Quantcast Blue Tooth head sets.... what's up with them?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Blue Tooth head sets.... what's up with them?

Ok, as long as we're fussing about texting on another thread, I thought I'd throw this in.

What's up with people wearing a Blue Tooth headseat ALL THE TIME? Are they really expecting a phone call every minute? I've seen people wear them in restaurants, stores, theaters, churches, regardless of where they are or what they're doing.

And if it does happen to go off while you're in the restaurant, store, theater, church, etc.... are you going to instantly hit the button to answer it?

I don't get it.

Offended, no. But it annoys me, and much more so than someone sending a text in my presence. And frankly, I think it looks goofy.
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I swore I would never get a Bluetooth. I feel the same way you do, I never understood the whole concept of having somthing in your ear all the time
    Then I accidentally pulled my hands free cord out of my phone and damaged the port that it went into. After that I had no choice but to get a Bluetooth. Luckily mine came with a clip that I hook it onto and I actually wear it around my neck.
    I honestly don't know what I'd do if it didn't have that. I do love my Bluetooth though.

Post Thanks / Like

My stepdad loves his. (While he's a trucker and driving I get it and it makes total sense when he's not driving not so much)

Frankly I do think they look weird and wonder if they have an impact on hearing..just me perhaps though.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I laugh at myself when I see someone talking to themself and then I realize they have bluetooth.

I think they are ready to be transported back to the mother ship.

(beam me up , Scottie)
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are probably wonderful for driving but otherwise I think they are ridiculous You have to chuckle when you see someone just walking along talking to what looks like no one at all! I also find it rude when I am talking to someone or in a car with them and they all of a sudden start talking to someone else. I just don't get it but I only use my cell phone for emergencies. I never chat on it but I guess I'm "old fashioned". I guess it's no surprise that I don't text either.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I only s mine when im driving. too many states are making people use hands free devices while driving. Living in Mass, it's only a matter of time before they start making us use them. I like to prepare myself for the worse
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

I only use mine when im driving. too many states are making people use hands free devices while driving. Living in Mass, it's only a matter of time before they start making us use them. I like to prepare myself for the worse
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"

Walt Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Lucas View Post
    I only use mine when im driving. too many states are making people use hands free devices while driving. Living in Mass, it's only a matter of time before they start making us use them. I like to prepare myself for the worse
    Hey you! I know you!!!! You're the guy that wears that StormTrooper costume!!!
    I had to laugh, because YOU DO PREPARE FOR THE WORST! Here I am this happy go lucky person not really paying attention to the future, you on the other hand have the escape plan all worked out.!
    I gotta get me one of those blue tooth things for the Sidekick!

Welcome aboard, Eric!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Offend me, no. But I agree with the OP, they do look pretty stupid. Unfortunately, I live in NJ and they're starting to enforce the whole hands free thing, so I think I'll have to cave and buy one soon.

But trust me, I won't wear it 24/7. ;-)

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using bluetooth headsets for a few years, and I also find it strange that people wear them all the time. I have never liked having mine on unless I'm actually talking. The exception, like others, is when I'm driving. I usually leave it on then, so it is easy to answer the phone ... especially on the freeway.

On the other side, I think it is probably the safest place to keep the bluetooth headset. In the last few years I've lost or broken at least 5 or 6 of them. Luckily I've found some great deals online to replace them. Sadly, my favorite headset (which I bought 4 times) is no longer made. The current one I have was given to me by a friend as a birthday gift because she knew how much bad luck I've had with my headsets.

Most of the time I will keep it in my pocket, but even when I turn it off it usually ends up coming on in my pocket, then I pick up the phone and the person can't hear me until I notice the bluetooth is on. The bluetooth I really liked was designed in a way I could easily clip it to my shirt ... The one I have now won't allow me to do that.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Well this may sound tacky but I dubbed them "Ear Roaches" a long time ago. They just sorta looked like a giant beetle hanging on a persons ear.

But I can't talk much because both my boyfriend and I now have blue tooth capable phones and we're looking forward to getting a couple of "Ear Roaches" for ourselves. Alas we can't wear them all the time but they sure would be nice while in the car.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    Well this may sound tacky but I dubbed them "Ear Roaches" a long time ago. They just sorta looked like a giant beetle hanging on a persons ear.

I call mine "my cockroach"

Post Thanks / Like

I work in a hospital and one of our docs wears one - I swear, it makes him look like Dr Spock! I don't think I could wear one. I don't even like my hands-free wire - it limits my hearing too much being nearly deaf in one ear.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

pogo Guest

Here in New York you are required to use a handsfree device while driving. I went through two corded headsets before I went to the BT and now I'd never go back. I use my cell phone for business and wear out a battery in a day, so the BT is the only way to go ! But, when I'm not driving, I am not wearing it !

Come on Marker..... get with the program !

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I have no issue with people using them while they're driving. DW's car has the built-in Bluetooth so she doesn't need a headset, but I have one for when I drive.

But yeah ... I find it immensely pretentious when people walk around with them in while doing mundane things like grocery shopping.

To me it says, "Hey ... look at me ... I am SO important that I just can't possibly be out of touch for more than a second. At any given moment, some incredibly critical phone call may come in and I have to be able to answer it in the blink of an eye. Aren't you impressed??"

I feel the same way about people above the age of 18 who wear their sunglasses indoors.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I watched a woman with one on while we were ice skating the other day. I have to say we made fun of her pretty bad. However, I will admit she never fell (see feeling like a DOPE post)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    "

I feel the same way about people above the age of 18 who wear their sunglasses indoors.

Hey! I resemble that remark! When I have a migraine I am so light sensitive I have been known to wear my sunglasses indoors.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    To me it says, "Hey ... look at me ... I am SO important that I just can't possibly be out of touch for more than a second. At any given moment, some incredibly critical phone call may come in and I have to be able to answer it in the blink of an eye. Aren't you impressed??"
    That's hilarious!! It's exactly what my husband and I always say when we see people in the mall/grocery store/public restroom, etc.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark! When I have a migraine I am so light sensitive I have been known to wear my sunglasses indoors.
    Okay ... medical exceptions excluded!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    And frankly, I think it looks goofy.
    I agree they are goofy looking. We call folks using them "Borgs" as in Star Trek.

However, in a few years they will probably be so common place we won't give them a second look.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: