Quantcast Victora & Albert's - worth the $$$?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Victora & Albert's - worth the $$$?

Hi all,

My sister and I are planning a trip in April and she is trying to convince me that we should make reservations at V & A's to celebrate her new job.

We understand that it will be EXPENSIVE for us to dine there, but I'm just concerned about the quality - will it be worth the money that we will spend or is it just the name/status that draws people in?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, V&A is very expensive (even with our DDE 20% discount we spent around $450 including tip for the two of us to dine there in December).

Was it worth it?

YES!!!

Food is amazing, unique, and prepared like no other place we ever dine at (and we like to dine at fine dining establishments). I ate my very first oyster EVER in December at V&A, and it was delicious, and I SWORE I would never eat one! If you like beef, spend the extra money to upgrade to the Kobe beef. I have NEVER tasted filet like it....it spoiled me.

I always discover a new wine there, and go crazy tracking it down at home sometimes.

Service is second to none. You are treated like true royalty there.

Let them know you are celebrating something special. Ladies always get a long stemmed red rose, but we also get something special when it's an anniversary or birthday (this last time we were given a special dessert to take along with us).

It's not something you do everyday. It's a special meal, and as long as you're ready for the sticker shock, it's also worth every penny.

Oh, get the Kona Chocolate Souffle, or the Bailey's Chocolate Chip Souffle for dessert (they vary)......pure heaven.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

For us it is not worth it, not for the money, as I have no problem spending $500 on dinner, just because it isn't something we would enjoy. DH and I much prefer a more lively atmosphere with great food, great wine, and great views while dining in WDW. I'm sure V&A is lovely for dinner but none of the menus I have seen pique my curiosity. DH and I would rather have a great dinner at CG with our children and a bottle of great wine, Opus One just came to mind. If I were you I would weigh the financial costs and the opportunity costs of dining at V&A and see where that leads you. You would have to bring the proper clothing, spend the time getting ready, and be prepared to do whatever after dinner activities you have planned dressed up. We like going right to the CG from the parks enjoying a great dinner and then going on to our nightly activities without missing a beat. Maybe another idea you and your sister might enjoy is a showing of La Nouba coupled with a great dinner. The show was wonderful when we saw it! Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have a great night! Congrats to your sister and her new job!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

"Is it worth it" is one of the hardest questions to answer here on Intercot. I had two coworkers dine at V&A's on their honeymoons, about a week apart. One couple loved the experience, and said that it was one of the best meals of their lives. They are foodies. The other couple, more steak and potatoes type, hated the whole experience. They couldn't see what the hype was about. I think the answer lies in your tastes, and if you want to spend that much for a meal.
    Congrats to your sister on her new job!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Natazu Guest

There's not a better dining experience anywhere in the area. Every aspect of gourmet dining is observed. It's worth every penny from the food, to the service - pure relaxation and indulgence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quality isn't an issue in the decision. It is and will be very high. As others have said, the issues are how dressed up to you want to be because you will have to be for this restaurant. That's the main reason we don't have on our list now. We want a more casual experience and not to be encumbered with the formal wear after dinner is over. However, if we had a really special occasion to celebrate, this would be the place.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We loved it. We are not foodies, but we do enjoy a good meal and a great selection of wines.

For special occasions, I don't think you can beat V & A's. Spend the money. New jobs or 25th anniversaries don't come along every day.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

A few people have already explained the dilemma well. Like Jym said, Victoria & Albert's offers the best fine dining experience in the area, but not everybody is looking for that experience.

Somebody mentioned wanting a livelier atmosphere. For her, I'd suggest California Grill, which is a phenomenal restaurant without the frills and pretension of Victoria & Albert's.

For those looking for a classic upscale dinner, Victoria & Albert's is worth the money. The dining room is quiet and elegant, and you do have to dress accordingly. Everything about the restaurant oozes luxury, and you will get exactly what you pay for.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I had the best meal I've ever had in my life at V&A. I'm looking forward to hopefully going again sometime.

If you really enjoy good food, it's exceptional, and definitely worth it.
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Victoria and Albert's worth the money?

No.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten here twice, and both times it was the most amazing meal I've ever eaten. So good. Previous posters had it right, though. If you're looking for a lively dinner with great views, then maybe this isn't the best choice. Also, this is a long dinner- 2 1/2 to 3 hours. It didn't feel that long to me, but I know people who said it dragged on. I guess it depends on what sort of dining experience you are looking for. Personally, I love it and would absolutely do it. It's one of the few times I ever get to be dressed up, so that's a big plus for me. The food and service is amazing. Just some of my thoughts.
    "One can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

3/21 & 3/22/07- Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: