Quantcast So, what do YOU do? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

I work Part-time (25 hours per week) for Bethany Christian Services.

We are the nation's largest Adoption Agency. I have worked here for 7 years. Adoption is a wonderful ministry and I feel so privledged and honored to have played a small role in bringing families together.

As my kids have grown I have increased my hours. Starting at 12 hours when they were little to 25 now, I still have a half-day kindergartener at home.

DH is a CAT-Scan technician for a nice area hospital.
    We are blessed.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a pharmacist who works in collaboration with the Social Services department in our hospital to assist uninsured and underinsured people with being able to afford their medications. Sometimes this means contacting the prescribers to change to a less expensive alternative and sometimes it means signing the patient up for a free program through the drug manufacturer. It's very rewarding, and the folks we help are very appreciative.

I'm also Mom to DS16 and DD12, both very heavily involved in music and theater and wife to DH who has grown to love Disney as much as the rest of us...even agreeing to buy into DVC last year!

I love to read about everyone's jobs!! This thread was a great idea!!
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    I work Part-time (25 hours per week) for Bethany Christian Services.
    My church supports Bethany, wonderful organization.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, I'm a stay-at-home mom. We moved in 2006, and I had planned to look for a job after we got settled. Unfortunately, I was very sick when we moved, and still don't quite feel like I've moved in (I still can't find things!).

Anyway, my degree is in Electrical Engineering, and I worked for an automotive parts supplier for 15 years before DD was born. I worked on instrument clusters (speedometers, gauges, etc.) for an American car company, in several different sorts of engineering (manufacturing systems, embedded software, systems, quality). I particularly enjoyed technical writing and process and procedure development.

I'm not sure what I want to do now. After 3 major illnesses in 7 years, I'm not sure that I want to go back to what I used to do (worrying about delivery dates, catering to customers, etc.). I'd like to do some freelance writing, or something else that I could do part time.
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

As my name says, I do payroll and HR for about 600 employees. All by myself. Very stressful! I also work part time for a jewelry store. That's not as stressful. And it helps me afford my Disney trips.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleCiavo View Post
    My church supports Bethany, wonderful organization.
    THANK YOU!!

We sooo depend on our church support. It is what really keeps us being able to operate.
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    So do I! I'm a small group reading teacher for struggling readers. I teach 1st through 5th graders. It's very rewarding work (not monetarily, of course).

I am also a part-time student. I'm almost done with pre-reqs for nursing school. My ultimate goal is to earn my masters and become a nurse-midwife.

Amy

You'll make it, Amy, I know it!

Look at me, one year out of school and a Charge Nurse!

PS: I kept this short, just for you!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    You'll make it, Amy, I know it!

Look at me, one year out of school and a Charge Nurse!

PS: I kept this short, just for you!
    You're so cute Morgan! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm so happy for you that you've been so successful already!

Amy

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a chemical engineer for a company that makes water treatment, antiperspirant and paper manufacturing chemicals. I am the project manager for all large scale projects we have, run the environmental program there, and also work as the technical consultant to our customers. Lots of hard work, but worth it.

DH is the VP of a PR and advertising firm.

Those are our day jobs....

We also have our own home businesses. I design clothing and sell jewelry. DH owns his own web design firm.

Needless to say...when vacation time rolls around, we really, really need it!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Today I'm referee, judge, jury, laundress, maid, dishawaher, short order Chef, snow remover, psychologist, general contractor, preschool teacher, ask dd I'm just a overall meanest person in the world (i'm good at what I do. ) ....ok if you haven't guessed I am a Stay at home mom to a dd 9, ds 4, & ds 3 (yes Irish twins as i've heard oh 100 times lately). 99.9% I wouldn't trade it for any thing in the world. However that .1% I might consider a serious offer
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    So do I! I'm a small group reading teacher for struggling readers. I teach 1st through 5th graders. It's very rewarding work (not monetarily, of course).

I am also a part-time student. I'm almost done with pre-reqs for nursing school. My ultimate goal is to earn my masters and become a nurse-midwife.

Amy

That is so cool! It sounds like my dream job! I would love a job where I could help get struggling readers in to reading.
    Keep Moving Forward

First Trip: March '07
    Second Trip: May '08
    Third Trip: Hopefully Soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an oncology clinical research coordinator - so basically I place cancer patients on clinical trials for new drugs/chemotherapeutic agents.
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a paralegal - I started this career at age 38. It's amazing what a degree in liberal arts (history degree) will lead to...before this, in order, I was a bookkeeper, a media buyer for an ad agency, an advertising VP, PR Coordinator for a community mental health facility - then I moved to SC and went back to bookkeeping. Ugh - so back to school and, ta da, 2 years later I became a certified paralegal. I work for a sole practioner - we do bankruptcies and simple divorces. And I get to knock off early on Fridays!!!
    Page aka sorarail

Always apply a joyful mind and live with a joyful heart!

FW - May '15 (in our new Airstream!!)
    YCR - November '13
    POR - April '12
    ASM - January '11
    YCR - November '08
    AKL - November '03
    CB - November '01
    Poly - Christmas '98
    Offsite '92
    Offsite '79

Post Thanks / Like

i'm a family medicine doc , formerly military, now private practice.

interesting to see so many nurses- who's caring for our patients?!?
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a certified Hatha yoga teacher/studio owner; former middle school teacher:

I would LOVE to see yoga classes offered @ WDW, the Spa resorts would be a great start. I think it's enjoyable to join in a class either at the begining of the day to get those muscles 'warmed up' for the walking ahead or doing a nice, relaxing class at the end of the day. I'll keep suggesting it.

----------------
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...
    Shining at the end of ev'ry day

Post Thanks / Like

Like my name says, I'm an RN also. I worked for 7 years on a Pediatric Intensive care step-down unit and in Pediatric Intensive care for 5 years before that. I took a year off after my husbands death to spend with my kids and have recently started a new job in a Drs office. The hours are so much better than night shift at a hospital.

I am also the mother of five children. Our trips to WDW are what keeps me sane at this point. It's the one place I can go and remember my DH and forget about everything else all at the same time.
    Lauri
    1993 Offsite
    1995 Offsite
    Sept 2001 AKL
    Oct 2002 AKL
    Sept-Oct 2004 AKL
    Sept-Oct 2006 CR
    April 2007 Offsite
    Sept-Oct 2008 AKLV

Post Thanks / Like

I work in the Slot department at Bellagio in Las Vegas. Basically I pay the jackpots, pay the handpays, help guests with any problems on the machines, sign up guests for reward cards, fix machine jams/tilts/errors, and anything else that has to do with slots. My wife is a third grade teacher.
    First trip to WDW June '08.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney-

Post Thanks / Like

I work 35 hours/week in the season ticket sales department of the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club. GO ROX! Last fall was amazingly busy for us...and, having been a Rockies fan since the age of 7, being able to watch the World Series in person, one of the greatest times of my life!

I am also a full-time senior at the Univ. of Colorado at Denver...GO BUFFS! I will graduate with my degree in communication in December.

After I graduate, with my foot already in the door, I plan on going full-time working for a MLB team in baseball operations. My goal is to become a GM.
    Andrea

Dec. '96- All Star Sports

May '98- Caribbean Beach Resort
    Dec. '98- All Star Sports
    Jan. '00- Off Site
    Dec. '01- All Star Sports
    Dec. '03- All Star Sports
    Jan. '05- Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. '06- Pop Century
    Aug. '06- All Star Movies
    Next Trip: Jan. '09- Running the half marathon

Post Thanks / Like

I work in a kitchen & bath design showroom. Although my official title is receptionist, about 80% of what I do is actually sales support. The sales associates are also training me to sell to clients, which I really enjoy. I got the job through a temp agency after I left my old job teaching preschool. I loved the place so much, I ended up staying on full-time.

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: