my girls DD 13 and DD 11. The girls were like Thelma and Louise..they got a taste of freedom on that Sea Raycer and we had trouble bringing them back in! We rented them from the Poly where we were staying and went by the WL, MK, GF, all around that area. They are so much fun, I can't say that enough!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Sea Raycers (as I still like to call them, Water Sprites). They are available at:

Yacht & Beach Club Resort
    Caribbean Beach Resort
    Contemporary Resort
    Port Orleans Resort
    Grand Floridian Resort
    Polynesian Resort
    Wilderness Lodge
    Fort Wilderness
    Old Key West Resort
    Coronado Springs Resort
    Downtown Disney® Marketplace

They are all $25/half hour. As others have said, I'd definitely recommend renting from one of the MK resorts.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

We rent them every trip. They are a blast. We also rent a pontoon boat every trip for I nice leisure ride also which is good when you just want to relax and enjoy the view.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

they always seemed like a lot of fun..
    maybe me and the soon to be hubby will try them out on our honeymoon!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have rented them at POR and WL. They are so much fun. I loved the WL ride because I rode all around FW and Seven Seas Laggon too.
    The ride from POR is down the Sassagoula River past POFQ, OKW and all the way to DTD of you want to ride that long.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP