Quantcast Hockey anyone? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Mr. Brass Bonanza Guest

As long as the Hurricanes, Rangers, and Bruins don't make the playoffs, all will be good.

I probably need not state my situation. Right now I'm a fan of my brother's deck hockey team. I have no interest in professional hockey, and won't again until the Whalers come home.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Wings fan orginially from Hockeytown stuck out here in the great desert Southwest DH is a Sabres fan. Hockey is one of the main reasons I miss home so much, it's certainly not for the weather Looking forward to the playoffs, just wish that the Wings did as great in those as they do in the regular season, time will tell!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

BLUEJACKETS

Just had to put my 2 cents in nothing exciting this year unfortunately.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

This year who know who will end up in the playoffs. A lot of these teams are really close.

In the Eastern Conference - Panthers, Capitals, Sabres are all within a point or two of Flyers. And the Rangers and Bruins are only a 3 points ahead of those teams. These last few games are really must wins for these guys.

In the Western Conference - Predators, Canucks, Avalanche, Flames and Wild are all within just 2 to 4 points of each other. It's a really close race with these teams.

It's will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default My bucket of octopus

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I'm a Wings fan orginially from Hockeytown stuck out here in the great desert Southwest DH is a Sabres fan. Hockey is one of the main reasons I miss home so much, it's certainly not for the weather Looking forward to the playoffs, just wish that the Wings did as great in those as they do in the regular season, time will tell!
    I must say that I am also a huge Wings fan and I'm sorry you have to share space with a Sabres fan.

I'm also a Ducks fan which I know is sacreligious to love the former Disney team. I have a personal invenstment in that team so I have to root for them.

When it comes down to it though I have to pick up my bucket of octopus and root for the Wings. They've got a chance to bring Lord Stanley's Cup home and I think we can expect to see it happen within the next ten years. I actually like that there isn't really a powerhouse team that wins every year. Hockey is the greatest sport ever.
    I just made a clever comment on the interwebs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4fun View Post
    I must say that I am also a huge Wings fan and I'm sorry you have to share space with a Sabres fan.

I'm also a Ducks fan which I know is sacreligious to love the former Disney team. I have a personal invenstment in that team so I have to root for them.

When it comes down to it though I have to pick up my bucket of octopus and root for the Wings. They've got a chance to bring Lord Stanley's Cup home and I think we can expect to see it happen within the next ten years. I actually like that there isn't really a powerhouse team that wins every year. Hockey is the greatest sport ever.

Sorry I hate the Ducks, Pronger is such a you know what. I can't believe he only got 8 games for stomping on someone's exposed calf. Kinda like the cheap shot he took on Holmstrom last year. I hope we wipe the ice with them this year.

I hope the Wings bring the cup home again this year. It's just so sad how well they do in the regular season, basically untouchable, and then kinda fall apart in the playoffs. It truly does become a different game post season. Anyone's cup at a certain point!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Sorry I hate the Ducks, Pronger is such a you know what. I can't believe he only got 8 games for stomping on someone's exposed calf. Kinda like the cheap shot he took on Holmstrom last year. I hope we wipe the ice with them this year.

I hope the Wings bring the cup home again this year. It's just so sad how well they do in the regular season, basically untouchable, and then kinda fall apart in the playoffs. It truly does become a different game post season. Anyone's cup at a certain point!
    Everybody hates Pronger. There is a lack of class acts on that team. I'm amazed at how they've declined since winning the cup of cups. I've kept my cheering on the low side for them. I used to play hockey and I've taken a few cheap shots on opponents but nothing more than an elbow or high stick here and there.

The Wings have always had what it takes but for some reason they lose their tenacity in the post season. I think it's because they're trying to stay healthy and avoid taking the big hits they normally do. Frankly you have to be fearless to win in hockey.
    I just made a clever comment on the interwebs!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, I miss Brad Richards. I don't think he was worth the money that we spent on him, but he was my favorite. I hope he does well in Dallas!!
    At least we still have Vinny and Marty! And so far our new goalie Smith has been doing pretty well. Hopefully next season he can do something to help bring the Lighning to the playoffs!!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quest4fun View Post
    Everybody hates Pronger. There is a lack of class acts on that team. I'm amazed at how they've declined since winning the cup of cups. I've kept my cheering on the low side for them. I used to play hockey and I've taken a few cheap shots on opponents but nothing more than an elbow or high stick here and there.

The Wings have always had what it takes but for some reason they lose their tenacity in the post season. I think it's because they're trying to stay healthy and avoid taking the big hits they normally do. Frankly you have to be fearless to win in hockey.
    I don't know anyone that likes Proger or Joe Thornton from the Sharks.

As for the Wings....well being a Preds fan....we hate them. Last night they weren't playing like they were afraid to get injured. They kept trying to start fights with players. And ones that don't fight! The Wings do well because they have older experienced players. The Preds like to pick them young....Hartnell was only 17 when he started. I think that make a difference.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I just got back from a weekend trip to Pittsburgh to see the Pens play the

It was such an awesome game. All year we have watched them on TV and we got to see them up close, three rows from the glass.

The Pens are hot but I am wondering if Sidney Crosby will add or distract from the momentum when he comes back. They just have to make sure they let Geno keep doing whatever he has been even with Crosby back. Malkin owns the ice. You can see it when you are there live.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Is anybody else seriously enjoying playoff hockey?

How do people not enjoy this sport? It's so amazing... so exciting! I turn on baseball after watching hockey and I want to take a nap.

Why why why is this sport not respected more? The players- so much more down to earth than other sports, so much tougher, so much more dedicated.

Case and point- Rangers/Devils last night, knock out a mouth full of teeth, back on the ice next shift. Avery gets a puck to the face, stitched up, didn't miss a shift. The hitting is insane. And they do this every other night, not ever weekend.

I love hockey. I love the NHL. I just wish more people appreciated it.

Anyone feel the same?
    DisneyRoe <3

Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Fall '04 - Space Mountain Operations

Disney PR Professional Intern
    Spring 2008 - Celebration, FL

DVC Spring '08

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen-- and it all starts with a wish!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: