Quantcast So, what do YOU do?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So, what do YOU do?

I hope this post is okay!
    I have always been curious how diverse the Disney fan's job base is! So, post, let us know what you do for a living!

I work at an animal shelter, myself. I reunite lost stray animals with their owners; I also assist in the surrender and redemption of animals, as well as adoptions.

My job can be super tough, so my next trip to WDW always keeps me afloat.

So, what do YOU do? How does WDW influence you in your job?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a nurse (RN) and I work on a step-down ICU unit. I work nights, so a lot of my posts usually happen when I'm staying up the night before and such.

I love my job, but I only work 3 days a week (which is full time!). Makes it easy to get a quick trip in... I can be off a whole week without having to use paid time off! It is very stressful, so a Disney World or Disney Cruise trip makes me get through it all!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Well,today, I work in the Student Loan industry. However, as of May 2 my job will be eliminated...so I guess a new career awaits me!

My upcoming DW trip is truly keeping my mind of the impending unemployment issue...

Gotta love Intercot and Disney World!!!

DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Lieutenant in the local Sheriff's Department...

I am in charge of all of the equipment for my dept. Everything from the Radio system to the Lights on top of the patrol cars to the telephones that answer 911.....

I am on the SWAT team and also a member of the Bomb Squad.

I am the go to guy for everyone's trip to WDW at the department. Everyone knows that if I am not at work than I am on Vacation at WDW.

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

I am a junior at San Diego State University. I'm a social work major.

I'm taking 15 units, so I'm too busy to work right now. I'll probably get a part time job once this crazy semester ends and I can take fewer units. I'd like to get a job in the social services. I used to work on the San Diego County Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline, which was a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in my first year of college as a Journalism major and I work part time and as the temp at a car dealership as a receptionist.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I teach first grade in the South Bronx, NYC.

I'm also working on my master's degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). I've completed 21 of 36 credits; I'm currently in 2 classes (6 credits). After this term I only have one more class along with two practicums and then I'm done!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I am a school bus driver, my route is mainly elementary and special need preschoolers. My love of Disney and Disney characters provides me an opportunity to connect with my preschoolers as most of them carry backpacks sporting their favorite characters. My elementary students are all girls that love Hannah Montana and High School Musical.

Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

If you listen to the news I'm one of those evil mortgage loan professionals. I've been in the mortgage industry for fifteen years with the same company and absolutely love my job. I've helped thousands of customers and at times I feel like George Bailey and have a huge loyal customer base.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a 4th year University student (in Canada) working toward a psychology degree. I don't intend on going to graduate school, so I'm debating between specialization courses or a nursing after-degree. I also do admin work for the cardiology department at our city's biggest hospital, and hopefully I will wind up back here soon in another capacity!
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Mr. & Mrs. Mouse are heading back to WDW! We're celebrating our 1st anniversary at the Wilderness Lodge in July!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a commissioning officer for local government. I am responsible for helping commission over 200 services for homeless people and those that need housing support.
    On top of that I do all the finance for the team and am a system administrator for the IT system.

So I really need Disney to keep me going
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a member services rep at a credit union. I open all accounts, but also process all the atm and debit card applications. Ialso take away those same cards when people get carried away and do things they shouldn't . Run credit reports, order checks, deal with the public all day long. Love my job, but sometimes I just need to escape from it! The people I work with think I'm nuts when I say I'm going to DW to relax!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Homemaker (I think that is what they call me). I take care of the kids and house. Since I have to take my kids on vacation too Disney is the only place I can get away from the Mother in me and be a kid with my kids. Everything always seems better at the Magical place on earth.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a stay-at-home mom....I tend to like the sound of that better than homemaker. My little boy has 1 1/2 years left before starting school full-time. When he does I'll start another pet-care business. I did petsitting before kids, but now I'm leaning towards a do-it-yourself dog grooming shop.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

I am the office manager at the Water District in my home town. I am responsible for all finacial aspects, as well as billing and customer service.
    I am the person everyone goes to for help planning a WDW vacation.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a stay-at-home mom (or homemaker, I'll take either) so I work and don't get paid-that's what I tell my DH anyway. I'm also the trip planner of the family. And like Dee, that's exactly it- Disney World is a place where I can be a kid with my kids. They're growing so fast, I really treasure these family trips!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a stay at home mom. I have two little boys (2 and 3 months) and a sweet labradoodle that count on me for everything. DH (who also is on intercot quite frequently) is an industrial electrician in a steel mill. He works afternoons and usually works 7 days a week. I really look forward to our WDW trips so that we can spend a lot of time together with our boys. It's just a shame we can't bring the dog with us

Post Thanks / Like

I teach music at a primary school. It's a fun and creative job that can be physically and mentally exhausting. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way, but it does mean that I'm usually headed to bed by 9pm!

I am lucky that I get Fridays off right now, working part time. That leaves me time to spend with my kids until my oldest leaves for kindergarten next fall. My DH is also a music teacher. He teaches at our local school so he'll be DDs' music teacher.

This year is the first year that I have my own room at school all to myself, so I have decorated my desk area with all the Disney things I can find. Even have a pair of silver YOAMD ears hanging from the ceiling. The other way Disney has influenced my career is that I tend to tell a lot of stories when I teach. I love the way Imagineers build and enhance a ride through the use of storytelling. I try to do the same with my teaching.

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I work at an Alternative High School in the Media/Tech Center. I check out books and do the computer setups. This is a big change for me in the last year, before taking on this job I worked in the office of an Elementary School as a service person, meaning I was a Jack of all trades, Master of None. I loved my job, but must admit I love what I'm doing now even more! WDW has been then main vacation of choice for my family for the last 20 years. When asked where my family wants to go this year it is always Disney World. It is the one place where we feel you can just lose yourself. No thinking about home or your job! Disney just makes all that disappear! Can't get any better then that!!!
    off site at brother in laws in Sanford starting 1989 until 1999
    off site at place 5min. from main gates 2000 until 2007
    Had the best trip ever April 5th - 20th 2007
    Arriving April 3,2009

Post Thanks / Like

I am an administrative assistant at the University of South Carolina, School of Medicine. One of my responsibilities is to coordinate a free smoking cessation program. I love this portion of my work, but it can be depressing when you see people come in with oxygen tanks and such and they are so young.
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: