Quantcast Monthly Scrapbook Layout Challenge - 2008 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Belle & Carol!!!

Belle, I really enjoyed doing the Chef Mickey Page.

The background paper is Creative Imaginations Magic Plates paper.

The white bazzil 'plate' was cut using the EK Success curvy cutter - large circle (I am SO tempted to buy these, but I have the Creative Memories circles already. I used the Curvy Cutter at my LSS)

On top of the white plate is Sandy Lions Mickey Poses paper to form the center of the plate.

I used black ribbon with white polka dots to separate the 2.

I used the EK Success 'Mickey Swirls' punch to do the swirly Mickeys on the background page and around the plate.

The big Cheese sticker, journaling sticker and Everybody Eat sticker are Creative Imaginations Magic Stickers. I used red & black cardstock behind them to make them pop, and I used pop dots to give them depth on the page.

The font is MICKEY and I cut it out using the Silhouette. It cuts each letter in the 2 pieces, so I actually had to cut out the same size in black cardstock and the inner red paper.

Once I had both pieces of the title cut out I had to put them together like a puzzle! The inner red paper of the lettering is Creative Imaginations Magic Chef.

Besides some inking around the plate and the background paper, I think that is it!

I got all of the papers at my LSS, but they are for sale on line at mouse memories too! I ended up submitting the Chef Mickey & Toll House pages to my LSS for last months Design Team submission as the product is new!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten a few layouts 85% done... the missing 15% is the journaling. I've left room but need to decide if I'm going to handwrite it or type it. I'm leaning toward type because it's neater but handwriting is so much more personal. Shrug. I took the photos in a hurry so some of them are a little blurry. I'll reshoot when I add the journaling.

Our adventure begins

Soaring High at Disney

I'm kind of disappointed at the shots I got of my son and I on Dumbo. Because he's so short, you can barely see him. Another little annoyance... when the photo was taken of us in the Dumbo that's not attached to the ride, my SO cut off half the elephant. I'll train him for scrapbooking photography yet!

Joey's First Haircut

I'm not sure I love this title. I may re-do it. This page needs some oomph. More work to be done. However, I love the photos and think they tell a great story.

Hoop Dee Doo

On our way and waiting

Pop Century is Larger than Life

Around the World in 8 Minutes
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

MickeyChick, your pages look great!!! I know what you mean about journaling. Some days my handwriting is really bad, so I usually opt to do it with the computer. Since they are Disney pages I do a Disney font. Other times I will use a script font to make it look like handwriting.

Most of my scrapbooking things are now in the house, the bigger stuff the movers will be bringing in on Sat. Here are the pictures of my scrapbooking studio so far!! We'll be moved in by Saturday night so I'm hoping to start setting it up first because it's the first room in the house you see.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Mickey Chick!

I HATE handwriting my journaling, I normally print it out because I can download a funky font to suit the theme of the LO. I decided to handwrite on the last LO's because I never do it and thought I would for a change. I am actually surprised I did not tear it off and replace it with a computerized font!

I usually do my LO in my scrap room and then bring it up to the computer room to add the journaling - it would be so nice to have a laptop or a second computer! One day....

Carol - the house looks great! I love the Tink wallies - I looked at a bunch at Michaels yesterday - they actually had an awesome selection,and 40% off coupons too!!! I actually 'treated' myself yesterday to the circle curvy cutter & blade. I currently have the Creative Memories circles, but the large-sized curvey cutter kept calling me, and then my LSS had a 50% off for 1 item, so I was able to get the circles for $13, I then headed to M's and used my 40% coupon for the blade which came to $16.

I love the fabric on your master bedroom curtains! I am looking to re-do our bedroom and DH wants red - I need to pick out a comforter before we pick out a paint colour though.

Oh, and an update on my March Disney challenge...nothing, nadda, zilch, zippo! I have not started. My DT paper this month is the new Bo Bunny boys paper and I am doing a Basic Grey mini-album of the boys running at the Disney Family Fun run at Wide World of Sports - I will post it once it is finished! Well, the boys are in bed and DH is studying, I think I should go scrap now!!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Carol - the house looks great! I love the Tink wallies -

I love the fabric on your master bedroom curtains! I am looking to re-do our bedroom and DH wants red - I need to pick out a comforter before we pick out a paint colour though.
    Thanks!!! I got the Tink decals at Home Depot. It's really cool because they are removeable so I can always change the positions.

The curtains in the master bedroom are actually a burnt orange and olivey green. I found my duvet cover and shams first and then found the fabric.

Hopefully I can start working on my scrapbooking by the end of the month.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Idea!

I am so glad I found this thread. I will work on the layout for March and maybe try January & February's. This is so much fun and yes it will inspire me to work on some layouts. I have a weekender that I am going to at the end of the month so now I will have some time to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the thread, yjgirl715!! We love all the scrapbookers to come here with us and share their work!!! We can all use the inspiration!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I am really impressed with everyone that has submitted layouts. I can tell that you have spent so much time on these- they are all great. I'm not a scrapbooker but I would love to start-I have a bunch of pictures from my trip 1/06 that are just sitting on my computer. Unfortunately I don't have time right now, I am graduating in May with Interior Design and have to focus on my senior project and portfolio (which is still all about layouts!) So hopefully in May I will be able to get started! I can't wait to join all of you!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Mickey Chick!

I HATE handwriting my journaling, I normally print it out because I can download a funky font to suit the theme of the LO.
    I do this exact same thing. I hate writing out my journaling. It ruins my enitre page! Where do you get your fonts from? I bought a CD and use it along with the fonts that came with some of my programs. I would love to be able to find some cute "Disney" like fonts!
    September 2008 --- Wilderness Lodge
    July 2011 --- Wilderness Lodge
    December 2013 --- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess2BsMom View Post
    I do this exact same thing. I hate writing out my journaling. It ruins my enitre page! Where do you get your fonts from? I bought a CD and use it along with the fonts that came with some of my programs. I would love to be able to find some cute "Disney" like fonts!
    I've PM'ed you a few font sights I use.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess2BsMom View Post
    There are so many free font sites - and so many sites where you can purchase fonts.

My personal favourite font download site is "da font". I am sure Carol has PM'd you with the Disney info!

So, I have not started the March challenge yet. I have been working on my design team stuff and I have been asked to give a 1-hour scrapbook lecture to beginners next Wednesday and do a make in take with them. Apparently there will be over 60 people Any ideas for a make n take?

I am thinking about having them scrap a name tag, just to break the ice and to get everyone involved first off. I will pre-cut the tags and they can embellish them, ink them, etc.

For the silhouette users - did you see the new pirate templates???!!! Arggghhhh!!!!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! I've totally forgotten about this thread!

I don't think I'm going to finish the challenge this month! Maybe next month (there's always hope, right?)
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

For the silhouette users - did you see the new pirate templates???!!! Arggghhhh!!!!
    You would have to say that wouldn't you? I'll have to go take a peek.

I almost have the scrapbook studio put together, but it looks like I have to put the sewing studio together because I need to sew a quilt block for work. It has to be done and to HO by May 1.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone completed the March Challenge or the January 'bonus challenge?

I did a scrapbook presentation tonight which I was preparing for the past few days, I have stuff to hand in to my LSS incomplete - and I need to do the March Challenge still...UUUGGHHH!!!!!

And, with April almost amongst us (and hopefully some better weather in our future), let's make Aprils Challenge RIDES!!!!

Stop reading - get scrapping!!!!!!!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Stop reading - get scrapping!!!!!!!
    But...but...my scrapbooking studio isn't put together yet. Can I get it put together first, then do ALL of my challanges? I'm hoping to get it done by the 5th.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

OOOHHHH!!! And I bought one of the new SandyLion Disney albums yesterday!!!! It was 25% off day at my LSS so I HAD to have it!!!!

It is the colourful one with Mickey and the gang on the cover and it comes with some paper and stickers (which I already have most of). Too cute!!!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Has anyone completed the March Challenge or the January 'bonus challenge?
    I have finished the March challenge . . .just haven't had time to take the pics and post them! Hopefully I'll get to that this weekend.
    I can't remember what January was though . . I'll have to go back and look! Hey, maybe I did it already by accident!

And, with April almost amongst us (and hopefully some better weather in our future), let's make Aprils Challenge RIDES!!!!
    Sounds good . . . although it may be a tricky one. I don't always take photos of rides . .. I'll just have to be creative!
    Happy scrapping everyone!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Now I remember, resort photos!! I totally want to do those pages, but my LSS owner has assured me that she's getting some Mardi Gras style paper coming in really soon. Seeing as we stayed at POFQ I thought that I might find something perfect. As soon as that paper comes in I'll do those pages!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I'm new to the Intercot boards and I'm a scrapbooker. I was really happy to find this thread. Is this the only place where you guys talk "scrapping" on these boards? Or in this area - Mousellaneous? I just want to be sure.

I've been working on our April '07 trip and have about 40 pages done so far. If I can figure out how (probably thru photobucket), I'll share some of my faves. We don't put images in posts here, though, right? Just links? I think I can handle that.

And the April challenge is to do a ride layout? I can definitely do that.

1976, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1989 Trips before DH & all offsite.
    1994 at Dixie Landings
    1996 at The Polynesian for our Honeymoon
    2004 at POR, March 2006 at WL, April 2007 at WL
    Returning in December '08 & we'll try out BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loopner67 View Post
    I was really happy to find this thread. Is this the only place where you guys talk "scrapping" on these boards? Or in this area - Mousellaneous? I just want to be sure.

I've been working on our April '07 trip and have about 40 pages done so far. If I can figure out how (probably thru photobucket), I'll share some of my faves. We don't put images in posts here, though, right? Just links? I think I can handle that.
    Welcome to INTERCOT!!!

If it's about Disney then it can go into Mousellanous, otherwise it goes into The Water Cooler.

We can only place links here, no photos.

Lea-Ann, I'm doing awful about getting things done. I'm trying to paint the sewing studio, so if I can get that room done before the weekend I might get started on Disney photos. I need a chair for the studio, unless I want to stand to get all my stuff done or I'll be under my desk!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ