Quantcast Eli Manning ditches Disneyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eli Manning ditches Disneyland

After playing the whiney baby being drafted (refusing to play for San Diego or any team but NY), Eli continues to be a punk and missed his flight to Disneyland. He must hate west-coasters. Well, the feeling's mutual.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Gee maybe he would rather be with his team tomorrow in the Ticker Tape Parade they are holding for them in New York.......

Just my opinion

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

The news reports said that due to airport delays, he couldn't get out in time to make the parade and get back again to NYC for Letterman. He is suppose to do it later.

I still love him!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I'm no big fan of Eli's but that was one of the most biased posts ever. He didn't "ditch" Disneyland there were logistical problems.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    After playing the whiney baby being drafted (refusing to play for San Diego or any team but NY), Eli continues to be a punk and missed his flight to Disneyland. He must hate west-coasters. Well, the feeling's mutual.
    It was actually Phillip Rivers who demanded to be traded post-draft to the Chargers. Manning was fine with being in SD.
    Dec 2002, All Star Music (1 yr anniversary)
    Dec 2001, All Star Movies (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

He is a team player. He has nothing against the west coast. Don't you feel he owes something to his constituents in New York- to be in the parade?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, why on earth does anyone owe Disney more consideration than one's teammates and fans? I wasn't aware that it was written into their NFL contracts that they are required to go to Disney the day after they win the Superbowl.....

Seems like it is an optional thing, right? More traditional than anything else.

As for me, I couldn't imagine rather being in Disneyland than being in a tickertape parade in NYC with all those adoring fans!!!!! Those fans are the ones who deserve to see him, not the folks at DL, most of whom probably couldn't care less.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw a on TV where they say " Eli Manning you just won the Super Bowl now what are you going to do?" and he say "I'm going to Disney World."

Don't know if this means anything or not, just thought I would mention it.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    I just saw a on TV where they say " Eli Manning you just won the Super Bowl now what are you going to do?" and he say "I'm going to Disney World."

Don't know if this means anything or not, just thought I would mention it.
    We must have watched the commercial at the same time!

Strange how he said Disney World, and not land.

Hmmm
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

They film 2 versions of the ad- the east coast TV markets the person chosen for the commercial usually says "i'm going to Disney World!" while on the west coast ads they'll say Disneyland- just depends on the market and which resort is closer in terms of what you'll see aired.

Disneyland officials basically were quick to try and get whoever the Super Bowl MVP would be out to the resort especially for the photo-ops associated with the just-opened in-park Disneyland Dreams Suite (the park PR/marketing folks would especially love to throw out there that the Manning clan were among the first celebrities to stay in the suite)

Manning just couldn't fit it into his schedule (can you blame him?)- at one point Disneyland even had a back-up plan to have him out at the resort pretty early this morning before the park opened to the public to get that photo-op of Eli on Main Street along with some local pop warner kids before he would have to rush out anyway to catch a flight and make it back in time for tomorrow's parade in NYC.

Well, the parade went on as scheduled with the pop warner kids on an otherwise empty looking float (who of course were bummed out) but his reps say they'll want to work to reschedule something.

I only hope it doesn't mean an appearance by Peyton too*

*Someone at a superbowl party I went to had what they thought was a great idea to take a drink everytime Peyton appeared on screen- originally meant as a joke thinking about just how many commercials he might show up in but we went along with it and I started cursing Fox for every other shot of the luxury box. (at least it wasn't take a drink with every reference to House or the Terminator TV shows)

Post Thanks / Like

I happen to enjoy both boys. How often does it happen that brothers from different teams end up with Super Bowl rings?

If you were their mother or father, wouldn't you be proud?

Anywho, it is very interesting that Eli said World and not Land, and he was going to go to Land anyway? Hmmmmm.

Comes down to Disney making money. Wow.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    We must have watched the commercial at the same time!

Strange how he said Disney World, and not land.

Hmmm
    Mufasa said the same thing I was going to say. Disney will always have the person say both Disney World and Disneyland. They will then produce two versions of the commercial to air in different parts of the country. There have been other cases where the person could not appear right away, but they always reschedule an apperance. If I'm not mistaken, this is a paid endorsement so they are obligated by contract to show up at the parks if they want to get paid for the Disney mention.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mulderxcoltrane View Post
    It was actually Phillip Rivers who demanded to be traded post-draft to the Chargers. Manning was fine with being in SD.
    Uh ... that's completely wrong. It was Eli Manning who was drafted by SD and he refused to play there.

The Giants drafted Rivers basically for SD and then worked out the trade.

That was all Eli.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone realize the fallout Eli would face if he missed theparade to be in Disneyland

I'm sure a solution will be worked out and all interested parties will be happy.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    I happen to enjoy both boys. How often does it happen that brothers from different teams end up with Super Bowl rings?
    I like them, too. And yes, that is rare and special, especially winning one year apart!

I'm not offended that Eli Manning was too busy after winning a Super Bowl to stop by Disneyland first...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    They film 2 versions of the ad- the east coast TV markets the person chosen for the commercial usually says "i'm going to Disney World!" while on the west coast ads they'll say Disneyland- just depends on the market and which resort is closer in terms of what you'll see aired.
    They commercial that aired in San Diego said Disney World, I commented about it to my DH.
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaerbear178 View Post
    They commercial that aired in San Diego said Disney World, I commented about it to my DH.
    If the ad you were watching appeared in a primetime show, it may be a national spot which may say Disney World. If it is a local or regional spot it could say Disneyland. So it would be possible to see a Disney World spot even on the west coast.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Uh ... that's completely wrong. It was Eli Manning who was drafted by SD and he refused to play there.

The Giants drafted Rivers basically for SD and then worked out the trade.

That was all Eli.
    Ian is correct.

Ian,

Just out of curiosity, I can remember some pretty emotional posts a couple of years ago by you calling the entire Manning family losers. Can you tell us what your opinion of them is now?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zeppo Manning

Eli had a good game and has erased the famous comment [I]" The Giants got the Zeppo Marx of the manning family" [/I]

BUT he eventually needs to go to Disneyland- and he should. But i do understand having to be with his teammates. Disney should come next.

Actually David Tyree needed to be MVP-

Eli showed up in the biggest stage, and this is coming from a Jet fan's perspective. I hate the Giants, but hate the Patriots worse !!!!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post

Welcome to Intercot, Mr. Belichick!!
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: