Quantcast Billy Hill & The Hillbillies

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Billy Hill & The Hillbillies

How does the show work? Is it just a show or do they still serve food?

I have not gone into the Golden Horsehoe in years. Time was you had to get your name on the reservation list. They would notify you when to return for your show. There was always a long line to enter and after sitting you would order your food as part of a sit down meal and show.

Now I never see a line. I assume that there is not a meal anymore and it is just an area to watch Billy Hill & The Hillbillies.

Thanks for the help.
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    DLR - AP
    Walt Disney World
    May 1988, 2000, 2003, Oct 2006 - Offsite
    May 1990 - Cruise/CBR
    May 2006 - POR & Swan
    May 2007 - Tokyo Disney Sea
    Jan 2009, May 2010, Jan 2013, May 2015 - Swan
    Sept 2016 - Wyndham Grand BC/Swan
    Sept 2018 - Dolphin

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a counter service location inside the Horseshoe that is always open (it's usually walk-up between shows), during shows you can get food to eat while the show is on -- the chicken strips are good, and seem to be better than anyplace at Disneyland!

As for the show ... ... super funny and talented performers. It's truly a great 20 minutes and everyone should take a little time, relax and laugh with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'm sold. We will give it a try.
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    DLR - AP
    Walt Disney World
    May 1988, 2000, 2003, Oct 2006 - Offsite
    May 1990 - Cruise/CBR
    May 2006 - POR & Swan
    May 2007 - Tokyo Disney Sea
    Jan 2009, May 2010, Jan 2013, May 2015 - Swan
    Sept 2016 - Wyndham Grand BC/Swan
    Sept 2018 - Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a great show! Very entertaining. You don't have to worry about being there early or anything...there are enough shows daily that none are usually 100% full. If you show up late, you can still walk in, and there are almost always seats in the upper level in the back.

As mentioned, the food inside is counter service. But, they have ice cream sundaes in there! And some HUGE slices of chocolate cake, so even if you don't eat a full meal, you can always just have dessert!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip about deserts - what a great idea! I have never seen the show here, so I am putting it on my list for next week.
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't wait until the last minute to get a seat. I've been many times and have never seen it empty - especially if it's a Sunday or Monday when the "A-Team" performs.

I'd show up about 30 minutes early to get a table and the food. The second level isn't the best seat in the house or convenient if you want to go up the the counter.

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I wouldn't wait until the last minute to get a seat. I've been many times and have never seen it empty - especially if it's a Sunday or Monday when the "A-Team" performs.

I'd show up about 30 minutes early to get a table and the food. The second level isn't the best seat in the house or convenient if you want to go up the the counter.

You're right about the Sunday/Monday thing. I should have clarified.

What I meant was, on weekdays (Tues-Friday), during a non holiday week, it's usually very possible to walk in and find a good seat. I have seen this show many many times, and I tend to just go in and catch the last 1/2 when I'm in the area and want to sit and listen to some music. There are always seats upstairs, although, it's true they are not the best, but for me, as a return guest who's seen the show a lot, I don't need a front row seat.

Also, once the show starts, getting food is actually easier in many cases. Most people get their food BEFORE the show, so the lines are long, but once the show is started, you can usually walk right up to the counter.

Again, if this is your FIRST TIME seeing the show, get there early to get a good seat, as Carol recommended. If you want food, get it before the show so you can pay attention to the show and not miss any antics.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at TinkWest's posted entertainment schedule. I noticed that Billy HIll show times are listed for February, but not for March. Will the show not be availabe in March, or is it just that the show times have not yet been published? (heard so many good things about this show I really don't want to miss it when we go in March!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avalon451 View Post
    I was looking at TinkWest's posted entertainment schedule. I noticed that Billy HIll show times are listed for February, but not for March. Will the show not be availabe in March, or is it just that the show times have not yet been published? (heard so many good things about this show I really don't want to miss it when we go in March!)
    They will be there. I'll be updating in a few days.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Tink! Your help and info is very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

My funnest experience seeing the Billies was getting there early enough to get a lower level box seat right next to the stage. I ate my childrens meal chicken fingers and chocolate milk and enjoyed that show so much! They really interact with you when you sit in the front or in the boxes. It makes you feel like you have your own private special area for the show.
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to bring in food from other take-out
    places, too.

I go to Bengal for the skewers and bring them
    into the show. It's all from the same kitchen
    and the staff is just fine with that.

Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: