Quantcast Hockey anyone? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    I am a hocky fan! Indy really doesn't have pro hockey but like a very minor league team. Being from Cleveland we had decent hockey in the AHL that I enjoyed. My wife is from PA and is a Penguins fan, and despite my loyality to Cleveland pro sports she has me hooked. We try to take a trip to Pittsburgh once a season for a hockey game and I even have a Sidney Crosby jersey ( don't tell anyone in Cleveland!)
    We're Pens fans also. When are you coming to Pgh for your annual game? It's so expensive that we haven't been going to games although we did have great seats given to us once last season. I used to go all the time back in the late 80's - early 90's.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
    Also curious to see who Forsberg signs with....
    I predict that if he comes back he will be a Flyer again.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I predict that if he comes back he will be a Flyer again.
    He told Preds GM - David Poile that he wanted to come back to a team that would win the Stanley Cup. Preds definitely out....he declined the money they offered for this reason. Somone said Colorado but they are only 1 pt. ahead of the Preds. Based on current standings...I'd say Detroit, Dallas or Ottawa...they have the highest points. It will be interesting.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Forsberg does not go to Ottawa...there are many others I would rather see. What Ottawa needs is a goaltender!
    Minor hockey can be absolutely amazing. You are watching future NHL players..before the big contracts. Those kids play hard.
    I grew up in Quebec, watched Mario Lemieux play in Laval. WOW! I was lucky enough to see many games at the Montreal Forum..the temple of hockey. But I think some of those junior games were more exciting!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    We're Pens fans also. When are you coming to Pgh for your annual game? It's so expensive that we haven't been going to games although we did have great seats given to us once last season. I used to go all the time back in the late 80's - early 90's.
    Kathy,
    I am watching the Pens right now. We are coming next month for the NJ Devils game. Hopefully, Sidney is back. It is just a nice weekend for my wife and I to come over from Indy. We were going to stop by Atlanta and see the Pens/ Thrashers game on our way back up from Disney last month but we decided not to. Of course, in a couple years that may be the only way to do it as I am sure the new arena will be a hot ticket.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

NEW JERSEY DEVILS
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forsberg Rumor From Toronto Sun

Forsberg leaning toward Wild?

Posted: Saturday February 16, 2008 07:54AM ET

There is speculation the Minnesota Wild has moved on to Peter Forsberg's radar. Forsberg is said to be intrigued with the idea of centring Pavol Demitra and Marian Gaborik, and has a relationship with incoming owner Craig Leipold. If Simon Gagne is going to be out long-term in Philadelphia with a concussion, it could sway Forsberg to sign somewhere else.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach

9/06 Coronado Springs

10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IceRef View Post
    Belle:
    On Wisconsin --- Go Badgers
    la,la,la,la, I'm not listening! I'm a Gopher hockey fan because my hockey coach played for the U back in the 50's. As for the pros, I watch the Wild, but I'll root for anyone except for Vancouver (I believe they set a terrible example with their overphysical play), and Detroit and Ottawa (They're overrated and choke).
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff G:

I understand the passion for Badger hockey since moving here over 20 years ago. I can only add one additional experience that ranks just a little better than being in Milwaukee when they won the National Title.

The outdoor game at Lambeau when they faced Ohio State a few years back is a notch up on my scale. A group of us from around the state were even lucky enough to be officiating some of the preliminary exhibition games the day of that event. What an experience to be standing on that sheet in the middle of Lambeau on a perfect day for an outdoor game.

I feel for you also on the commitment to the sport when your child decides it a game they enjoy. Ours are still at it 22 years after the oldest one hit the Learn to Skate program. Life at the rink though does beat many other options.

Belle:

We do get to see the Admiral's a couple of times a year. Just a few weeks back we got to see a former Badger player skate the day before he was called back up to join the Toronto Maple Leafs.

If you’re still looking hard for that Admiral jersey, please shoot a post. My son is doing an internship with the team this semester as a UW - Madison student, and is at every home game. He may be able to help if you’re looking for the most recent logo.

Post Thanks / Like

A little late chiming in, but...Let's go, Red Wings!

We're also fans of the Bruins - the Royal Oak Metro Sports Bruins, our DD's Mites team (ages 7-8).

We wish they'd realign the league so our Wings would face their traditional rivals more often (Maple Leafs, Canadiens, etc.). Regardless what anyone thinks, Colorado is NOT the Wings' biggest rivalry - maybe within the Western Conference, but not overall!

Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge hockey fan, and played since I was a little boy skating on Lake Champlain. Not so easy to play down here in the deep south. I'm a life-long Penguins fan, but when I moved to Huntsville, AL I went to Preds games all the time so I love the Preds as well.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Well Forsberg has signed with the Avalanche which really is surprising since last I heard he wasn't coming back at all this season. And we are entering Zero Hour for the trade deadline and not one major move yet which is even more shocking.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well Forsberg has signed with the Avalanche which really is surprising since last I heard he wasn't coming back at all this season. And we are entering Zero Hour for the trade deadline and not one major move yet which is even more shocking.
    He says one thing and then does something else. If he wants a team with a chance at the stanley cup.....he shoud have a least picked on that were in the top 8 in the Conference. The Avalanche are number 10.

Interesting logic!
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach

9/06 Coronado Springs

10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Well with the addition of Hossa the Penguins just got really really scary in the East
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to pop in this thread as I'm still a big Flyers hockey fan. I think Forsberg was really "playing the field" so to speak. He told all of his friends that he was only going to one of his former teams, and would choose the team that was most competitive. All signs pointed to Flyers until Gagne was pronounced to be done for the season, Richards went down, and the Flyers went on at 10 game tailspin. His friends back here are pretty sure thats what tipped the scale to Colorado. I'm not too bummed out because I want to see what this guy has got. I believe that the Flyers have a great future, and that Forsberg really felt at home the short time he was here. However bringing him in now probably wouldn't have been an ideal situation for the Flyers who are struggling to find an identity and start clicking again. He would just be a huge elephant in the room. Who knows, if he still has it, he may decide to sign with us next season and in the meantime the Flyers can evaluate just how good he is from a distance. I think it works out on both sides.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

flyers
    91-CR
    92-CR
    93-CR
    94-CR
    95-CR
    96-CR
    97-CR
    98-CR
    99-CR
    00-CS
    01-OFF-SITE
    02-CS
    03-CR
    04-CR
    05-CR
    06-CR
    07-GF
    08-AUG-POLY

dbud83 Guest

Another Flyers fan!
    Vinny Prospel anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Well with the addition of Hossa the Penguins just got really really scary in the East
    We are yet to see if it will work. The Pens gave up a lot to get him and after the injury last night he looks to be out about a week. That is a lot of time for a player that might just be here the rest of the season.

Malkin is a machine and Conklin is great in goal (except last night). There is a lot of potential there, but as last night proved, you can't take anything for granted.

It will be interesting to see how everything gels once Crosby comes back and when Fleury gets back in goal (I guess he is ready).
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Well on paper it looks scary
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbud83 View Post
    Another Flyers fan!
    Vinny Prospel anyone?
    My brother was the one who informed me of this trade and I laughed out loud. It's just so funny how the Flyers are always bringing back guys they traded away. I always liked Prospel though. We shall see.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: